Chapter 2

Broken Promises

 

 

 

"Yah, I heard there's a new girl and she's in your class! Is it true?" Baekhyun chirped and poked my shoulder,"Is she cute? Is she hot? Does she have long hair? Do you th-" Annoyed with his questions I stuffed my sandwhich into his mouth and pushed him away from me,"You're so annoying!" I glared at him and snatched back my sandwhich that hung out from his mouth. The exo guys laughed as Baekhyun pouted and pretended to wipe away his non-existant tears,"I love you so much and this is how you repay me??" he sobbed jokingly. I rolled my eyes and began to eat my lunch. Chanyeol giggled beside me and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck,"Stupid bacon." he cooed and grazed his lips along my neck gently. I sighed in annoyance when Chanyeol's curly hair got in my mouth. I jabbed his side and he groaned in pain,"Yo! Giant number two! Your hair is all up in my face so could you not?" I stood up and went to go sit next to Xiumin. Chanyeol wimpered and hung his head down in sadness.

Suho sighed and shook his head,"Lana, cut the boy some slack. He's been wanting to be next to you this whole day." I shrugged and picked up Xiumin's juice and drank it, completely ignoring what my older brother had just said.

"Say, where's Kris hyung?" D.O asked outloud. Everyone shrugged, finally realizing that he was missing. Tao pursed his lips,"He told me he had something to finish up in art class so he would be late but it's been a while already." he informed then went back to eating. Luhan snorted,"Art class my , he hates that class because he can't draw for ." Lay laughed and nodded,"It's true, have you seen his drawings?" Luhan and Lay laughed and high fived eachother. I smiled slightly, remembering a night when Kris knocked on my door in the middle of the night asking to help him draw a dragon for his project. Thinking back to that night made my heart beat increase a little. The way he looked when he was trying to concentrate on drawing was absolutely aodrable. Whenever he was around I couldn't help but feel a little weak in the knees. Especially when he's near me. I always shook it off, that feeling in my chest whenever he smiled at me. That feeling I would get when he hugged me or simply ruffled my hair.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Xiumin nudged me with his elbow,"Hey, you okay Lana?" he looked at me concerned. I cleared my throat slightly and nodded,"Yeah I'm alright, just a little tired." I ran my fingers through my hair. Xiumin eyed me carefully but then shrugged it off and began to conversate with Luhan.

I hated it when I thought about Kris. I knew better than to feel and think like that. It could never work, even if he felt the same. It just didn't work that way. I almost scoffed at the thought. There was no way he could ever have that kind of feeling for me. He only saw me as a little sister. And that's how it'll always stay.

 

 

 

 

Throughout the rest of lunch Kris never showed up and most of the exo guys didn't really care. Kris was a big boy and could take care of himself. But Suho, being the leader like figure, was worried. But hey, that's just Suho. I was glad that there was only one class left before school ended. I hated this place. But as I was walking to my class I saw Kris talking to some girl. I scoffed and hid behind the wall so I could over hear what they were saying. But I knew Kris could sense me so it didn't even really matter but what the hell, it's not like I was in a rush to History.

"I'm so sorry I got juice all over you. I'm new here so I uh, was sort of lost." said the girl. I rolled my eyes, immediately knowing who the voice belonged to. It was that Su-ah girl. Kris cleared his throat,"It's okay, it's not that big of a deal." his deep voice made Su-ah get chills. I crossed my arms and shook my head, of course it was a big deal. Kris was the biggest neat freak on this damn planet.

Su-ah giggled,"Alright, well I ought to get to class now. I'll see you around Kris-sshi?" Kris shrugged,"Maybe."

Su-ah nodded and bowed to him before leaving. I heard Kris sigh and tap his foot,"You can come out now. She's gone." he said. I came out from behind the wall but frowned when the bell rang. Last period had begun. Kris walked towards me and flicked my head,"Stalking me now huh? And even listening in to my conversations?" he tsked. I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder,"Don't be so full of yourself you giant. My history class is down there and I just happened to see you two." I stuck my tongue out at him and he smirked. I pinched his arm,"Jerk, why didn't you come to lunch? Suho was worried a ."

Kris chuckled,"He's such a worry wart, I was finishing up a painting for art class." I laughed,"What is it? It better not be a dragon, you failed on that so bad last time." I teased. Kris pinched my cheek,"No it's not a dragon." I whined and tried to pry his fingers off my cheek but his hold was tight. "Get to class, you're already late." he let go of my cheek and kissed it,"There, all better now." he smirked and ruffled my hair before leaving me. I rubbed my cheek and cursed at Kris mentally. I brought my palm to my racing heart and frowned. I hated how he made me felt.

 

 

 

 

"Alright class, so don't forget! Your essays are all due next Thursday! No exeptions!!" my history teacher hollered before leaving us in the classroom for the last 20 minutes. I groaned and laid my head down on my desk,"Finally that's over with." I muttered to myself. I tried closing my eyes to get a quick nap before school ended but somehow I couldn't stop thinking about Su-ah and Kris. I don't know why it irked me so much. It made my skin crawl, her being so close to him just didn't fly with me. I shrugged it off but in the back of my mind I knew I would be up all night thinking about it.

"Hey, Lananananaaa~" a voice cooed from behind me. I sighed,"What is it Donghae?" I asked. Donghae was a senior, he was cute and bubbly but totally not my type. Everyone knew he had a huge crush on me last year. He knew about that poor freshman guy getting beat to a pulp by Chanyeol but still tried to talk to me. He was pretty built and was on the football team, so he wasn't scared at all. But when Suho found out, oh man was he angry. He told Donghae to stay away from me or else. Donghae shrugged him off untill Suho threatened me to tell Donghae to back off. Being the nice person I was, I just told Donghae I wanted to be friends. He was cool about it.

Donghae giggled and got up to sit down in the seat next to me,"Hear about the new girl yet?" he wondered and poked my forehead. I groaned and opened my eyes to him smiling like a goofball. I sat up and nodded,"She's annoying." I claimed bluntly. Donghae chuckled,"You always hated innocent girls." he touched my hair. I rolled my eyes,"They're all annoying. But I know you like that type." I clicked my tongue,"Which is why I thought it was weird that you liked me last year." Donghae blushed a little and cleared his throat, taking his hand away from my hair. "Anyway, are you going to senior ball?"

I shook my head,"Why would I go? I'm only a junior." I reminded him. Donghae his lips,"Well I was uh," he rubbed the back of his neck,"Do you wanna go with me?" he asked with a shy smile. I cocked my head to the side,"You want me to be your date?" Donghae nodded. I pretended to think about it. Is he stupid? Why would he even ask me? He knows the Exo guys will kill him.

"Sorry, my older brother won't let." I shrugged,"I'm sorry." Donghae's face faltered,"Oh, I see." he rubbed his arm. I frowned,"I'm sorry, it's just that my brother and the Exo guys are so over protective. Especially Chanyeol. I don't want you to get hurt is all." I tried to reason,"If they weren't all like that then I would have said yes, no doubt." Donghae looked at me with a small smile,"Thanks Lana."

Riiiiiiinnnggg!

Happy that the bell had finally rung, everyone started to pack up and got up to leave. I grabbed my bag and got up with Donghae. I glanced at him and felt a huge lump in my throat. He looked so crushed. I immediately felt guilty. I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek,"If you're not busy Friday after school, maybe we could go get some ice cream? My treat." I suggested. Donghae's face brightened and he smiled at me,"Definately."

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

i really dont know where im going with this story -___-