One

Shoujo Manga

 

I could’ve sworn that these people really do look familiar to my eyes. Like they are the people whom I’ve always wanted to see. They’re not familiar in a way that I have already talked to them before or even saw them in person. It’s just like, they are people who are in the movies, the television…or in books or in…

 

Oh good grief.

 

It hit me. Right then and there.

 

Nopeee~ That can’t be.

 

…why am I here?

 

What the serious heck am I doing here??

 

 No. This must be a dream. A dream far too beyond reality to happen in real life.

 

It’s just purely impossible.

 

 “Wake up!” I slapped myself hard in the right cheek and I wailed at the pain I caused myself.

 

 “Eh?” the girl beside me blinked. “Daijobu?”

 

 I slapped myself again. “Wake up!”

 

 “She’s nuts.” The boy who stood near the door said.

 

“Why am I not waking up?!” I almost teared up, and then I inhaled deeply, letting myself take in all the air that I needed, helping myself to convince my stupid good-for-nothing brain that this whole thing is just a dream and that I am going to wake up soon.

 

 

 “Ne..tell us, are you lost or something?” the girl asked me. And all that I can do was stare at her blankly, because I was still in disbelief that she was actually talking to me.

 

 Then I looked at the boy who stood by the door. He just squinted his eyes at me.

 

 Soon enough, there was a knock heard on the door and the boy opened it for whoever it was to enter.

 

 Two people came in. A boy and a girl. And the sight of them just made me shift my weight to my back which made me lean against the board of the bed that I was sitting on. My hands slightly trembled at the sight of these four people altogether.

 

 The girl who just entered was carrying a tray. On the tray was a plastic bowl of what looked like ice water, a face towel, and a glass of…milkshake, if my guess was right.

 

 “Oh hey,…you’re awake!” she beamed a smile at me as she set the tray down on the bedside table. She then leaned towards me and touched my forehead. She smiled again. “Good. You don’t have fever anymore!”

 

 “I think I wouldn’t have a fever in my dream. “ I mumbled and nobody noticed.

 

 “Here…” the kind girl handed me the milkshake and I accepted it from her, and then took a sip.

 

 It tasted…real.

 

 I took another sip.

 

 Now milkshakes don’t taste this good in dreams, don’t they?

 

 “I’m Amu by the way.” The girl who handed me the milkshake said. “And this is my sister, Rin.” She gestured her hand on the girl who sat beside me on the bedside.

 

 “Doumo~” Rin said, smiling at me.

 

 “That’s Daiki by the door.” Amu continued. I looked at Daiki but he was too busy plugging his earphones in his ears.

 

 “And that guy…” Amu pointed towards the guy who stood near Daiki. “…he’s Hikaru-kun.”

 

 All the while as Amu introduced, I couldn’t help but say in my brain: “I know, I know…I know who you guys are.” But I couldn’t possibly say that. If this isn’t a dream, which I hope it isn’t, I’ll just freak them out. Or think that I’m nuts, which Daiki already thinks.

 

 I took another sip of the delicious milkshake, savoring its taste before I disintegrate from this dream. If this is a dream, that is.

 

 “You’re not from around here, aren’t you?” Hikaru-kun blurted out all of a sudden and it made me choke on my drink but of course I drank again to unchoke myself. I forgot that this guy has a STRANGE ability.

 

 I’ve also noticed second earlier that he has been eyeing me a bit too creepily, like he was scanning my soul or something.

 

 “Well, I…” I started to speak as soon as I have recovered from my choking but then my sentence was immediately cut short when Rin spoke.

 

 “Of course she is not from around here.” She said as her eyes rolled while she stood up. She then eyed Hikaru. “We haven’t seen her in this house before, right? So therefore she doesn’t live here, and that makes her not from here. Duh.” She then walked towards the door and opened it.

 

 “Out.” Rin said as she pushed Hikaru out of the room.

 

 “What?” the latter blinked.

 

 “I’m going to sleep.”

 

 “And how does that connect with me going out??” Hikaru’s mood suddenly changed from weirdly creepy to a bit of victimized funny.

 

 “You’re just creeping out our guest! Out!” Rin said with a final push on Hikaru and after that, they are both out of the room and the door closed.

 

 “I’m going out now too.” Daiki said faintly before heading outside the door.

 

 “Ah! I forgot I have exams tomorrow!” Amu realized. “Anou…will you be okay?” she asked me with concern in her eyes.

 

 “H-hai…” I nodded, setting aside my milkshake. This girl, she’s just busy most of the time. If ever she had free time, she’ll spend it by being busy.

 

 “You haven’t told us your name just yet.”

 

 I blinked. “I’m Fai… Ogata Fai.”

 

 “Ne Fai-chan, doesn’t your head hurt? You’ve been passed out for quite long…”she asked.

 

 Wait…I passed out earlier?? Then woke up? This is a dream, right?

 

 “No, not really. I’m fine.” I smiled at her. “And how exactly did I get in he—”

 

 “Ah! It’s already 10pm! I have to review now! Gomen ne~” she said as she ran towards the door and closed it.

 

 But approximately seven seconds later, the door opened once again and Amu peeked her head in.

 

 “Um, he might come tonight so..Uh. nevermind. He might not come anyway..” Amu said, leaving me confused.

 

 “Who’s he??” I thought.

 

 I took my milkshake again. Half a minute later, I’ve already emptied all the contents of the glass.

 

 “If I hit my head with this, am I going to wake up in reality?” I thought to myself as I eyed the glass. “I might as well try…”

 

 Slowly, I raised the glass on my forehead level, and then I closed my eyes.

 

 Three…

 

 Two…

 

 One…

 

 I was already about to hit myself forehead with the glass but just then…

 

 “OI OMAERA!! NANI YATTEN DAYO?!” a guy’s voice suddenly yelled at me. I then opened my eyes and stared at the person.

 

 He… he’s…

 

 OMGGGGGG THE MAIN CHARACTERRR

 

 “Oi Yuya, what’s happening it here??” another guy in nothing but a bathrobe on asked as he stepped inside the room uninvited. He was scratching the back of his head, indicating that he was annoyed by Yuya’s yell. His eyes then landed on me and he actually grinned. “Eeh~ Since when did Yuya start taking girls to his room?”

 

 “Urusai Yabu.” Yuya snapped. “Get out of my room.”

 

 Yabu’s still like that?? So that means.. Hanna isn’t here just yet.

 

 “Tss~ Hot-headed as always. Tsk. Tsk.” Yabu said whilst exiting the room.

 

 Soon after the door has closed, Yuya looked at me. “There’s a cutter inside my drawer. I usually use it on paper but I’ll let you use it on yourself.”

 

 “What?” I blinked, clearly not getting his point.

 

 “You’re trying to kill yourself, right?” he then approached me and took the glass from my hand. “You can’t kill yourself with this. Baka.”

 

 “I’m not trying to kill myself, you idiot.” I replied, though I just muttered the word ‘idiot’ so he wouldn’t really hear it.

 

 But he did.

 

 “What did you just call me?” he squinted his eyes at me, making them even narrower than they already are.

 

 “Err…nothing.” I said, trying to drop my gaze from his eyes.

 

 This guy…he’s always like this. Talking to anyone in the same manner. Not caring if the one he’s talking to is a boy or a girl, rich or poor, nerdy smart or plainly idiotic, friend or stranger,…but not really in the same manner when he talks with his enemies. Actually, a ‘talk’ with his enemies would usually just end up in a fight.

 

 He’s a Yankee after all.

 

 “Tell me…” he leaned forward and there’s more tone and seriousness in his voice now. “Did Four send you to spy on me?”

 

 “What?! No!” I answered. “Why would he send me? Rui will make a better spy than me so there’s no way that Four wil—”

 

 Oops. Too much info. -____-

 

 Honestly, to tell you, I am SO not Four’s spy. Four is the leader of the gangster group of which is Yuya’s group’s mortal enemy. A meeting between these two groups, whether it’s accidental or not, it will just eventually lead to a fight.

 

 Yuya smirked. “Four  sent a spy who blabs too much. What a perfect idiot.”

 

 “I told you! I’m not a spy!” I said, getting off from the bed.

 

 “THEN WHY DO YOU KNOW SO MUC—”

 

 Yuya’s sentence was cut by the sudden knock on his door.

 

 Without any invitation, the person who knocked on the door opened the door by himself and allowed himself to step inside Yuya’s room. He then eyed me. And as much as I know that this guy is the weirdest guy in this story, he still gave me the creeps.

 

 “You do not belong here, don’t you?” Hikaru-kun asked me as he closed the door slowly. Somehow, I wished that Rin was here to get him out again because I honestly did not know on how I should break the truth to them without them thinking that I am a somebody who jail-broke from a mental institute.

 

 “Of course she doesn’t belong here, she belongs with my enemy!” Yuya said, eyeing me with a hint of disgust in his face.

 

 “I said I’m not a spy! Do I look like one?!” I told Yuya.

 

 “That’s the point! You have to NOT look like one so that you MRPPMMPHH~~!!!”

 

 Yuya was once again silenced by Hikaru as the latter pushed a palm on his ranting mouth.

 

 “Will you PLEASE just give us time to talk? Me and her? Even for just thirty seconds, without you interrupting??” Hikaru said as while looking at Yuya as he slowly removed his hand from covering Yuya’s mouth.

 

 “Fine.” Yuya said, exhaling. “Just be sure that—”

 

 Hikaru clamped Yuya’s mouth shut. He then looked at me again. “So now, answer my question.”

 

 I took a deep breath. “This is a dr—”

 

 “No. This is not a dream. This is reality.” Hikaru said, my eyes widening at how he knew that I was going to say the word ‘dream’. But this isn’t reality too.

 

 “But this is a dream!” I continued with my words. “You guys do not exist!!”

 

 I took a deep breath.

 

 “You guys are just from a shoujo manga I just finished reading last week!!”

 

 

>>CHAPTER END<<

 

 

LOL. This chapter is too long for crap. XD

I hope I didn't get you guys confused though. Did I?

P.S.: Characters who are not in this chapter shall appear on the next! :D