Misunderstanding

Status

a/N: Sorry for the short chapter.. it was a bit lame I know. Let me make up it up to you with this update ^^

---

He wasn’t really needed there but Sunggyu had found it second nature to man the register and make a few drinks himself. Each day, the Lee’s would drop by and Woohyun would check up on his master.

‘I’m fine Woohyun. I am not sick and am eating on time.” Sunggyu would dismiss him and the secretary would pout at him before returning to the Lee’s with coffee at hand.

Taemin was overjoyed working with the Kim’s and that came as a surprise to Sungjong. True that Taemin was right to have the revisions done in two days so the rest of the week, he was helping out Key and Sungjong with the presentation and question and answer. They had those magical moments and Key would just roll his eyes as Sungjong tried his best to make the burning on his cheeks dissipate.

‘You’re really cute!” Taemin blurted out and Sungjong spaced out. Taemin giggled while Key rolled his eyes.

“He’s distracting you. Madam Lee was thought to be quite fond of cute stuff am I right Taemin?” Key asked and Taemin nodded.

“Madam would say random words all of the sudden if she finds the person to her liking. Take it as a good omen and thank her politely. She wants to be flattered and be treated to coffee or tea after. She’s a really good mother but a devil in business.” Taemin enumerated and motioned for Sungjong to restart the presentation.

By the end of the week, the Kim’s and Lee’s met again, this time their parents were there to witness the presentation. The presentation was well researched and Jaemi was giving Taemin a bright smile. It was going smoothly until Mrs. Lee’s sangtae kicked in.

“You are a very pretty boy! Are you sure that you’re a boy? Because I would love Jaemi to marry you.” Mrs. Lee said and both Jaemi and Jeongmin shouted at her. “Ma!”

“I am just curious okay, he’s a lovely child but I guess you like Jeongmin more? “ She asked and Sungjong’s mind blanked for a moment.

“Madam, Sungjong-nim will gladly discuss these details over coffee later, if we could continue?” Taemin said and Mrs. Lee smiled at the boy and nodded. Sungjong mouthed his thanks and Taemin gave him a blinding bright smile.

The presentation went on with a few more Sangtae from Mrs. Lee but that did not deter the Kim’s from their presentation.

“Brilliant. I guess all we need now are the terms of the contract and the arrange marriage. I’m sure Jinki would adore Sunggyu.” Mr. Lee said as he shook hands with Mr. Kim.

“Splendid idea, how about dinner at Bambino?” Mr. Kim invited them and the Lee’s nodded in agreement.

Sunggyu gulped as he stepped inside the restaurant. He saw the place was obviously prepared for this occasion. Seated inside the private room, Sunggyu noticed how the room was spotless. Henry and Onew came to serve the appetizers and Mrs. Lee eyed the two waiters.

“Brothers by any chance?” She asked and Henry gave her a warm smile.

‘Not by blood Madam.” He said with utmost respect and Mrs. Lee smiled wide.

“Lovely kids, I want to take you both home!” she exclaimed and broke into a sad smile. “But sadly I can’t” She said almost in tears; her husband rolled his eyes.

“Honey, you are scaring them so please stop that.” Mr. Lee reprimanded his wife who pouted and glared at him; somehow Sunggyu felt and knew that it was a familiar scene.

---

Dinner went by with lots of talks and stories shared. Sunggyu was being praised for his wittiness and how he would complement Jinki. The future was looking brightfor Korea’s top 2 conglomerates and Sunggyu wasn’t sure if it was a good or bad thing.

The main course was served and Ryeowook explained the dish for them. He was brilliant and the food was great.

“Will he do the dishes for Jinki and Sunggyu’s engagement party?” Mrs. Lee asked and her children just rolled their eyes.

Mr. Kim gave a hearty laugh and nodded. “Nothing but the best for our sons.” He said and raised his glass. The others raised theirs and soon, they were talking tales and epics.

Sunggyu took a breather because the place was getting congested with all the Jinki and Sunggyu talks. HE took a step out to the back where he noticed two figures by the wall. He squinted his eyes and was surprised when he saw who the two were.

“Onew?” Henry called out and Sunggyu tried to push the brother inside the restaurant but his efforts was futile.

Henry’s eyes welled and Sunggyu can feel his brother’s body tensed. He knew why but he didn’t want to hear it.

‘Son of a !” Henry shouted as he dashed towards the man leaning on the wall. His fist landed on the other’s jaw.

“That was something.” Onew remarked as he pushed the girl out of the way and faced Henry.

“How could you!” Henry shouted with tears falling from his eyes. He looked at Onew whose face was unreadable. Henry then walked back towards the back door. Sunggyu stared at the brother and turned to leave.

“Why didn’t you explain?” Dasom said as she approached Onew and dabbed the blood off of his face. “It’s my fault, I’m sorry oppa.” She was crying and Onew sighed.

“Don’t worry about it Dasom, I’ll handle it.” HE said then walked back towards the back door.

---

“Over a girl? This! I want you two to work it out or else I’m throwing you both out of the house and I mean it!” Ryeowook shouted in their living room which made Sunggyu winced at the high pitched voice. The eldest then stomped to his room and slammed the door loudly.

The three was standing there, silent and still. They could hear nothing but their breathing and at one point, Sunggyu sighed loudly. But none of them wanted to speak and Sunggyu was caught in between his brothers.

HE was hurt to be honest, very much stabbed in the heart when he saw the two almost kissing. He wanted to actually punch Dasom and beat her into a pulp but she’s a girl and that would make look like a sissy. He was actually blaming Dasom here, not Onew because the seductress and temptress are usually the girls.

Having enough of the tense atmosphere, Sunggyu decided that it was best that they settle it once and for all.

“Please Onew, kindly explain yourself.” Sunggyu uttered and Onew just smirked.

“I don’t need to. You all saw it right? What’s there to elaborate?” Onew replied and in an instant, Henry was charging towards him. “Go ahead.” Onew stated as Henry grabbed his collar and fist raised in the air.

“You knew I love her.” Henry stated, knuckles turning white as he clenched his fist tighter.

“I know. But what makes you think that I love her too?” Onew replied and Henry looked at him straight in the eyes. “We both know whom I like Henry.” Onew smirked and recited something.

“12th street Banpo bridge.” Onew said without emotions and Henry quickly let Onew go and dashed out of the door. Onew took a deep breath and started to walk towards his room.

“Why do you always act the bad guy onew when you clearly have a good heart?” Sunggyu asked which made Onew stop in his tracks.

“Why do you want to know?” Onew asked back and it made Sunggyu silent. “If I tell you then I have to kill you.” Onew said then walked up the stairs and disappeared from Sunggyu’s sight.

“You hate me that much Onew?” Sunggyu asked no one and settled himself on the couch.

-----

a/n: A bit angsty.. but then again, I’ll make an angstier chapter next ^^ We’ll get closer to the