Nightmare

Forever

Baekhyun and EXO ignored Jeehae's request and kept coming continuously. The hospital was Baekhyun's new home. Baekhyun tried everything to bring back at least a little memory. 

"Hey Jeehae! I brought the notes that we passed around!" Baekhyun smiled. 

"O-oh. Um.. Can you read them?" Jeehae requested. 

"Yup. Was going to anyways." Baekhyun proudly stated.

 

Oppa~ what’s wrong? You look so down today..

I had a bad nightmare.

A nightmare... What happened? 

The nightmare was about losing you, you going away. 

Oppa. That's never ever going to happen!

We can never be so sure.. What if one day you're not by my side?

Oppa! I love you so much, that if I'm away from you, I'm going to die and be in the state of depression! 

Really?

Yes! I'm never ever going to forget you and love you until I DIE okay? 

Okay :)

Now. Turn that frown upside down!

Fine... Thanks Jeehae you’re the best. Love ya..

I already know that. ;) Love ya too~

 

When Baekhyun finished reading, Jeehae had tears on the rim of her eyes. She quickly blinked them away before Baekhyun could see. Luckily, Baekhyun didn't notice. 

"You see? You promised me that you'll never forget me. You PROMISED. And Jeehae never ever broke secrets." Baekhyun stated. 

"But. I'm not even sure if I'm Jeehae or not. So how would I know if this was me or not?" Jeehae questioned.

"Because-" He started.

There was a knock that interrupted them. A nurse's head pops up.

"Um. Sorry to interrupt but it's time for Jeehae's medicine and her daily checkup." 

"Oh okay. I'll be right back." Baekhyun stood up and gave Jeehae a quick hug. He grabbed her soft and delicate hands and put a ring on her finger. 

"Never ever lose this. Maybe you lost the bracelet I gave you, but don't ever lose this. Don't ever take it off your finger. Promise me." Baekhyun stared into Jeehae's eyes. 

They looked sad and tired. He had bags under his eyes and he just looked plain exhausted. Jeehae just simply nodded her head.

"Great. Get better quickly Jeehae. We have lots to do." Baekhyun pecked her cheek, which caused Jeehae's face to turn red. 

"Please take good care of her." Baekhyun told the nurse. The nurse nodded in response. 

“I-I love you Baekhyun. Thank you.” Jeehae whispered as Baekhyun left the door.

 

...

 

Baekhyun entered in Jeehae's hospital room with a bouquet of sunflowers in hands. Jeehae always reminded Baekhyun of sunflowers - always happy and shining. 

"Jeehae?" He knocked and entered. 

The sunflowers in his hands met the floor. He was staring at the empty hospital room. He sprinted out of the room to the nurses' desk. 

"Um. Where is Kang Jeehae?!" He panicked. 

"Oh. You didn't know? Ms. Kang left right after her daily checkup and everything. Has she have been not telling you anything?" The nurse asked. 

"No. Now to think about it she has never ever mentioned anything about her health..." Baekhyun ran his hand through his hair. 

"Then, we cannot share any information with you either. It is Ms. Kang's personal business and we cannot just reveal to her boyfriend if she doesn't want us to." The nurse stated with sorrowful eyes. 

"Oh.. Um. Thank you. Um. Do you perhaps know where she went? Or even perhaps a letter?" Baekhyun hopelessly asked.

"I'm sorry. I do not."

"Oh. Well, thank you. Um. Yea."

Baekhyun trudged his way out of the hospital and called for a taxi. As the taxi was driving him home he looked out the window. The weather was rainy and dark. He sighed and thought, 'Where could you possibly be?' His worst nightmare was coming true and worst of all, no one was there to support him.