Smile

Last first kiss

We both walked home in the rain, under his umbrella, not saying a single word to each other even though a million things were running through my mind. So many questions I wanted to asked, so many things I wanted to say but at the same time, I couldn’t say a single word. I don’t even know how I was supposed to feel. Was I supposed to feel happy, sad or angry? I really had no idea and I honestly felt as if my brain was going to explode.

“So, what is JiYeon up to these days?”  I heard him ask.

I snapped out of my thoughts once I heard his voice.

“Oh! Uh, nothing exciting really. Just university during the day and work during the night”  I said with a smile.

“And what about you?”  I asked just before mentally slapping myself for asking such a stupid question.

Of course you know what JiYong is up to these days! He is the ever so famous G-dragon! You can’t go anywhere without hearing his name!

“Ig-ignore that”  I quickly said as I rubbed the back of my neck from embarrassment.

He let out a chuckle “Nah, it’s nice to be asked by someone who the paparazzi or a reporter” 

Oh God, hearing his laugher in her person again brings back so many good memories.

“We are just taking a break now after our tour so I decided to come back home and relax for a bit”  He said.

“And when do you go back?”  I asked.

“Are you trying to get rid of my already, JiYeon?”  He said with a chuckle.

“No! No! I-I-I-“

I was stuttering like an idiot and I could feel my face burning from embarrassment.

I had always imagined what the day would be like when JiYong and I would meet once more. He was someone I spoke to every minute of the day, saw every single day and loved so much with all my heart. I knew it would be weird but I never imagined it was going to be this difficult, this embarrassing and awkward. I didn’t think finding something to talk about was going to be this hard.

“We’re home”  I heard him chime.

I looked up and noticed we were standing out the front of my house.

“Already?”  I muttered with disappointment.

“What was that?”  He asked.

“N-nothing. Goodnight Ji-Y- I mean G-dragon”  I quickly corrected myself.

I wasn’t sure if it was still appropriate to call him JiYong anymore.

“You know you can always call me JiYong”  He said with a smile as he ruffled my hair.

I let out a nervous laugh “Right. Well … I’ll catch you later then”  I said I waved him goodbye with a nervous smile as I slowly walked towards my front door.

“Goodnight JiYeon”  He spoke.

I looked back and noticed him still standing there with a smile on his face.

-

-

-

I arrived at college with bags under my eyes, similar to those of a panda and it was obvious to everyone. I didn’t get one ounce of sleep as I kept replaying last night with JiYong in my brain over and over again, tossing and turning every time I remembered all the embarrassing moments.

He was all I thought about and he is all I’m thinking about right now.

“Good God JiYeon, you look like death”  Yumi said as she approached me.

“I feel like death”  I mumbled.

“If you don’t mind me ask me asking, what exactly is wrong?”  She asked concerned.

“JiYong”  Was I said.

“JiYong? What in the world are talking about? Yester-“

“He is back”  I interrupted.

Yumi looked at me with eyes wide open while I looked back at her with eyes half asleep.

“WHAT?!”  She screamed, causing my eardrums to pop and waking me up.

“You think you could be a little bit louder? I don’t think the people in AMERICA quite heard you, Yumi!”  I exclaimed sarcastically as I rubbed the sides of my head from the splitting headache I felt coming on.

“How are you not ecstatic about this? JiYong is back in town! You guys can pick things up where they left off! It’s the greatest thing ever!”  Yumi cheered as she grabbed a hold of my hands as she was jumping up and down with joy.

"Calm down, Yumi"  I said as I tired to hault her jumping.

“You are just letting your inner ‘fangirl’ talk right now! JiYong and I picking things up where they left off is obviously not a good idea! His life is different, he lives in a whole other world to me. This extravangent life where he mixes with the rich and famous. A girl like me cant just walk into that. If you haven’t forgotten Yumi, we haven’t seen or spoken to each other in 7 years”  I said, starting to feel myself feel abit sadden with those last words.

Wow, 7 years. Saying it aloud is so strange. I cant believe its really been that long.

“I’m sorry JiYeon”  Yumi apologised.

“I just don’t want to get hurt again, Yumi”

-

-

-

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no! God dammit no!”  I cursed as I emptied out my bag on my front porch.

After a long day at college and having given the day off from work, I wanted nothing more than to crawl into my comfy bed and get some good night rest after having absolutely none last night. But what was preventing me from achieving this ‘dream’ of mine was that I could not locate my house keys.

I got down on all fours and searched through the rubbish that I had emptied out from my bag, but no sign of my keys. I knew there was something I had forgotten when I left my house this morning.

I let out a sigh as my only set of spare keys to my house was located at the one place I didn’t quite want to go to, next door.

I had given my spare keys to my house to Mrs. Kwon to keep at their place as this isn’t the first time I’ve locked myself out of my house and we both figured it was easier to keep a set at the Kwon residence incase an incident like this was ever to repeat itself.

I stood at the front of their door, hesitant to knock as I was afraid the one person I didn’t want to see right now was going to answer but at the same time, I did want to see.

I let out one last breathe before knocking.

It was a good 5 seconds before the door swung open and there standing before me was JiYong who was wearing a pair of grey tracksuit pants and plain black hoodie. Despite dressing so casual, he still managed to look absolutely good.

That’s JiYong for you.

“JiYeon! What a surprise”  He said with a smile.

God, he has got to stop smiling or else I’m going to have a heart attack.

“Hey JiYong”  I greeted back with a smile.

“Wh-what can I help you with?”  He asked.

“I-I-I kind of locked myself out of my house and your mother has my spare key”  I said, kind of embarrassed.

He let out a small chuckle “Still the same JiYeon” 

I couldn’t help but smile at his remark.

“I guess you can come in. My parents have actually stepped out for a bit but I’ll give them a call and ask where they’ve put your key”  He said as he stepped aside, allowing me to enter.

I followed JiYong into the living room and took a seat on the couch as JiYong went upstairs to grab him phone.

I looked around the living room and felt nostalgic as nothing had changed. Everything was still in the same place. The couch, all the picture frames, all the little ornaments, everything was still in its original placement from back when me and JiYong use to hang out in this very room all the time.

Looking around the room I heard a phone ring, scaring the living daylight out of me.  I followed the ringing to the kitchen as I heard JiYong’s footsteps running down the stairs.

“Please tell me that it’s your phone ringing?”  He asked.

I shook my head as I looked over at JiYong who still had his phone to his ear.

“If we were a set of spare keys, where would we be?”  He said.

-

-

-

We decided to look at every inch of the house since we both didn’t know where his mother had placed the keys. We decided to start upstairs in the bedrooms. JiYong started the search in his parents’ room though I told him I’d stay in the hallway because I didn’t feel right prying around in his parents belongings.

As I walked down the hallway, looking at all the family portraits hanging on the wall, I noticed I found myself infront of JiYongs room with the door slightly opened. I didn’t mean to but I noticed that I had pushed his door open and slowly stepped into his room.

I looked around the room and just like the living room, nothing had changed and so many memories came flooding back. The keyboard where he use to play me songs he had written for me was still there and his desk was covered with so many sheets of music. His wall was still covered with posters of all the artists that influenced him. His dresser was still stacked with CDs and a few little figurines here and there. But what I had also noticed was that there were a few new photos that were obviously not there before.

Photos of him with the other members of BigBang and others from the YG family.

That means he had been back home before.

I continued looking around his room and my attention was drawn over to his bed side table where I noticed a picture placed in a nice thick black frame.

I picked up the frame and seeing the photo brought a smile upon my face.

It was a picture of us back in highschool.

We were both in our school uniform as my hair still long and in pigtails and JiYong with a baseball cap. Always with a cap. We both were pulling silly faces. JiYong with his cheeks puffed out and I was crossing my eyes with my tongue out.

“Out of every photo I’ve ever take, that has to be one of my favourite photo of all time” 

I let out a loud gasp and spun around to see JiYong leaning against the door frame with a smile on his face.

God he can kill people with that smile.

I quickly put the picture back down on the table as I felt my face burning up and my heart beating 100 beats per second.

“Sorry! I-uh-I” I was trying to find a good reason to tell JiYong why I had wandered into his room but I couldn’t think of anything and yet again, he has left me speechless and my mind had gone walkabouts.

“I-Uh … I gotta go!”  I stuttered as I quickly made a mad dash pass him and dashed down the stairs and out the front door.

“Bye JiYong!”  I quickly shouted one last time before rushing out the door and shutting it behind me.

I leaned against his door and let out a huge sigh of relief as I placed a hand over my heart to try and calm it down.

“Breathe JiYeon, breathe-EEEEEEEEEE!!!” 

Everything had happened so fast and the next thing I knew, I was on the ground, looking up at the ceiling.

“JiYeon?” 

JiYong’s face appeared into my line of vision and again, my heart started to now beat triple time as he was looking down at me, trying to hold back his laughter.

“Uh…”

“I believe you’ll be needing these”  He said as he dangled a set of keys above my face.

My spare keys.

I let a nervous laugh “Oh, right”.

“You’re definitely still the same JiYeon”  he said as his comment was followed with that infamous smile of his.

That infamous, cheeky, gorgeous smile of his.