Exams

Drabble Babble

 

Kibum tossed and turned in bed and no matter what he tried to do, he just couldn't fall asleep. He tried all ways he had heard of to fall asleep. He made himself warm milk, counted sheeps, played classical music pieces and even tried to exercise just to make himself tired but it just didn't work. 
 
He sighed and reached his hand out for his phone lying on his bedside table. He grabbed the rectangular object and brought it above his face as he began typing away.
 
To: Jinkipups
From: Kibomi
 
Hyung..... Are you asleep?
 
Kibum hit the 'Send' button and locked his phone before putting back to its original place (the table) and slipping his hand into the blanket. 'He is probably asleep.' Kibum thought, 'I will have to deal with this insomnia alone.' He sighed and looked at his phone. His phone then lighted up with a buzz and Kibum's hand shot out of the blanket and grabbed the phone. He smiled with anticipation as he quickly unlocked his phone. This were the times when he really hated how his phone has to have a lock.
 
To: Kibomi
From: Jinkipups
 
About to, why?
 
Kibum pouted as he quickly typed a response.
 
To: Jinkipups
From: Kibomi
 
I can't fall asleep and I don't know why.
 
Kibum hit send and waited patiently for a reply. He waited for 10 seconds, then 20 seconds and finally 40 seconds later he was almost sure Jinki was asleep. But contrary to what he thought, his phone then began buzzing. It wasn't a signal for a message, but a call instead. 
 
He hid his smile from growing any bigger and answered the call. 
 
"Hello?" A gentle yet deep voice was heard.
 
"Hyung!" Kibum said, a little too excited.
 
Jinki chuckled and Kibum swore he would have melted onto the ground if not for his bed. 
 
"Why can't you sleep, baby? Is it because of your exams tomorrow?" That gentle voice spoke once again. 
 
"I think so. I am really scared though. What if I don't do well. I will disappoint my family, myself and most importantly you." Kibum whispered the last word. 
 
"Baby I will proud of you no matter what you get. What do you want me to do to calm you down so you can sleep? You really need the rest, baby."
 
"Hyung?"
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Can you sing for me?"
 
"Sure."
 
Jinki began singing Kibum's all time favourite ballad song. For the first part of the song, Kibum thought about how fortunate he was to be able to call Jinki his and was thankful that Jinki was always there no matter what happens. Halfway through the song, Kibum thought about the miserable times he felt when Jinki went away for a visit in his hometown. Nearing the end of the song, he felt his eyelids getting heavier and heavier and he just didn't have the strength to keep it open to finish listening to the last bit as he drifted off into a deep slumber, missing the part Jinki whispered, "Good luck for the exam tomorrow, I love you baby."