Four

Torn Between the Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter IV  

Tension hung over the room, a canopy of unsaid resentment, bottled frustrations, and faded strings of longing. The clock continued its usual ticking, the AC never ceased its humming, but the two were lost in time of old memories- both of the same moment, but of different interpretations.

 

Finally the man turned, his gaze sparking something deep from the woman. He continued to look at her, straight hair, cold eyes, defined lips, slender neck, petite body, and straight down to her slender legs. “I missed you so much, Bo,” he said. He loosened his hold on the woman and gazed warmly at her. “I finally found you Bo, after all these years.” Victoria wrenched her arm away from him and started to back away. He closed the gap between them and engulfed her into his toned muscles. Victoria froze at the overwhelming familiarity. She breathed in his familiar scent, felt his strong slender arms, and felt the familiar thumping of his heart. Heart. What about her heart? She pushed him away the second time.

 

“One- don’t you EVER touch me. Two- don’t call me that anymore. Three- you are NOT needed in my life anymore. And lastly- I HATE YOU. So, give me back my stuff so I can get out and the hell away from here,” she said, each time jabbing her finger against his chest. Yongguk caught her finger and held onto her hand.

 

“Bo, what happened to you? To Us?” he asked. He was confused. Hell, he was beyond confused. After a year of searching, scouring through Seoul, each day going back to their old bus stop in hopes of finding her, she tells him that she hates him, that she doesn’t need him anymore. “Please tell me what’s wrong, Bo, I’m really not understanding you. I love you. I miss you, please give me another chance to right whatever I did wrong.”

 

Victoria shut her eyes. “Stop IT...Stop LYING! I’m not going to fall for the same thing over and over again. Back then I-”

 

A knock on the door interrupted her. “Sir, Madam is here,” a voice said through the door.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter