CH6: Ex-BoyFriend

MISFITS: 사랑한다면 이들처럼

 

“Who’s party are we going to again?” L asked as he maneuvered his car through the streets of Seoul following closely behind the red Mercedes-Benz in front of him. It was starting to get dark out and the city lights were turning on illuminating the busy streets.

“I have no idea.” Amber replied back as she leaned back into the passenger seat watching the car in front of them. Kyungsoo and Kai were already passed out in the back seats. The teens have been driving for a good half an hour making their way to the party Krystal invited them to.

“Aish, this girl does not know how to drive!” L mumbled as he slammed onto his breaks when the red car in front made a sudden right turn. “Does she not know what signals are for!?”

“Well… she did say she failed her driver’s test like four times before passing.” Amber said chuckling at L’s outburst. The two boys in the back woke up when their bodies jerked forward from the sudden stop.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked groggily leaning forward so his face was in between Amber and L’s seats.

“I almost hit that stupid girl’s car.” L grumbled as he focused his eyes on the road ahead following the red car once again. Kyungsoo looked amused at L’s pissed off face.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this pissed before.” The round-eyed boy stated with a giggle. Using his free hand L pushed Kyungsoo’s face making the smaller boy fly back into his seat. Kai and Amber laughed at the two’s interaction.

“Are we there yet?” Kai asked with a slight whine in his voice.

“I think so… they’re pulling over.” Amber said. L slowed his car down and parallel parked right behind the other car. Looking through the window towards the house, the four teenagers eyes widened in shock. “It’s Minho’s house.”

“Uh. Oh.” Kai whispered. The four teenagers exited the car cautiously still staring at the house. They exchanged looks and sighed to one another. Their attention shifted towards the other car when the other three teenagers exited their car.

“Yah!” Sulli yelled walking towards L. She punched his shoulder hard out of anger. “You almost hit my car!”

“What?” L asked in disbelief rubbing his shoulder. “If you knew how to drive properly and use your damn signals I wouldn’t of almost hit your car. You psycho b-”

“Here we go again…” Kai mumbled rubbing at his face irritated. The others just watched silently as the two argued.

“Stop it Ssul.” Taemin said pulling the angry girl away from L. He dragged the fuming girl with him towards the large mansion while the other teenagers followed after them.

“Can you try not to fight with her just for today, please?” Kai begged his older brother with pleading eyes.

“She started it!” L said trying to defend himself. Kai just rolled his eyes and walked ahead of the older boy towards his boyfriend. L turned to his sister looking desperate. “You know I didn’t start it this time right?”

“Yeah, sure.” Amber said nodding her head. L huffed out annoyed and crossed his arms over his chest as they reached the front door. They waited patiently for someone to answer the door and when the door opened the siblings along with Kyungsoo flinched as they saw the familiar face of Minho.

“Hey Minho.” Krystal greeted walking past him into the house completely disregarding his presence. Sulli and Taemin greeted him as well before following Krystal. Minho just chuckled at his friends before turning to face the other guests. His eyes widened at seeing the figures in front of him.

“Hi.” Amber greeted awkwardly waving towards Minho who stood rooted in his spot frozen in shock.

“A-amber?” He asked blinking several times.

“It’s been a while.” Amber just nodded her head before stepping into the house. L, Kai and Kyungsoo felt the awkward atmosphere between the two and excused themselves to join the three other teenagers leaving Amber and Minho alone.

“What… w-why are you here?” Minho stuttered out confused. “I-I mean why are you guys here?”

“Krystal invited us. We actually didn’t know it was going to be your party though.” Amber answered. Silence fell over as the two stood in front of one another. “So…”

“Well… I’m glad you guys came. It’s been a while.” Minho said finally recovering from his shocked state. He smiled towards the shorthaired girl in front of him. “I like your new haircut.”

“Thanks.” Amber awkwardly rubbed the back of her head playing with the short ends of her hair. Realization hit her that she hasn’t seen Minho for over a year. “It’s been a year since the last time I saw you… and I wanted to try something different.”

“It really suits you.” The tall boy said with a small smile. He looked towards the other guests in the house behind Amber and found no signs of his friends. “We should probably go find the others.”

“Yeah, good idea.” Amber mumbled letting out a relieved sigh turning around and walking ahead of the taller boy. The two walked with a fair amount of distance between them making their situation a lot more awkward than it needed to be.

 

☰✖

 

“So how was your training with the Air Force?” L asked Minho as they walked around the house together sipping from their cup every now and then. They watched people around the house, some were going crazy dancing and jumping around while others were chilled out relaxing and talking.

“It was great actually. Training was difficult but nothing I couldn’t handle.” Minho answered with a slight nod. He looked around and found Amber laughing and talking with Krystal, Taemin and Sulli. His eyes stayed glued to the four teenagers switching specifically between two of the people in the group. L saw this and smirked knowingly.

“Didn’t know you were dating anyone Min.” L said using the old nickname he would call Minho when they were in high school. “Or should I say, I didn’t know you went both ways.”

“What?” Minho asked confused turning to the other boy.

“You and Taemin.” L answered casually pointing towards the boy across the room. “He’s my dorm mate.”

“We’re not…” Minho said shaking his head. “I mean we tried when I got back a few months ago… but he wasn’t sure about himself. I’m not sure about myself either. And I don’t think the military would approve of having a gay Master Sergeant.”

“You don’t know whether you like boys or girls more? Kai had the same problem before.” L asked as if the confession from Minho was nothing surprising. “Wait… Master Sergeant? How the hell did you manage that, you’ve been in the Air Force for a year!”

“I like whatever looks good to me, I guess. Oh that… it’s all because of my dad. Connections, you know? Everyone knows me as the son of the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force so naturally I was ranked extremely faster than the others.” Minho said shrugging his shoulders. He continued to stare at the laughing teens across the room. His eyes landed on Amber once again and old memories from their past rushed back into his head. “L… I-is Amber seeing anyone at the moment?”

“Not that I know of…” L replied back looking towards where the other tall boy was looking. “But one thing I do know for sure, she is completely and utterly over you Minho. From what I’ve noticed these past few weeks she’s starting to experiment with the same .”

“Really?” The other asked disappointedly. “So… is she starting to go after girls now?”

“Well, she’s starting to go after one particular girl that’s for sure.” L answered with a small nod. The two tall boys stared at the group and watched as Krystal dragged Amber with her towards the crowded dance floor.

 

☰✖

 

“Let’s go dance.” Krystal suggested taking Amber’s hand and dragging her to where a crowd of people were dancing and jumping around. Amber being the awkward teen she was just rubbed the back of her head and bopped along with the DJ’s music while Krystal was following the rhythm with her whole body. Seeing the other awkwardly move along Krystal laughed before throwing her arms over the shorthaired girls shoulders and wrapping them around her neck. “You’re awkwardly cute, do you know that?”

“Huh, w-what?” Amber asked blushing madly. She scratched the back of her head again, a nervous habit of hers. And right now, the longhaired girl was making her incredibly nervous. Krystal reached for the hand behind the other’s head and intertwined their fingers together while bringing her other hand down and pulling the arm making Amber move a step closer to her. The shorter girl bit her bottom lip as she stared at Amber’s lips. “Uhm…I-thank you?”

Krystal giggled at the other’s nervousness before moving another step closer, they were not pressed up together. Amber gulped nervously feeling her face heat up.

“Krystal!” The two teens turned towards their other roommate who was trying to get to them while squeezing through the large mass of people. Krystal quickly dropped the other’s hands and turned to face her best friend.

“What?” She asked clearly annoyed.

“Woah calm down just wanted to tell you that Taemin’s puking his guts out in the bathroom.” Sulli said raising her hands in defense at Krystal’s glare. “He told me to get you. Wants your help.”

“Why?” Krystal whined out. Sulli shrugged not knowing. Krystal turned to Amber, “I’ll just go make sure he’s okay, I’ll catch up with you and Sulli in a bit.”

“Yeah, sure.” Amber nodded quickly. Sulli and Amber watched Krystal’s back as she made her way out of the group of people around them. The shorthaired girl turned to the other beside her and asked, “Do you wanna go get drinks?”

“Yup.” Sulli answered following the other out as she made her way to the kitchen. As they poured themselves some drinks, L and Minho came up to them with Kai and Kyungsoo behind them.

“Where are the twins?” Kai asked pouring himself a drink.

“Krys went to go help Taemin, he’s throwing up in the bathroom.” Sulli answered sipping her drink as she watched Kai hand Kyungsoo one in which Kyungsoo thanked him with a sweet smile.

“Is he okay?” Minho asked with slight concern evident in his voice.

“Yeah, he just drank too much too fast.” Sulli said with a light laugh. “He’ll be fine though.”

“Mmm, I’ll go check on him.” Minho said excusing himself not before exchanging glances with Amber. He smiled at her before leaving. Amber smiled back half-heartedly and watched as he left. Seeing the two’s weird exchange made Sulli raise a brow in question but quickly shook it off remembering that Minho was gay because he went out with Taemin.

‘They broke up though. Wait… is he even really gay? WAIT. Amber and Minho know each other.’ Sulli thought to herself her eyes widening. L sputtered out his drink in laughter when his eyes turned to look at Sulli. The other teens looked at him with weird looks as he wiped his mouth and chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” Kyungsoo asked. Sulli snapped out of her trance and looked over at the boy who’s front was stained with his drink.

“She had this stupid look on her face.” L said pointing at Sulli and laughing.

“What?!” Sulli asked with an angry face at being called stupid.

“Oh god.” L laughed harder. “You looked so shocked but stupid at the same time. Yah, what were you thinking about?”

“N-nothing.” Sulli stuttered out crossing her arms and glaring at the tall boy. “You’re such a jerk.”

“L… stop.” Amber said nudging her brother to stop.

“Okay, sorry. Just thought it was funny.” L said wiping his tears away from laughing so hard. He straightened up and looked up at Sulli who looked anything but amused at his laughing. He coughed an apology out.

“Whatever.” Sulli said rolling her eyes and sitting on one of the kitchen’s countertop stools. Amber moved and sat next to her in the other empty stool.  Sulli looked over to the girl next to her. “Hey Amber, do you and Minho know each other?”

“Oh, uhm, yeah. We went to high school together. I mean we all did.” She answered gesturing towards the three boys in front of them.

“They dated for like three years.” Kyungsoo said butting in with a smirk. Sulli almost fell out of her chair at what he said.

“R-really?” Sulli asked her eyes wide. “Wait… I thought you were… never mind.”

“What?” Amber asked confused at what she was about to say. Sulli just shook her head while busying herself with sipping her drink so that she wouldn’t have to tell the other what she was about to state.

“She thought you liked girls.” L answered knowing full well what Sulli wanted to say.

“Oh… Minho and I did have a past. That was a long time ago.” Amber turned to the other girl with a smile. “I… I’m not sure about myself yet. I’m still in that stage of confusion, I guess. I’m finding myself attracted to girls as of lately. So you aren’t completely wrong about me.”

“You mean girl not girls.” Kai coughed out into his hand trying to be sly but everyone heard clearly. Kyungsoo elbowed him on his side sending him a death glare.

“Girl? Oh! Who?” Sulli asked excitedly but quickly forgot her questions when another thought struck her. “Wait, wait, wait! Did you and Minho break up because you both… you know?”

“What?”

“She doesn’t know.” L said quickly butting into their conversation. He sent Sulli a headshake telling her to stop.

“Doesn’t know what?” Amber asked with a raised brow.

“Wait you know?” Sulli asked L to which he nodded his head yes.

“Know what?!” Amber asked getting frustrated.

“He said he’s not… sure about himself yet so…” L said saying the last part slower and unsurely.

“Can someone tell me what’s going on?” Amber asked again annoyed this time.

“Might as well tell her. I mean since both of them are like you know.” Sulli urged L with her hands. Letting out a frustrated sigh, L turned to look at his little sister.

“Minho and Taemin dated.” It was quiet between the group for a long moment before Kai sputtered out his drink realizing what was just said.

“Taemin’s gay too!?” Kai asked in shock not even caring that the whole conversation was supposed to be focused on Amber and Minho.

“Shhh!” Sulli quickly shushed the boy, throwing a banana at him. “Don’t say it so loud! Krystal doesn’t know about Taemin and he doesn't want her to know yet! Besides he said he’s not sure either...about himself I mean.”

“Wow.” Amber, Kyungsoo and Kai said at the same time. Before the group could further their conversation Minho walked back into the kitchen with a pained Taemin and an annoyed Krystal. An awkward silence fell over the group and everyone busied themselves with pretending to drink quietly.

“Why are you guys so quiet?” Krystal asked raising an eyebrow at everybody. They all just shrugged and avoided one another’s eyes while continuing to sip their drinks. She made her way over to Amber’s other side before sitting down on an empty stool. “Okay…”

“Uh, how’re you doing Taemin?” Kai asked changing the subject and breaking the awkwardness. Taemin grunted and rubbed his stomach showing his discomfort. Minho walked back to him and handed him a glass of ginger ale.

“This should help your stomach for a bit.” Minho said setting the glass in front of him.

“Thanks.” Taemin hummed before drinking down the glass. Another awkward silence fell upon the teens, as no one wanted to talk first. Amber felt another wave of nervousness wash over her knowing that Krystal was barely a foot away from her. She felt the heat emitting from the other’s body making her body heat up as well. Her eyes wondered everywhere around the kitchen admiring at the vintage decorations as a way to distract her mind away from Krystal.

“Is that a 1930s Rolleiflex TLR?” She asked Minho pointing at one of the top cabinets where sets of old vintage cameras were displayed neatly. Everyone’s eyes darted towards the direction she pointed at while Minho walked over to it, grabbing the camera from the bunch.

“That reminds me.” Minho said quietly walking back to the group with the camera in hand. He extended his hand out and gave the camera to Amber. “Y-your dad told me that you’ve been looking for one to put into your collection. This is actually one of my dads but he said you could have it after I told him. I was going to give it to you on your birthday but since you’re here already, happy early birthday.”

“Really?” Amber asked raising a brow. Minho just nodded. “Uhm, thanks Minho.”

“You collect cameras?” Krystal piped up after watching the exchange. She completely put the thought of them knowing each other to the side as she tilted her head watching Amber’s face light up as she fiddled with the old camera.

“Yeah, I’ve been collecting cameras since I was thirteen.” Amber said with a smile turning to look at the other girl.

“Wah, that’s so cool. How many do you have?” Sulli asked admiring the new found fact about Amber.

“About eighty cameras.” Amber answered nonchalantly. Sulli’s mouth dropped open at her answer. “It’s a crazy idea but I plan on collecting every camera type that’s been invented.”

“That’s so cool.” Sulli awed at Amber’s statement.

“You guys know each other?” Taemin asked interrupting after taking a moment to realize that Minho knew when Amber’s birthday was. Everyone turned to the boy sitting quietly in the stool across from Amber. Krystal turned to face Minho when he cleared his throat. She was happy to say the least that Taemin had brought up the question because she was curious as well but didn't have the courage to ask.

“Y-yeah. Amber, L, Kai, Kyungsoo and I… we all went to the same high school.” Minho answered his voice wavering a bit. He tried to clear his throat a few times to stop his stuttering.

“Small world.” Krystal said looking towards Amber again who had her head down looking at her new camera. The longhaired girl noticed the slight blush forming on the others cheeks just like from earlier. A few seconds after she spoke a loud crash and scream rang through the large house. The music stopped and the whole house became quiet. The eight teenagers looked towards the living where people were backed away from the large window that was now shattered.

“What the fu-” Minho mumbled quickly running towards the area. Shattered pieces of glass were scattered on the floor. On the other side of the window Minho could see a car with six blonde boys inside laughing and sticking up their middle fingers at him.

“Who are they?” Taemin asked standing next to Minho. Sulli, Krystal, Amber, L, Kai and Kyungsoo stepped up as well looking towards the car outside.

“Is that Bang and his so called 'crew'?” L asked scoffing. He could barely see the people but he did see the driver clearly.

“Yeah.” Minho answered with anger evident in his voice. “I swear he’s asking for it.”

“Who’s Bang?”

 


 

Hello, sorry for taking forever to update! But we promise to try to update on weekends and sometimes on weekdays. Yes, Minho and Amber (in this fic) were once a couple and now he is in the Air Force alongside his strict father. He’s also another important character, so keep him in mind! Until the next chapter guys ^^

Enjoy and make sure to comment! We like hearing from you guys ^^ And of course Happy Birthday to Princess Krystal :D