Heartbeats

In Love With You~ [DISCONTINUED]

 

*bell rang*

Finally, it's time to go home! It was a pretty tiring day, although you had quite a few laughs in class. Jirin was passing you funny notes during class (you were becoming bad students), and you were trying so hard not to laugh.

"Why are you laughing, Jirin and ____? What is so funny?" Mr. Gu came over to your table and snatched the note you were holding. You were a bit scared of your math teacher because he was strict and a bit scary. From the corner of your eye, you could see that Jirin was trying so hard not to laugh while pointing at the teacher who was looking so seriously at the piece of paper. It was pretty fast like for a second, but you saw that Mr. Gu was sort of holding back his laugh and instead he pretended like it wasn't funny.

"What is so funny about this?" He pretended not to know and showed the piece of paper to the whole class. Everybody was laughing so hard at the piece of paper which made Mr. Gu a bit confused at the reaction because he didn't expect everybody to laugh at it. He made a sort of cough and told everybody to quiet down. He gave back the piece of paper to you and went back to the front class explaining about trigonometry.

Even after the bell rang, you still can't stop laughing with Jirin. Both of you look kind of crazy because it looks like you were laughing for no reason, which made you laugh louder because you were imagining looking at yourself laughing right now. Jirin is a really fun friend. You thought of the exciting and troublesome year ahead of you with Jirin as your best friend.

"Jirin-ah, you really shouldn't do that during class time. Maybe at lunch, so we can laugh normally!" You said while laughing.

"But did you see that Mr. Gu was trying so hard not to laugh when he saw my drawing?" Jirin said while laughing.

"Yes, I saw that. He was definitely laughing!" You both were laughing while walking in the hallways towards the exit of the school. While you were walking, you passed Sandeul's classroom and were looking through its window. You saw Sandeul was busy talking with his friends and that made you smile, because he looked so cute.

"Ya. Why are you smilinng like that? You look kind of creepy!" Jirin said while trying to control her laugh. All you can do is just keep smiling and sort of blush. "Ya. Why are you blushing? TELL ME NOW!!"

You told Jirin what happened earlier with Sandeul. Jirin was clapping her hand.

"Wow, ____! You already have a crush on someone on the first day of school. Daebak!" That was Jirin's reaction.

"No! It's not like that. It's just he is really nice and just so cute. I really want to pinch his cheek." You started to smile again, and laugh by yourself.

"You're kind of creepy right now, but my advice, don't give up. Sandeul is really nice to everyone. Good luck, ___. Fighting!" You arrived at the bus stop and Jirin's bus already came so it was time to part. "Annyeong ____!"

"Annyeong, Jirin-ah!" She waved at you and you waved back. You kept waving until she was gone and you looked at the bus schedule. 20 more minutes. You sat on the empty bench and took a book out of your bag. You started to read....

"Is that book really fun?" asked a voice beside you. You were shocked to see that Sandeul was sitting beside you and looking at you while you were reading your book.

"Oh, Sandeul-sunbae. Sorry, I didn't know you were here." You said while staring at the floor, you didn't want Sandeul to see your rosy cheeks.

 "It's okay, ____-ah. Is that book really fun?" Sandeul asked the second time, sounding innocent.

"Yes. For me, I'm just curious of what happens next in the story. So I want to keep on reading that book." You looked up and smiled. He smiled back. Suddenly your bus came, you put the book back to your bag and stood up.

"Sunbae, here's my bus. So, I'll see you tomorrow!" Unexpectedly Sandeul also stood up.

"Ah, jinjja? This is also my bus! I guess we must have been fated to meet." Your cheeks turned pink and your heart started to beat faster. All you did was stare at the floor hoping that he won't see your pink cheeks. Sandeul laughed a little. "Well, let's go in then!"

Both you and Sandeul went inside the bus and sat together. You sat near the window while Sandeul sat beside you. Your heart was beating so fast that you were scared he could hear it. You just looked down and stayed quiet.

"How was your first day of school?" Sandeul asked.

"It was fun. But there are some scary teachers." You replied, thinking that he wouldn't ask any more questions.

"Did you found any new friends?"

"Yes, I did. Her name is Jung Jirin. Her desk is beside mine." You remembered about what Jirin said during lunchtime, so you didn't say anything else.

"That's good to know! I thought that if you didn't have any friends yet, I could be your friend." Thump. Thump. Your heart started to beat faster again.

"Thanks, Sunbae." You didn't know what else to say. Thankfully, the bus stopped at your destination. "Sunbae, this is my bus stop, so I'll be going first." You started to stand up.

"Jinjja?? We must be really fated because this is also my bus stop." Sandeul stood up and both of you went out of the bus.

"Sunbae, my house is on this side."

"Oh, my house is on the opposite side." Somehow you felt both relieved and disappointed. You thought that he might be living in the same direction as your house. But, if his house is in the same direction, you didn't know what else to say and your cheeks would be really pink. "Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow, Sunbae. Annyeong!" You started walking to your house's direction.

"Annyeong. Take care on the way home!" Sandeul waved at you. You waved back, then you quickly looked away because you were blushing. You smiled to yourself on the way home while skipping happily. You were excited for tomorrow.