I'm So Sorry

The Stalker

Yonghwa's POV

Seohyun led me by hand into her house.

"Daddy?" Seohyun poked her head in her father's office.

Seohyun's father was a doctor.

"What?" He said, looking closely at the X-Ray he was holding.

"I have someone I want you to meet." 

Dr. Seo glanced up from the papers and glanced at me. I tried standing up straighter.

"I told you not to bring boys home unless you're marrying them."

Seohyun's face flushed and she protested, "It's different. Daddy, this is... Yonghwa."

"So?"

"It's Jung Yonghwa."

Dr. Seo stood up abruptly and studied my face.

"Oh... well... of course... yes... Seohyun, can I talk to you for a second?"

Dr. Seo nervously led Seohyun out of the room. After couple minutes of arguing, they came back in.

"Ah, hello, Yonghwa." Dr. Seo tried to sound as normal as possible. "Why don't you have a sit?"

I sat down and glanced around awkwardly. Seohyun sat down in a chair next to me.

"Uh... Hyun? I think it's better if you're outside for this." Dr. Seo looked at Seohyun.

Oh no, I thought. He's going to be on my case for hanging around his daughter. That's why he's sending her out.

Seohyun immediately seemed to understood.

"Yes, Daddy," Seohyun bowed and left the room.

I resisted the urge to call her back.

Dr. Seo cleared his throat. "So.. um.. Yonghwa, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you."

"... Yes. So.. do you have any idea why Seohyun brought you here?"

"No, sir." 

Dr. Seo sighed. "There's no easy way to say this to you."

He stood up and started searching through his file cabinets. Finally, he found what he was looking for.

"A picture's worth a thousand words," Dr. Seo said, sighing as he gave the picture to me.

"I... I don't understand," I said, when I saw what picture it was.

A bloody faced girl as a doctor put cloth over her, a sign of death.

"What does this have to do with me?"

"Don't you... recognize the girl?"

I froze as I looked closer at the picture. The picture dropped at my feet.

I started sobbing. 

"Junhee!" I started screaming, and lost control over myself. 

Seohyun barged into the room with her mom.

"What's going on?" Mrs. Seo screamed. 

"Yonghwa, stop!" Seohyun sobbed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything."

"Yonghwa?" Mrs. Seo, startled, studied my face, but I didn't care.

"Yonghwa, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I swear." 

I paused. "I didn't mean to what?" I asked.

"Huh? Aren't you going on about how-"

"Hyun." Dr. Seo's voice was commanding. "Get out. I didn't tell him."

Seohyun paused. Tears streaming down her face, she walked out with her mom.

Dr. Seo sighed and sat down. Slowly, he began talking.

"Two years ago, I was a doctor at the hospital you were in."

Slowly, Yonghwa recognized him. The doctor who scribble Junhee a note with a smile. The doctor that looked at him and told him Junhee had a car accident.

"You..."

"I was in charge of your girlfriend. The driver that hit her ran in here and screamed frantically for help, so we were fortunate enough to get to her quickly. She was in a coma for awhile, and I was sure she was going to live. Then it happened. Quickly, when she was unconscious. Seemingly painlessly, if it makes you feel better. And she was gone." 

Yonghwa stared at him. Finally, he spoke.

"What does this have to do with Seohyun?"

The doctor swallowed nervously. "Ah, yes. That part. There's one more thing you should know."

Yonghwa waited patiently.

"It was Seohyun."

I sat there, not understanding. "Huh?"

Dr. Seo stood up, smiling with a sense of bitterness.

"She was so excited that day, she got her license. She freaked out for some reason and..."

I thought hard about what Seohyun screamed.

"I'm so sorry."

Dr. Seo glanced sorrowfully at me, who was beginning to understand.

"No. Don't tell me it's true." I swallowed a lump in my throat.

Dr. Seo shook his head.

"I'm sorry Yonghwa, but Seohyun was the driver that frantically ran in that day, screaming that she hit a girl."


2 years ago

16 year old Seohyun squealed with delight as she drove in her new car.

This was her first time driving ever since she got her license. She was driving to her father's hospital.

She slowly turned a corner to the street of her father's hospital. Suddenly, she heard a honk.

"Hey lady, get out of the car!" He screamed, and he sounded mad.

Seohyun turned back to look at the car behind her.

She slowly pushed down on the brake.

Or what she thought was a brake.

The car suddenly jerked forward.

Thud.

Seohyun screamed. 

She was covering her eyes with her hands, and she slowly peeked out.

She leaned over to get a closer look at the object.

Brown hair, fair white skin that was now coated with blood.

A face of a beautiful girl with a necklace tightly grasped around her hand.

A face that still had a trace of her last smile from when she said her last goodbye to her boyfriend.

A face that now had a name.

Junhee.


I'm sorry.

I don't know how else to say it.

I'm so so sorry.


A/N: Dun dun dun. How will this affect Yonghwa? What will his reaction be???? I'll try to update soon, comment what you thought about the chapter!!