Blame it on the Coworkers

Blame It on the Turtles

Monday morning, many dread it.  But for Heechul it was a new week that he hoped would be filled with opportunities to get a rise out of his coworker.  Alas, it was only verbal and not physical.  Though it was enough to tease Choi Siwon and watch him get out-of-sorts, for now.

 

"Good morning!  Cho Development, Kim Heechul speaking", the office assistant's voice purred into the phone.

 

"How can you be so chipper this early in the morning, old friend?", the voice carried the lilt that only a native Chinese speaker can have.

 

"Hannie, watch who you are calling old!  This face is ageless, unlike yours that's been ashened from Beijing smog.  Hey, how've you been since I moved back to Korea?"

 

"Lucky me, I've been juggling things with my handsome new assistant and his hyper cousin from overseas.", he sounded happy, but slightly worn.

 

"Two huh?  That sounds hot and steamy.  And here I am.  The only look I can get from the guy I like is when he rolls his eyes at me.  I must have left all my mojo with you", Heechul pouted.

 

"Ah!  It's not like that!  I was referring to finding them affordable, decent, living arrangements.  You and your mind so full of rot."

 

"Your limited Korean vocabulary can leave a lot open to interpretation, you know.   Why don't you let them save money and live with you.  Heh heh heh...  Oh!  I will have to talk to you later.  I think I hear the footsteps of my tall, dark, and handsome office crush."

 

Heechul hung up the phone and glanced towards the door to see the resident architect rushing in a few minutes late, per usual.  Impeccably dressed and not a hair out of place, the only way one could tell Siwon was running behind the clock would be his pursed lips, furrowed eyebrows, and long stride.  Heechul found it all to be part of his charms.  Siwon had hoped his long legs would carry him quickly past the frustrating office assistant before said assistant could find something questionable to say.  Unfortunately, Kim Heechul's mouth was always faster than Siwon's feet.

 

"Fine looking morning, isn't it Siwon-ssi?"  The way Heechul ogled Siwon, it was pretty damn obvious it wasn't the morning, but him that he found so fine.

 

Siwon had stopped just past the assistant's desk.  Caught.  Oh why couldn't he just ignore him?  His back stiffened and he gritted his teeth.  "I really didn't notice, Kim Heechul, I was in a hurry this morning."

 

"Ohhh"  For reasons even he didn't know, Siwon turned, hearing the disappointment in his coworkers voice.  Heechul pounced on the opportunity, sticking out his lower lip ever so slightly and casting his eyes down.  "Well, Siwon-ssi, you really ought to take time and enjoy the things around you."  Heechul's lips curled into a grin and he raised his eyes to meet the surprised architect's.  Siwon's only response before stomping off was a low growl in the back of his throat.

 

Heechul sighed and his smile brighted as he spun his chair back towards his work station.  "I love this job."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kyuhyun looked over the view of the cityscape from his best friend's apartment balcony.  He deeply breathed in the early night air, gathered courage, and waited.  In his own world, he didn't hear the balcony door open behind him.  He almost jumped when Yesung (a nickname Kyuhyun had given him during their college days) put an arm around his shoulder.  "So jumpy!  Did I surprise you?  You are here, but your mind seems very far away Kyu-ah."

The low, husky voice made him bite his lower lip and white-knuckle the balcony railing.  He couldn't lose his nerve now so he continued to look out at the city lights.  "No hyung, I was expecting you.  I was just thinking of something."

Yesung stepped back and looked at Kyuhyun.  "Well, it seems like it must be pretty serious..."

"It is."  Instead of saying something deep and beautiful, his analytical mind did the speaking.  "All this time that I've known you, we've been so similar - studying management in college, meeting in choir, sharing the same life philosophies, pestering our rag-tag group of friends, playing crazy card tournaments, owning our own businesses, having late nights talking about everything and nothing at all...  We are like two parallel lines though, always running in tandem, never intersecting.

"But we do,"  Yesung was now shoulder to shoulder with Kyuhyun, looking out towards the ebbing sun.  "in stolen glances while we sang, laughing together at things no one else understands, your fingers brushing my hand when passing me cards..."

Kyuhyun gasped at the realization - Yesung had known his feelings all along.  Relieved, he turned to face Yesung, who was smiling and shaking his head.  "Finally!"  He tilted his head slightly, gazed into Kyuhyun's eyes, and brought his hand up to the nape of the taller man's neck.  Kyuhyun his lips shyly and moved forward to-

 

"Why did you hire the anti-Christ?"

 

"What?!?"  Concentration broken and his space invaded, the man behind the desk folded his arms and scowled.  The dark glare Siwon received from the company president, Cho Kyuhyun, almost made him turn on his heels.  Although young, he was quite the brilliant and formidable businessman.  It was only out of complete frustration that Siwon even dared storm in and question is boss.

 

"Kim Heechul his completely inappropriate!"

 

"Oh?  How so?"  He was aware of the situation, of course.  But since Siwon had decided to interupt his daydream (one that never had turned out in real life, mind you) he was going to have a bit of fun with his uptight architect.

 

"First off, the way he looks at me..."

 

"Why?  Is he angry with you?"  He voice sounded concerned but he was trying his best not to smirk.

 

"No, it's not that.  And, and his physical proximity to me at times..."

 

"Are you saying that he's threatened you?  That would be unacceptable!"  Oh, he had to bit his cheek to keep from grinning.

 

"Um, no, it's not really threatening behaviour.  It's just, uh, some of the things he says."  He was really losing steam now, not making his point as clear as he would like.  Would his boss understand?

 

"Well, if he's disappointed in your work, it doesn't matter.  I'm his superior, after all."  Bwah!  Siwon looks so befuddled!  So amusing.

 

"Exactly!"

 

"Exactly what Siwon-ssi?"

 

"You are his superior Kyuhyun-ssi.  If you could please talk to him about more work suitable behaviour?"

 

"I think it best if you take this one head-on Siwon-ssi.  If there is something that needs cleared up between you and Kim Heechul, then that's how it should be dealt with - between the two of you."  Kyuhyun turned his chair to face the window (so as not to show his full-on smirk) and pointed towards the door.  "I'll let him know that you wish to speak to him in your office."  And I can't wait to hear how that turns out.

 

"Okay then.  Thank you Kyuhyun-ssi.", Siwon said as he nervously headed to his office.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Kyuhyun-ssi said you wanted to see me,"  Heechul cooed.  He casually leaned in the doorway of Siwon's office, a light smile on his lips.

 

"Yes Mr. Kim, we really need to talk!", he leaned forward in his office chair.  Very glad to have his desk between him and Kim Heechul.

 

"Mister, huh?  Mister?"  Heechul strode across the room, sat on the corner of Siwon's desk, and leaned towards him whispering,  "Mr. Choi...  Hmmm... Choi, Choi...  If said right, rhymes with Boy Toy..."

 

"Kim Heechul!"  Siwon launched up from his chair and stood at full height above Heechul, his hands balled up at his sides and his face an angry crimson.

 

This outburst didn't bother Heechul in the least.  In fact, it only encouraged him.  Sliding off the desk, he stood up closely to Siwon and inhaled deeply.  "Hot... You're pheromones are absolutely intoxicating when you are angry."  He saw Siwon raise his hand and tried to duck.  Siwon's years of martial arts won over Heechul's cat-like reflexes.  Heechul closed his eyes waiting for a punch that would ruin his good looks for a while.  The punch never came.  Instead, he felt himself being pushed backwards.  Luckily, his feet kept pace so he didn't fall.  His back hit the office door, closing loudly.  Siwon's lips crashed roughly into Heechul's.  He tipped his chin up to respond to the kiss and brought his hands up to Siwon's hair.  Siwon wrapped his arms around Heechul's shoulders, his mouth now leaving a trail of kisses and nips from Heechul's ear to his collarbone.

 

A sudden knock on the door startled the new lovers.  "When you two are, ahem, finished in there, don't forget to lock up.  I'm heading out early today."

 

Siwon and Heechul looked at each other, perplexed - not because they were caught, but because their boss (who normally worked close to 12 hour days) was leaving for the day and it wasn't even lunchtime.  "Um, okay Kyuhyun-ssi.  Take care!"  Okay, Siwon did blush slightly when choking out an answer to his boss.

 

Heechul grabbed Siwon from behind and the younger jumped slightly.  Heechul chuckled and whispered, "Come on, we still have a long day ahead of us."  And they continued where they had left off...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kyuhyun rushed out of the office, fumbling for the spare key to his best friend's apartment.  If Heechul could get together with Siwon - in only a way that Heechul would, then he was going to finally confess to Yesung.  Kyuhyun just hoped that he could catch Yesung before he left for work at his cafe - and before he lost his nerve.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N:

Good morning lovely readers!

Wow!  It's either really late or really early, depending on what you think of three-thirty ;)

Do you think Kyuhyun's confession is going to happen?  Oh, what could possibly go wrong?

I'm too zonked (zzzzz) to think of anything cute and clever to finish up with.

Soooo, please comment, subscribe, and keep on reading!!!  THANKS!  <3