Chapter 1

Broken Promises

 

 

 

 

 

It was a full moon tonight. They would be heading out soon. I sighed as I laid my head down on my open history textbook. "Just a quick nap." I said quietly and closed my eyes. But I frowned when I heard a knock on my door. "Lana? Are you still up?" It was Suho. I opened my eyes and sat up,"Come in Suho." I yawned and stretched out my stiff arms. Suho opened the door and walked over to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him,"Aren't you guys leaving soon?" I asked. Suho nodded and smiled at me,"I just came to tell you we were leaving." he my hair,"Aigoo, my little sister is getting so pretty." I rolled my eyes and shrugged off his hand,"Don't be out too late. We all have school tomorrow." I closed my history book and stood up,"Good night." I kissed his cheek and walked past him to the bathroom to take a shower. Suho sighed and rubbed the back of his neck,"Goodnight." he whispered.

 

 

 

 

I smiled as I entered the kitchen and took in a whiff of bacon cooking. I immediately knew it was Kyungsoo. Only he would wake up early and cook us a decent breakfast. "Good morning Kyungsoo." I walked over to D.O and poked his arm. He smiled at me and bumped me with his hip,"Morning my Lana banana." he drained out the oil in the pan and dumped the rest of the bacon onto a plate,"Would you be a doll and set the table for me? I'm gonna go wake up the guys." I nodded and started to set the table. I put down 12 plates and took out a bowl for myself. When I was finished putting the plates and utensiles onto the table I started to put the food on the table now as well. I smiled when I saw a plate of pancakes with strawberries, whip cream with a note with my name on it. "Kyungsoo." I chuckled and picked off a strawberry and popped it into my mouth.

After getting done setting the table I sat down in a chair and was about to dig in when I heard the thundering of foot steps running down the stairs. I sighed and waited for them to all get downstairs, I knew they would go nuts if I ate before them. As I popped another strawberry into my mouth the sound of booming laughter and loud chattering had caught my attention.

"Aigoo! My beautiful wifey Lana!" Chanyeol's deep voice boomed,"Did you make all this food for me?" I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder when he walked over to me and tried to wrap me into his arms. He pouted,"Jagi~" he cooed. Kai scoffed and pushed Chanyeol out of the way and took a seat next to me,"Move it." he muttered. Chanyeol stomped his feet and ran over to Kris,"Hyung! Kai's being mean again!" Kris rolled his eyes and pushed him off,"Deal with it."

Xiumin and Luhan laughed at Chanyeol's misery and sat down across from me. Chanyeol glared at them and dragged his feet as he walked back over to me to sit down on my other side but Chen dashed right past him and sat next to me. Chanyeol gasped and frowned,"Why?!" he whined. Everyone laughed at him and Suho patted his back,"It's okay Chanyeol, you'll get to sit next to her later at lunch alright? Now hurry up and eat, we're gonna be late for school."

 

 

 

 

 

When we entered the front gates of the school we were immediately surrounded by fangirls screaming and crying "OPPA! OPPA!!!". It was a typical morning for Exo. They were the gods of SM High. Everyone looked up to them and everyone loved them. They were perfect in almost every single way. And since they all had such a huge ego, they loved every minute of it. I sighed and slipped out of the crowd. I hated walking with them in the morning sometimes. Just as I was about to leave I felt a poke in my side. I turned around and was met with a grinning mandoo,"I'll walk you to class Lana." Xiumin smiled and ruffled my hair. I frowned and smoothed back down my hair,"Thanks Minseok." he chuckled and patted my arm,"Kaja."

As we were walking down the hall to my homeroom, girls were fawning and shyly saying hi to Xiumin he only grinned and said hi back to them. When we reached my homeroom I smiled and poked his arm,"Thanks for walking me Minseok but you should head over to your homeroom. You don't wanna be late." he gave me a boyish smile and nodded,"I'll see you later sweet cheeks." he winked at me and knocked my chin gently with his knuckles. I smiled and shook my head and entered my homeroom.

 

 

This period was as boring as all my other classes. School never appealed to me but Suho forced me to come. He said he wanted me to have a good future. I blew my bangs to the side and laid my head down on my desk and closed my eyes. The other students were chatting and laughing loudly, which gave me a huge headache. No one at school bothered to talk to me. Girls hated me for hanging with Exo and guys were afraid if they talked to me Exo would beat the crap out of them. It's happened before. During freshman year a new kid at school had approached me. Chanyeol being the jealous dickhead he is, beat the out of the poor guy. The guy had to go to the hospital and even changed schools. Ever since then no guy has ever had the guts to talk to me. But it's not like I cared. The people here at SM High are nothing but a waste of my  time.

 

 

"Ahem, ahem! Attention students!" My home room teacher Ms.Lee clapped her hands twice to get everyone's attention. All my classmates immediately shut up and went back to their seats. I only rolled my eyes and kept my head down, not caring about what she had to say at all. "Class, today we are getting a new classmate." Everyone oooh-ed and ahhh-ed. Ms.Lee cleared ,"You all will treat the student nicely and with care right?" The whole class answers back with a loud "Yes!" Ms.Lee nodded,"Alright, come on in!" The door opened and a girl stepped in. All the guys in the class howled and clapped. I groaned, how annoying could they be? Ms.Lee glared at the boys and they immediately stopped. The girl blushed and bowed,"Annyeonghaseyo, Park Su-ah imnida. Please take care of me." 

Ms.Lee smiled,"Su-ah, why don't you go take a seat." She scanned the room and pointed to an empty desk,"Why don't you go sit over there." Su-ah nodded and mumbled a "thanks." Ms.Lee grinned and began to teach. But being me I blocked out everything she was saying. Just as I was about to doze off I felt a sudden presence by my side. "Um, excuse me. I was wondering if you could move your bag please? I was told to sit next to you." 

What the ?

I sighed and removed my bag without lifting my head or even looking at the girl. She giggled and sat next to me,"Annyeong, I'm Su-ah." She introduced. I dropped my bag to the floor where my feet were with a big plop,"I know. I heard you up there." I muttered. Why the hell was this girl talking to me? Couldn't she see I wasn't interested in talking to her at all? Su-ah giggled,"What's your name?" She asked softly. I was starting to get annoyed,"Yah, I would appreciate it if you stopped talking to me. I'm not in the mood to talk to you." Su-ah's shoulders slumped down,"Oh, okay." 

Ugh thank god she got the memo. Her soft voice was starting to get on my nerves. Other that being in this school and being surrounded by these people. Another thing I hated were innocent and cutesy girls. It irked me. I guess it was because I was such a hard head and spoke out my thoughts I began to dislike girls who were soft and mushy. I believed women should be independent. Innocent and cute girls just didnt fit into that.

If this girl is planning to sit by me throughout this whole year, she's got a whole new thing coming.