CH3: Dorm-Mates

MISFITS: 사랑한다면 이들처럼

 

14 Years Later

“Are you three sure you want to live in dorms? I mean your school isn’t that far from here, you guys could just drive back and forth from here to there.” A man in a suit told the three teenagers seated at the dinner table. Two other males also wearing suits sat across from the three and laughed lightly when the three teens nodded their heads.

“You know it’ll be hard living away from home where we can’t watch over you guys.” One of the men interjected cutting a slice of his meat and putting it in his mouth. “And think of all the people that’ll bombard you since you are the children of Rain Bi.”

“Listen to Uncle Daniel, he knows what he’s talking about. He tried going to SNU of Arts too but had to leave dorms because of his crazy fan girls.” The other suited man said laughing while pointing his fork at his brother beside him.

“Yeah… there were some psycho girls that broke into my dorm and stole all my clothes, even my underwear.” Daniel said remembering the horrifying experience he had to deal with. “God, that was horrible.”

The six people seated around the table burst out in fits of laughter imagining the scenario in their heads.

“That .” The second oldest child said after the laughter died. “I don’t want people stealing my underwear.”

“That’s why you three should just live at home.” The father said looking at his children with begging eyes.

“Dad, we already talked about this… we want to experience a normal college life.” The oldest teen said with a deep sigh. “We don’t want people thinking we’re too special to stay at the school. We don’t want them thinking we’re above all of them.”

“Yeah!” Exclaimed the youngest and only girl sibling. “It was embarrassing enough in high school when the teachers would give us special treatment because they knew we were your kids.”

“Yeah… it was really embarrassing dad.” Rain sighed as he heard each child’s reason. The two other men just continued to laugh.

“Maybe we should just let them Rain. I mean what’s the harm in it? If anything happens we won’t be far and we can hire some guards to attend the school and watch over them.” Daniel turned to his little brother. “Right, Denny?”

“Yeah, let’s just let them enjoy their semi-adult lives. They are legal now anyway.” Dennis stated looking towards the father of the children. “Come on, Rainy.”

“Fine.” Rain said sighing loudly as the three teenagers high fived each other under the table in victory. “Only under the condition that we have guards watch over you guys and that you come back home every other weekend and breaks.”

“Deal!” The three teens agreed quickly. Rain smiled at his children feeling his chest fill with happiness at their overjoyed faces.

 

☰✖

 

“Mom, do we have to live in dorm? I mean what’s the point, we live like literally not even twenty minutes away.” A young teenage girl complained to her mother as she flopped into her mother’s office couch.

“Imagine all the gross guys that I might have to share a dorm with mom. Unorganized and nauseating. I can’t deal with that.” The young teenage boy next to the girl added with a disgusted face.

“I think it will be good for the two of you. You both need to learn to be normal teenagers and less prissy, especially you Taemin.” The mother told the two teenagers as she organized the paper work on her desk. “And beside it’ll be a great experience, you know, meeting new people and what not.”

“But mom-” The two started to whine.

“No. Discussion over. I don’t want to hear it.” The mother interrupted walking towards the two. She bent down and kissed each child’s head before heading for the door. “I have a meeting in five minutes, I suggest you two start packing and buying things for your dorm today. We’ll talk later at home, okay? Love you.”

“Love you too.” The two mumbled once the door shut closed.

“What are we going to do?” Taemin whined crossing his arms as he looked over to his twin sister. The younger girl stared at the wall across her in deep thought. After a few silent seconds, she let out a dry cry.

“I don’t know!” She flopped onto her side and buried her face into the big fluffy couch cushion. She let out a muffled scream into the pillow.

“This …” The boy said pouting. “And I am not a prissy…”

“You kinda are-“ Krystal mumbled sitting up once again. Taemin threw a glare at his twin sister and the younger girl just shrugged her shoulders before adding, “just a little though.”

 

☰✖

 

“At least you two have each other. I’m going to be rooming with two random disgusting erted boys.” Taemin complained to his two best friends as the three walked through the large school campus. The two girls giggled and walked with linked arms beside the boy who rubbed the back of his head in frustration.

“Aw, don’t worry Taeminie. I’m sure your roommates will be nice and maybe even cute.” Sulli said winking to the boy beside her. Taemin glared at her and elbowed her side glancing quickly to his sister hoping she didn’t hear. Sulli’s eyes widened when she realized what she did and turned to her best friend and blew out a sigh when the other was looking around with furrowed brows not paying any mind to them.

“Oh, there!” Krystal said pointing towards the building that had the world ‘Auditorium’ at the top. Krystal walked ahead of the two into the building. “Come on, orientation is in there.”

“Sorry, Tae.” Sulli whispered to the boy who just shook his head at the other girl.

“It’s fine… just be careful next time please?” He pleaded to which Sulli complied with a nod. The two quickly followed Krystal into the building where hundreds of other students started to file into. They quickly scanned the room and found Krystal already seated with two empty seats on either side of her knowing the girl was saving it for them they sat down next to her.

“Please, settle down.” The President and Dean of the University spoke through the microphone on stage. Students quickly settled into their seats and became silent waiting for the man with spiky hair to speak. “Hello and welcome to Seoul National University of Arts. I am President Park JinYoung, I am in control of the whole University. I am here to help you enjoy your time here, if you ever have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. I welcome each and every single one of you into the wonderful-“

“Ugh, this is going to take forever… this guys speaks so slow.” Sulli grumbled as the old man started his speech. She looked around the room and saw some familiar faces along with new ones. As she continued to scan the room, her eyes landed on a specific boy who had his headphones on and cellphone out. “Well, that’s disrespectful.”

“What is?” Krystal wondered looking towards the area Sulli was looking at.

“That guy over there with his headphones on and phone out, he’s not even paying attention. I mean sure the old guy’s boring but like-” Sulli started to rant but Krystal quickly cut in.

“Is that a guy or a girl?” Krystal asked staring at the person beside the guy Sulli was ranting about.

“Obviously a guy Krys-“

“Not him, the person beside him.” She said pointing to the other individual next to him laughing with another guy. Sulli tilted her head looking intently at the person next to the disrespectful guy. “The one laughing.”

“I think that’s a girl, I see s.” Sulli whispered squinting her eyes at the person and looking closely at their chest. “Yup, small but they’re there. Face is feminine too.”

“Yah, s. What’re you two talking about?” Taemin scolded hearing the two girls conversation. Krystal and Sulli just shooed him with their hands.

“Hmm, cute.” Krystal smirked looking one last time at the girl who was smiling brightly and lightly chuckling before turning her attention back to the front of the room. Taemin, curious, looked over to the people Krystal and Sulli were talking about and just as he looked, the boy laughing with the short haired girl turned and made eye contact with him. He quickly straightened and turned away blushing madly.

“And this year to welcome all freshman we have three special guests. Please help me welcome in the CEO of Rain Entertainment, Rain Bi and his partners Daniel Henney and Dennis Oh.” President Park JinYoung said excitedly while clapping his hands. Not long after loud girl screams and applauses ran through the auditorium. Three tall males all dressed in suits walked up to the stadium and started to greet the audience.

“Hello, freshman of SNU of Arts.” Rain said smiling and waving at the screaming teens. Daniel and Dennis bowed and greeted them as well.

“No, you’ve got to be kidding me…”

“Oh my god.”

“Why…”

Three teenagers in the crowd of students had wide set eyes as they looked towards the stage. They froze in their seats surrounded by cheering teens. Slowly the three started sinking in their seats and covering their faces with their jackets as their father started talking.

“Today is the start of all of your futures.” Rain started his speech as he searched through the crowd for his children. He smirked when he saw all three of them sunken into theirs seats hiding behind their jackets and glaring at him. Daniel and Dennis covered their mouths as they tried to stop laughing when they spotted the three teens. “I would especially like to congratulate my three children who will be joining such a great set of students these coming years.”

“His kids are here?”

“Oh my gosh, is his son Eru here?”

“That means Kai is here somewhere. Ah!”

“Amber Bi is here. This is the best thing ever. I am going to faint, someone please call an ambulance.”

Students and teachers started looking around the large room trying to spot for Rain Bi’s glorious children. Girls and some guys started squealing in joy when they finally spotted them. Feeling extremely embarrassed, the oldest sibling grabbed Amber and Kai’s hands dragging them away from the screaming crowds.

“Amber, Kai, L! Do good in school! We love you!” Daniel and Dennis screamed through the microphone in unison as they tried to hold in their laughter. The three teenagers ignored their uncles and continued to walk out of the auditorium faster with their cheeks burning in humiliation.

“So rude boy is the son of Rain. Wow, did not see that coming.” Sulli said surprised. Krystal and Taemin stayed silent as they watched the three siblings escape out of the auditorium.

 

☰✖

 

“What building is your dorm in Tae?” Krystal asked looking over to her twin brother as he read through his student file.

“Shadow International Building.” Taemin read out. “Great… I’ll probably be with foreigners.”

“We got Shadow International Building too!” Sulli quickly grabbed Taemin’s file and read around to find his floor and room number. “Cool, you’re a floor under us. You can come to our room whenever you feel uncomfortable with your roommates, if it’ll get you to stop whining all the time.”

“No way, really?” Taemin asked in disbelief before grabbing his sister’s student file and seeing the truth. “Oh my- thank you God. At least now I know that I have you guys close by.”

“That doesn’t mean you can come all the time though.” Krystal remarked swiftly grabbing her file back not forgetting to send her brother a warning glare. “Go meet your roommates so Sulli and I can meet ours.”

“Fine, fine.” Taemin said rolling his eyes before walking ahead of the girls. “I’ll see you guys later.”

“Later doofus.” Krystal said bidding her twin goodbye. She then turned to Sulli who was still focused on her student file. “Let’s go see who we’re going to be sharing the dorm with.”

“Okay.” Sulli agreed following the other girl. “Do you think we’ll get like a true American or maybe European?”

“Probably American.” Krystal casually stated.

“Good cause if I had to learn some European language to speak to this girl, I think I’ll go crazy.” Sulli said blowing out a sigh of relief. “I wonder who it is though.”

“Me too.” Krystal mumbled swiping her student ID card into the door of their dorm.

“Wouldn’t it be crazy if we got Rain Bi’s daughter as a roommate? Like what’re the chances of that ever happening-” Sulli laughed while walking in but quickly shut when she saw their new dorm mate standing in the middle of the living room. Her eyes widened in shock and she froze in place staring at the other person who was awkwardly rubbing the back of their neck.

“A very high chance, I guess.” The person answered smiling at the frozen girl. The shorthaired girl bowed then started to introduce herself, “I’m Amber Bi. I’m guessing we’ll all be dorm mates, yeah?”

“U-uh… yeah!” Sulli stuttered out trying to get out of her frozen state. Krystal on the other hand was more amused than shocked. “I’m Sulli Choi and this is Krystal Jung!”

“Hi.” Amber awkwardly greeted the other girl.

“Hey.” Krystal replied back with a sly smile. “Did you pick your room yet?”

“Uh no not yet, I was going to wait until you two picked. And since you two are here now, go ahead. I’ll just get the room neither of you want. I gotta meet my dad and uncles right now. It was nice meeting you guys.” Amber said walking backwards towards the door.

“Yeah, nice meeting you too.” Krystal said slightly raising an eyebrow with a small smile as she watched the shorthaired girl awkwardly exit the room. Amber bowed slightly and bumped her back on the door before she stepped out clumsily. “Who’d of thought she’d be a cute clumsy dork in person.”

“Really, Krystal? Really? School hasn’t even officially started yet.” Sulli stated with a raised brow giving Krystal a skeptical look.

“So? Which room are you taking?” Krystal asked changing the subject.

“The one next to the bathroom.” Sulli said looking down the hallway of the dorm room. There were four doors, two on each side. It was spacious but that was one of the perks of going to an expensive school. “This place looks more like an apartment than a dorm.”

“Yeah it does. I guess I’ll be next door to Amber’s room then.” Krystal said looking between her room and the room next to it.

“This should be interesting, you know with the whole Amber being Rain Bi’s daughter and you being Nana Jung’s daughter. Only difference here is no one knows about you and Taemin at this school yet.” Sulli said as she tapped her chin with a playful smirk making its way onto her face.

 

☰✖

 

“Hi, I’m Eru Bi, but I prefer just L instead of Eru. Unless you’re like a true Asian or something and can’t say L then Eru is fine too.” A tall boy said introducing himself in a monotone voice as Taemin walked into the dorm room. Taemin jumped back surprised by the deep voice but bowed lightly upon seeing whom he was in front of.

“I’m Taemin Jung.” Taemin told the taller boy. “I can say L, I’m not that Asian. My middle name is Lucas so yeah…”

“Great.” L said smirking at the smaller boy and then ruffling his hair. L then proceeded to walk into kitchen where another boy was intently staring at the back of Taemin’s head while sipping a water bottle.

“Oh! I know where I’ve seen you before!” He yelled surprising Taemin. Turning around Taemin saw the guy that he made eye contact with earlier in the auditorium. “You’re the son of Nana Jung! I’ve seen you in a magazine before, Vogue, I think! There was an article on Nana Jung and there was a family portrait with you and your twin sister. I knew I saw you somewhere before when I saw you in the auditorium.”

“Uh y-yeah…” Taemin said timidly.

“I’m Kai Bi by the way.” Kai said sticking his right hand out for a handshake, which Taemin took awkwardly. “Nice to meet you roomy.”

“Yeah, nice to meet you guys too.” Taemin said shyly smiling at the two.

“I hope you don’t mind but we already picked our rooms…” Kai said with a hesitant face. “We couldn’t wait cause we have to meet our dad like right now, he’s waiting outside with our uncles.”

“No, it’s fine.” Taemin said with a straight face. Deep down however he was slightly angry, he wanted to pick his room to check the space and area so that it would fit his liking.

“We gotta go, see you later Taemin.” L said ruffling Taemin’s hair again before walking out the door with Kai. Once Taemin was alone in the room he quickly went to the bathroom and fixed his hair. He hated it when people would mess with his hair and it took all of his strength to not punch L square in the face.

“It’s one thing to not let me pick my room but it’s another to mess with my hair.” Taemin grumbled to himself as he looked at the mirror while he fixed his hair. He continued to fiddle with the strands of his hair and grumble to himself until several loud knocks rang through his dorm. Grumpily he marched to the front door while still touching his hair.

“What?” He asked impatiently when he saw his two best friends at the other side of the door.

“Woah mister grumpy pants, what got you?” Sulli asked sarcastically pushing him aside and walking into his dorm. “The place looks exactly like ours.”

“Well duh Sulli. All the dorms have to look the same.” Taemin said rolling his eyes.

“What’s with you?” Krystal asked laughing before sitting down on the couch in the living room.

“The Bi is what’s with me.” Taemin mumbled.

“Rain? It wasn't raining earlier or was it?” Sulli asked confused.

“No you dummy, Rain Bi’s sons.” Taemin said in an irritated tone while crossing his arms over his chest.

“Woah, no way. You’re rooming with his kids too?” Sulli asked shocked. “What’re the odds in that… Ah, maybe some destiny thing is going on here like in those movies!”

“You guys are rooming with the daughter?” Taemin asked with a raised eyebrow. Krystal nodded her head. “Woah.”

“Telling you, the faiths are pulling at our strings! Something’s bound to happen here with them and us. I can feel it in my skin.” Sulli said with a thoughtful expression before shivering at her own thoughts. “Wow, that would be creepy if I was right though. It’s kinda funny Tae, you look like one of the sons. I think Kai, yeah that one.”

“I think you’ve been watching too many dramas, Ssul. It’s getting to your head.” Krystal mumbled getting up from her seat. She grabbed both Sulli and her brother by their arms and dragged them out of the dorm. “Come on weirdos, I’m hungry.”

“I don’t look like him.” Taemin said sending a glare towards Sulli as Krystal continued to drag the two. “I’m prettier.”

“Yeah… okay.”

 


 

 

Comment and Subscribe if you're liking it so far ^^ Thanks for reading!

We'll post chapter four by tomorrow and introduce another important character!

So stay tuned ^^