Chapter Eight

Love isn't easy

It’s been 5 days since Ren was rushed to hospital after he was found by Aron having spasms on the ground from falling over and hitting his head. He had been told to stay from the doctor due to concern of concussion and was told to halt all activities for the next 2 weeks. When he was told of this, the disappointment could be seen on his face as he quickly apologised to the others for being a totally idiot and pushing back their comeback. Of course nobody felt hatred towards Ren as they knew something like this never could have happened on purpose.

 

 

During those past 5 days Jr never left Ren’s side, unless it was to buy some cake for Ren to eat. Minhyun, who felt like a third wheel most of the time, decided to give the two space, so only visited for short periods of time. Since that day of the kiss and the day of Ren’s incident neither had said a word, which made Minhyun confused and took it as though Jr was using him to get over his problems. Minhyun couldn’t hate the boy, he would never hate him so that’s why he kept his mouth shut.

 

It was the day of Ren’s release and everybody was excited to get out of the hospital. Even though the others where only visiting from time to time, they were sick of the sight of the place. However before Ren was allowed to be discharged he was forced to eat his last meal, against all his requests.

 

Ren hated the food. The food was bland, wet or too grey looking. It just looked wrong.  But desperate times called for desperate measures. So having enough of Ren’s whining Jr grabbed the spoon and began shoved rice onto it and brought it towards Ren’s mouth who looked both horrified and amused.

As the two messed around with Jr feeding Ren, Minhyun had enough and left the room causing Ren to stop laughing and noticing Minhyun walk out with his head slumped down low.

 

‘You should go,’ Ren spoke with determination in his voice. He was not letting Jr mess things up. ‘I know. Just go and tell him. Ok? I am happy for you.’ Spoke Ren as he pushed Jr’s arm away.

 

Slowly understanding, Jr nodded as he lifted himself off the chair next to the hospital bed and made his way after Minhyun followed by the words ‘don’t it up bro!’

 

 

 

 

Once reaching the outside of the building Jr glanced around for the boy. Catching his figure nearing the gate exit Jr took some steps closer before calling out his name.

 

 

‘Minhyun’

 

‘Minhyun’

 

‘Wait, don’t go’

 

 

‘Why?’ spoke Minhyun as he slowly turned around to face towards the boy nearly 10 feet away. ‘Give me one good reason I shouldn’t just walk away and act like nothing happened between us!’

‘Come on! I’m waiting. I don’t have all ing day.’ Minhyun became inpatient as he began to twist his body around to once again face the exit.

 

‘Minhyun, would you just listen to me, please? I can’t lose you. Not again. I feel so dumb for not saying anything earlier. If I just said it ages ago nothing like this would have happened.’

 

‘Say what? It’s as if you are speaking in riddles’

 

 

Taking in a deep breath, Jr composed himself and let his mind take over.

‘I have just been so scared. Too scared to hurt others. Too scared to hurt myself, to get my hopes up to then get turned away. But when you told me, I knew my dreams weren’t some crazy fantasy I had imagined. That maybe I can finally reach my happy ending. An ending I have been dreaming about. I have been acting blind this whole time, hoping that perhaps you can be replaced by another, but I was wrong.

 

So very wrong.

 

There is nobody that could replace another and I have known that for a long time but it never stopped me in trying. Ren could never replace you. That’s a fact.’

 

 

Jr looked on at Minhyun who turned around and whose face was still one of confusion.

 

 

‘Ok so what are you trying to say?’

 

 

‘I L-L-Love you?’

 

 

‘What is that a question?!’ Minhyun instantly asked, raising his voice and octave higher.

 

 

What? No!’

 

 

‘Then say it like you mean it!’

 

 

‘I love you’

 

 

‘What was that? It was even worse than the first time! I don’t have bloody bat hearing!’

 

 

 

Losing his patience Jr lost all sense of nerves and got stuck in the moment.

 

 

‘Fine!

HWANG MINHYUN I LOVE YOU. I ALWAYS HAVE AND I DOUBT I WILL STOP LOVING YOU. SO WILL YOU JUST COME BACK HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT, STOP GRINNING LIKE A LOVE STRUCK SCHOOL GIRL AND LET ME KISS YOU….

 

…Happy now?’

 

 

 

‘Very’ replied the boy with a grin stuck on his rosy face as they both giggled at the sudden outburst of confession.  

 


Hey guys

Hope you enjoyed the fic. It didn't turn out the way i wanted it to. I completly ignored my plan. oops

Ha.

Thanks for reading xx