Another Farewell

Forever

"You two are related to Kim Jung Min?" The doctor questioned. 

"Yes, we live in the same house as her." They answered together. 

They glanced at each other - it kept Jeehae reassured, calm. 

"Well. It looks like she is overworked. She needs to rest, no more work for her." 

They nodded in unison. 

"Also, I have the perfect medicine to give to her, it's pretty expensive, but it will improve her headaches and cough attacks. It will also strengthen her bones." 

"How much is it?!" Jeehae quickly asked. 

"Roughly fifty dollars for thirty pills." 

Minhyuk and Jeehae's eyes widened. 

"Do you guys have it with you right now?" Minhyuk questioned. 

"No we don't. Since we have to transfer it from Seoul, it will cost even more money." The doctor replied. 

Silence. 

"Can I pick it up from Seoul and pay there?" Jeehae wondered. 

"You can if you wish." The doctor answered. 

Minhyuk stared at Jeehae as she said that. Too many emotions in one face expression. The most dominant emotion - worry. He blanked out, repeating what Jeehae asked in his head over and over again. Minhyuk felt a squeeze in his heart. Jeehae's voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Oh okay. Thank you so much doctor.." Jeehae slowly got up.

Minhyuk did the same and they both went out the door. They entered in the patient's room. The room was filled with old people. They were all coughing and looking withered. It pained Jeehae to enter the room. They both saw that the grandmother was sleeping peacefully and sliently.

"Let's go outside." Minhyuk motioned.

Jeehae nodded her head and slowly trudged to the door. Minhyuk wrapped his arms around her shoulders to support her. Jeehae didn't feel anything - she couldn't feel anything. She was in a dilemma. They went out of the small hospital. One couldn't really consider that building a hospital. Basically, it was a building filled with people that were fated to die. They both sat down on the old bench. It was all of silence - dead silence. Unwanted thoughts came rushing to Jeehae's head. A tear trickled down. Minhyuk looked over to see a girl - not a mature girl, a little fragile girl. Minhyuk embraced her. He patted her back as her tears quietly rested on Minhyuk's shirt - the silent tears. It hurt so much in the inside. 

"It's going to be alright." Was all he could say. 

...

 

It was decided. Jeehae was going to leave to Seoul. Minhyuk and her had a long talk about it - a verbal fight. Eventually, Jeehae won the agreement and she was allowed to go. 

"Do you really have to go?" He asked with pleading eyes. He pulled out every card he had. 

Jeehae looked up to him. She slightly grinned. This was the first time that a grin hurt Minhyuk so much. Jeehae slowly packed up her mini suitcase. In a couple of minutes, she finished and slowly exited the house. A taxi was waiting for her outside. Minhyuk was deciding whether to pull out the final card or not. It will hurt her, pain her, make her feel like a horrible person, but would it be enough to make her stay? To change her decision? 

"Kang Ji Hae." He sternly stated. 

Jeehae looked up in confusion. Never ever did Minhyuk call her by her full name. 

"Kang Ji Hae. Are you really going to leave me?" He was going to do it. 

"I'm not leaving you. I promise I'll come back." 

Lies. They were all lies. They both knew it was a lie. 

"This is also because of him isn't it? You never did forget him, even though you said so, you never did. So chose Kang Jeehae, is it me or him?" Minhyuk asked. He brought back the unwanted memories because he was selfish – he wanted her, Kang Jeehae.

 

Jeehae took a deep breath.

"Minhyuk, I am not going because of him. I did forget him. He is out of my life. I will come back. I'm going to send Halmoni's medicine so she can get better." She avoided the question. 

Minhyuk bitterly smiled. 

"If you leave now, you'll never come back here again." He whispered. 

Jeehae bitterly smiled too. She couldn’t answer that one. She walked up to Minhyuk. She went on the tips of her toes and gave him a peck on the lips. Then Minhyuk bent down and deeply kissed her. They parted slowly away from each other. 

"Minhyuk I'll miss you." Jeehae whispered. 

“Me too.” He stared at the ground.

Since when was the ground so.. comforting?

Minhyuk lamely waved as Jeehae went inside the taxi. Jeehae was still staring outside the window even though the taxi started. 

"Goodbye Minhyuk, I love you." She whispered against the window. 

 


wow.. I tired and I failed terribly.. Sorry guys... I failed on this chapter..