Reassuring Depression

Forever

"Hyung." Sehun called out. 

"What?" He gently asked. 

"Are you thinking about her still?" 

"I would be lying if I said no." 

The rest of the members softly sighed at this, but Baekhyun didn't hear them. He was lost in his own thoughts. Since the day Jeehae left, Baekhyun's energy was all drained out of him. He tried so many times to forget Jeehae, but she would never leave his mind. It was hard for everyone. EXO missed Jeehae and the happy Baekhyun. Everything wasn't right anymore, nothing fit into place. 

 

...

 

"Doctor, please. I'm begging you please tell me a least a little bit about Jeehae. I need to know. Please. Just a little bit." 

The doctor sighed. 

"Baekhyun. You came here every single day asking the exact same question. It's been almost two years and yet you still come. Haven't you lost hope?" The doctor asked. 

"No. This place is my last hope and I know that you are going to tell me the answers." 

"Baekhyun. Being this depressed is bad for your health. You need to laugh, smile." 

"You can help me. You can assist me. The first step is to tell my about what was exactly wrong with my girlfriend." 

The doctor rubbed his temples. 

"Baekhyun. I'm only doing this for you. Only once." The doctor stated. 

"This is going to be long." The doctor continued. 

"It's fine. I've got all day." Baekhyun stated. 

The doctor sighed.

"When Jeehae got into the accident, there was actually nothing wrong with her memory loss. She actually only had a few scrapes and bruises. But just in case, we did a whole checkup on her. Then we found a tumor. But this tumor was surrounded by other tumors. It was like many pieces of tumor clumped together to make it one undefeatable tumor. There is no place that can actually cure her. If we did surgery on her, her chances of living is very low. However, without the surgery and daily checkups, she can have actually a higher chance of living longer rather than doing surgery. So we talked things out and problems got solved. So she begged me to not talk about her condition to you and anyone else, especially you. I wanted to disagree with her but she even got on her knees and begged. I accepted, but here I am telling you.. She told me she was going to move, but I'm not sure where. She told me that she was going to leave for you to forget her and live your life. She hoped that you will go with the flow and be happy. She thought that it would be worse if she was there and you knew everything. That's what she hoped." The doctor told. 

"It's been two years. She's still alive." Baekhyun commented. 

"Yes. She is which is pretty amazing. Most patients don't live that long." 

"Can she perhaps live? Maybe it was mistakened!" Baekhyun hoped. 

"Hm.. Maybe.. I mean when she went off she was perfectly fine, but I don't think she's ever got a checkup." 

"Well, since there are no signs of her doesn't that mean she's fine?" 

"Yes, but we can't be sure."

That's all that did it. Baekhyun felt as if all the bad things in the world disappeared. As long as Jeehae was safe, it wouldn't matter. As long as she was happy, he was happy too. Yes from time to time Baekhyun wondered how Jeehae was doing, if she was eating well, or if she was healthy, but the most important factor was if she was happy and safe. That’s all that matter for Baekhyun – that’s what kept him alive for two years.