New home

My Beautiful Hangover

    I put the strap over my ankles. I slap on some powder on my bare face, grab my Longchamp tote and a bulky luggage. Elvin began locking the window grills and stood by the corridor with his bags. The morning was young and the car still have not arrived.

   "Can you put away the potted cactus?" I hollered at Elvin from the porch. "Put them in the kitchen sink...don't water them."

  "Sure..." a voice said. I froze. Slowly, my eyes lifted to meet eyes with someone familiar.

  "Daesung!" I exclaimed, my mouth agape. How did he know? No...he will be driving me there? He carried the potted cactus and threw me an impish grin, which made me laugh a little.

  He made a waving gesture. "Wow, you're really dressed up. Sorry-  I look sloppy in the morning."

 "No! You're fine! I'm used to dressing up...I guess its my culture to be this way." I said.

  He raised an eyebrow and chortled. "Culture? You're amusing!"

  I could feel heat creeping up my face but something on the periphery of my vision disturbs me. I glanced to the left where I do laundry and saw a tall man peering over the poles, and looking at the washing machine. He met my gaze, and now I only feel annoyed.

  "No way. You're late like hell, and anyway, there's nothing to clean up here," T.O.P grimaced, and zipped up his baseball jacket in the cold. He nudged a pail with his foot. "Ugh...what's this?"

  I glared at him. "Put your foot down, Mister."

 T.O.P met eyes with me, and somehow, his handsome demeanour made my heart shake a little. "Hey! Don't be such a frigid women! I didn't come here because I want to- its because Daesung's drving my car! Too bad we can't use a car that belongs to the company!"

 I fumed and opened my mouth to fight back, but Daesung put a hand on my arms. "Don't feel angry. It was a coincidence his car returned from the workshop and mine has to be sent for maintanence- and the rest drove their car back to their houses. So-he's the only choice."

  Elvin came running to the front, and his eyes went wide. "OH SHOOT."

  "Who's that? Your boyfriend?" T.O.P snorted. "What a female cougar."

   Elvin could not express himself. He stoned and stared after the two like they were a pair of historical monument, only bettter. "T.O.P! You're the coolest man I've ever known! Bro you rock!!!"

   I rolled my eyes. "Oh yeah, Elvin's my boyfriend and he's eighteen. You happy now, mofo?"