1st Letter

Letters for M

Marga's POV

 

 

It was just another gloomy day walking around SM University with my bestfriend, Minhee. Three years have passed already since my first audition. I just want to prove to my parents that this is my passion and.. I'll succeed in the future but things are getting more blurry from audition to audition. Sometimes I just want to quit and prove my family's judgement right. I went back to my locker, in defeat, preparing for my next class. 

 

 

A letter?

 

 

"Lemme guess? Another letter from your sasaeng?" Minhee chuckled while she was munching on some macarons Chanyeol gave her. I just smirked in response. "You know, he may be better than you think and... HE CLEARLY LIKES YOU CHINGU!" she added with a sarcastic tone.

 

 

"You know Key Oppa is the only one for me." I replied defensively. She made a ghost of a smile and then sighed. "Look, Marga... I think you should move on with your puppy love with Key. It's not healthy anymore. He obviously doesn't respond to your feelings and he'll be an idol soon which means more... fans and that means..."

 

 

"MORE GIRLS" i retorted. "and guys~" she added and I gave her a quizzical look. "HE'S A FLOWERBOY FOR PETE'S SAKE! HE APPLIES FOR ALL GENDERS~!" she said. I rolled my eyes and read the letter.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Dearest Marga,

 

                              Hey it's me again. Hope you already ate lunch. I wanted to see you today but I couldn't. I just want you to know that you should definitely follow your dreams. You are a fantastic singer and I hope someday we can do a duet maybe? Anyways, see you soon. Have a great day!

 

                                                                                                                           From: Onew

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"ONEW?!? Such a weird penpal name don't you think?" Chanyeol said just popping out of nowhere behind my back. "WHAT THE EYCH CHANYEOL! SERIOUSLY?" I said while jumping from his surprising arrival. Chanyeol placed a hand on his heart and made an "ouch" reaction.

 

 

"And we are not pen pals. I don't even reply to him" I said. "Then reply!" Chanyeol said while wiggling his eyebrows. Talk about creepy.. =__=" I just glared at him.

 

 

"Just leave a note beside your locker where he can see it. And make it catchy. It's all about presentation and design" Minhee said out of nowhere while I just rolled my eyes.

 

 

"ART APPRIECIATION 101 know-it-all" Chanyeol remarked whilst pissing off his girlfriend. "Well excuse me Mr. Film Major who is too narcissistic to begin with, you are talking to your girlfriend like that?" she replied sacastically. Ahh~ these lover birds.. Kinda makes me want to have lover too.. Key Oppa, why won't you learn how to love me. He is also one of the reasons why I wanted to be a Kpop idol. I deeply sighed. 

 

 

"Come-on guys, let's just talk about it after dismissal..." I said after I closed the locker to get my books. I ran immediately after but got the chance to hear Chanyeol's sorry and they kissed and made-up. They’ve been together for 6 years and still going strong. When will I ever find a guy who'll be proud of me as his own. Then Onew crossed my mind. I shrugged the thought before I entered the lecture hall.

 

 

(AFTER DISMISSAL)

 

 

I got a text from Minhee that she and Chanyeol will be late and told me to go home since she had to finish her website design for her oral exam. She was really determined in what field she chose. I think I should be a bit more serious in auditioning. Onew's words played on my mind like a broken cassette tape.

 

 

As I was walking down the street, my heart literally dropped. I saw Key again. He was really happy with his friend. I froze there --- I didn't know what to do. As he was coming near my direction, I saw his genuine smile vanish. He stared at me for a mere 5 seconds and made a ghost of a smile and headed past towards me.

 

 

Maybe this was a sign that I should forget him. Maybe I should give Onew a chance. Mayb---- "Hey Marga! There will be auditions for trainees in my agency. I think you should come there. It's 2PM onwards on Saturdays" Key said out of the blue before riding the bus. I never had the chance to reply but this really made me happy; for my career and Key's sudden change of heart.

 

 

I smiled as I headed back home.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N

 

How's the first chapter? Do you like the story so far? Comments and Suggestions are welcome!

 

XOXO 

P.S. I call my chapters letters according to the chapter. Don't be mistaken that this is Onew's First letter to Marga. Okay? Love you all~