You’re too kind to me…

Vacant of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*****

‘Sometime it hard to tell the truth, and that just make you create another lie…’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yunho rushed to the entrance of his office building as the downpours outside getting heavier. He just trekking in the rain from outside parking area to get into his office building as he didn’t park his car on the basement floor when he was in rush.

“Sir, are you going back to your office?” Tiffany spoke in a surprise tone of her as seen her employer which just finished one of his meeting that day walked back into that building even the office hour already end.

“Yes. I forgot to take my apartment key.” Yunho said.

“But…I already locked your office room.” She’d predict the man would straightly go home after finishes his last agenda that day. But seemed she went wrong with her assumption.

“I’ve the spare key isn’t it?” Yunho said even felt odd for his secretary to question that. Of course he is the owner; surely he got his own key for his office.

“Oh, then… err..I…I’ll head back now.”

“Yes, sure.” Yunho said and Tiffany gave him a slight bow before heading out in rush. Then Yunho just get into elevator to the right floor. He entered his office room and took his apartment key that he had left in his drawer. When he was about to heading out back, he spotted one of the computer on the last cubicle was still on, and that Jaejoong’s place.

“He’s still here?” Yunho wondered his eyes searching for the other face around, but had no one. Then he spot Jaejoong’s bag that still on his table. Suddenly he had been surged by the uneasiness of the fact that the man seems prone to encounter with trouble each time he was alone. Just remembered the last incident Jaejoong had been into when he was being left alone in office, just enough to make Yunho’s heart invaded by worry.

Yunho was about to grabs his phone but then he stopped as still calculated in his mind whether or not he calls the other person. It seems two weeks he and Jaejoong rarely spoke after the incident in Jeju Island which he had put it as the history day in his life where that day had totally pulled him out from his dismay life. Also these two weeks he’d been wind up by the feeling of guilty and disturb, even by seeing that angelic face of Jaejoong, just able to turn him being restless. The occurrence of two nights they’d spend together in that island had frequently barge in his mind if he was alone impromptu. How could he forget that plum lips of the other which he’d carelessly claimed, that delicate hand of Jaejoong that brush off his dismay tears, those doe-like eyes that warmly gazed on his in shimmering night, also the scent of that raven hair of Jaejoong which able to send him a strange tranquil feeling when he had the smaller man in his arms. All of those pictures of the other keep disturbed him for these two weeks. And that uncertain feeling had brought him to get a strong feeling that he needs to make some move to bring the person name’s Kim Jaejoong being more close to him. But the sad is, he doesn’t even know how.

To be worst, he also realized that Jaejoong was intently avoided him for these few weeks. The man would only spoke to him if there have any important matter related to work. Other than that, the man would avoid from run on him even in lunch hour, the smaller man would excused himself early from joining his other members for their usual routine of having lunch at usual place, as the man knew he was also with them.  So usually Jaejoong would gave an excuse that he already brought lunch box, which he knew the other was lie just so he could avoid from bumps or facing him.

“Aish! Kim Jaejoong…how could you drive me crazy like this.” Yunho heave sighs as finally he’d push away his hesitant feeling to make his call and rugged the caller list; searched the name of the person that had disturbs his day and night, as the person even interfere his sleep for these few weeks.

Yunho fidget as he heard the caller ringtone of someone broke the hush atmosphere in that office floor as he made his call. And no doubt it came from Jaejoong’s bag.

“How could he just going back with leaving his bag and phone here?” Yunho mumbled to no one in particular; started to became more curious. Then he ended his call and certainly the phone ringtone also stopped right away. He checked Jaejoong’s phone and there got fifteen miscalls written on the screen; all were Junsu’s and one miscall from him.

‘There’s no way he could forget such an important thing like this when he heading back.’ Yunho thought.

‘Unless… he’s still here?’

………………..

Jaejoong sat on the cold floor with brought his knees against his chest in shivered. He already soaking in the rain with only held his coat over his head to shield himself from the heavy downpours. That what he got when he was in the open floor of rooftop and happen to be raining after almost two hour he’d been locked up there. He already screams out of his lungs for somebody opens the door, but seemed futile effort as nobody heard him. His throat already hurt, his body felt freeze cold and now weak in soaking cloth. Being alone at that moment just made him thought if this kind of punishment for him to come up with a grudge on someone that was faultless from the first.

“Youngwoong-ah, if this really a punishment for me for planning to ruin the one you loved, I think…it still not enough, right?” Jaejoong whispered in a weak voice. Slowly, his head was getting heavier. All of his mess about the guilty he had feels, the unrequited love, also the feeling of being hurt by his own mother, all just keep bugging him these days had load on his head at once.

“If I have a chance to turn back the time…I wouldn’t decide to come back here...” He mumbled again with his lips that already look bloodless in pale. The he held his head that suddenly felt in prickled pain, dropped his suit coat that shielding him before, he crumpled on the cold floor as he felt his head was been surged by  sudden ache and ignore his body that was getting freeze.

“I…I’m sorry Youngwoong-ah…” He able to said in weak-whispered voice. “I thought…I’ll protect you, but instead I just being a bad and stupid brother…..for hurting the one you loved.” This time he said in teary eyes.

“And the worst part is…I come to love him…and I can’t take back this feeling off from him.” Tears found its way on his pale face, mixed with the dropped rain. His eyes demanded to close this time as he couldn’t held the pain any longer, mostly his heart that felt the agony pain of the fact he was being betrayed by his own mother that he thought she was changed, instead it was fake and he just being fooled. As his eyes nearly being closed, he saw a shimmering figure was closely came and stood like shielding him. He tried to look up with a blurry sight of him even still held his pain on his head, he able to see the person’s face. He saw himself was staring on his crumpled condition, even the face same, but that one was paler than him, yet smile warmly at him and that moment he realized it was…..his twin little brother.

“Y…youngwoong…” Jaejoong eyes still blurry but he had a strong feeling the shimmering figure was his dead little brother that he had been longing for, which he haven’t his chance to meet after their long separation since childhood. Jaejoong still could seen the other approached closer and seems more real as he could felt a cold finger run on his face, wipe off his tears. Jaejoong tried to reach out for the person, wanted to assure what he had saw and felt is real or only his hallucination. And then, the person stood up and muttered an audible word;

‘It’s not your fault…’ that Jaejoong still could read from that motion lips. For another time, he felt a bit heal from his longing feeling toward his late brother. Then, the figure was slowly turns to fade away in vaguely shade.

“No…please don’t go..!” Jaejoong hand tried to reach out the silhouette to refrain it from disappeared. But it just futile when he wasn’t even able to stood up properly.

‘This is the beginning…’ With that last word muttered, the silhouette was getting away and that moment, a loud bang on the door like someone kept kicking it intrude the hush of the night beside the sounds of heavy downpours patter on the floor. The door abruptly opened and the sudden light from the inside had shooting out, emitting throughout the dark floor of rooftop. Jaejoong could heard a rushed steps of a man came closer and approached him as replacing the ious shimmering silhouette that just disappeared before.

“Jaejoong! Are you okay?” The manly voice sounds in worried approached his hearing. With still in blurry sighs by the rains and tears mixed in his eyes, Jaejoong looked up to the man. He was still in crumpled condition in freezing cold.  Even in half-lidded eyes and felt hurt as the rains kept hitting in, he still could figure who was the person is. There, a worry face of Yunho was staring back to him, also have two security guard a few feet away waiting on the widely opened door. Only god knows how he felt bad as that moment he had been surge by the feeling of relief again by the man present which he thought, he should not felt that way.

‘Why should you appear every time…I really need someone near me.’ Jaeoong just silence in weak, couldn’t able to voice out anymore, only his mind could be function at the moment.

Yunho who sense it wasn’t a proper time to questioning the other, had abruptly pulled the smaller man up. He also his coat as he wrapped it around the soaking body of Jaejoong and then scooped up the fragile latter into his arms and walked faster from that open floor to the shelter area. Jaejoong which no energy to stand up by himself, just let the man carried him and his head laid against the broader chest of Yunho while eyes closed, even he wanted to asked the man how he could find him there. But for now, he really needs to close his eyes to obliterate his heavy head that started to get worst. With half-conscious condition, he just let himself being lead by the other man.

…………………………………………..

 “W-why…we’re here?” Finally Jaejoong voiced out in weak after he awakened by the sudden stops of Yunho’s car and realized where the other had brought him to. Yunho had pulled his car parked in front of the hospital entrance door.

“You need some checkup.” The man compendious said.

“It’s really not necessary. I’m not sick.”

“It’s necessary. You’d catch a cold.”

“I just feel okay…it’s only headache, really.”

Yunho was silent a moment before he heaves sighed and word out his main curiosity this time. “How you being locked up on the rooftop?”

“Huh?” Jaejoong frowned as he also dumbfounded who did locking him before. “I… don’t know.”

“How you’re end up been there then?” Yunho question this time just made him snapped and realized what the reason brought him being up there.

‘Could she be the one…that did this?’ Jaejoong mind drift to Yunho’s secretary face that told him the other man wants to meet him up there before. Then he just shook his head as doesn’t want to just blurt out someone name if he was not sure about it.

“Just send me home…I bet my cousin will be worry now.” Jaejoong decided to hang the topic.

“Not before you see the doctor.” Yunho cut off as tired with Jaejoong that refusing to answer him.

“I really don’t need to.”

With that word of objection again from the other, Yunho absentmindedly cupped Jaejoong’s face, eyes were in intense gaze examined the other face that was in pale. Jaejoong could felt his headache a bit lighten as the other man warmth hand against him. Heart got invaded by an instant feeling of warm inside.

“Don’t be stubborn. Just look how pale your face. You already get bad fever.” Yunho said as he could feels the other hot temperatur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter