Chapter Seven

Love isn't easy

Frozen to the spot Jr didn’t know what to do. If he were to run out of practice surely they would figure out it was the truth, or perhaps he should deny everything Baekho has just said and laugh it off. All these possibilities swam through his head trying to find the best way to escape. However it was too late to decide as any choice would suggest that he does like the two nervous onlookers.  

As he still stood there Jr fears soon turned to angry both towards himself and the knowing two. Was he that transparent? How did Baekho know? Did Aron really betray me?  Looking back and forth between Aron and Baekho the anger inside him grew causing JR to clench his fists into tight balls, feeling the sting of his nails digging into his palms.

‘You ing ,’ JR screamed but more like whispered, unknowing of the volume of his voice. He looked directly at Aron who remained still, looking anywhere but the boy.

The anger began to intensify, pumping vigorously through his veins threatening to burst. Taking a quick glance at his two lovers he swiftly his heels and made his way towards the exit once again.

It wasn’t until he had pushed his way into their dorm door and slumped to the ground that he noticed the streams of tears pouring from his eyes. He hasn’t felt this vulnerable before and it was beginning to scare him.   

 

How could something like this affect me so much? How could I let this continue? How will I be able to face any of them again?

 

The questions, the sadness, the hurt, the anger, all these feelings and thoughts were crushed down by the largest of them all. The Betrayal.

 

I trusted him? What have I done to ever deserve this? How can I perform alongside them if I don’t trust them? I can’t continue.

 

Jr continued to weep continuously until tiredness overcame him and took over his weak body sending him into a blissful universe escaping from his current messed up reality.

 

 

 

Several hours passed by the time JR woke up. Opening his eyes slowly he was welcomed by the dim lights and the warmth surrounding around his back that was holding him in place on a bed. It took a little time for Jr to come to his senses to realise this was in fact not his room and that there was somebody holding him tight as he lay on his side. From the countless movie marathon nights spent in this room he knew exactly who this was taking care of him.

‘Minhyun did you carry me in here?’ Spoke Jr not looking at the guy who he was currently resting his head on.

‘No. I found you here wrapped up in the blankets whining,’ replied the other as he gently Jr’s back as a way to comfort him.

‘Oh.’ Jr didn’t know what to say. All those emotions he was feeling early vanished from his mind and just wished he could stay in this current moment forever. But he knew moments like this never lasted.

‘You know I worry about you,’ spoke Minhyun with a deadly serious tone ‘if you ever need help with anything or just someone to talk to as a friend I am always here.’

Looking up at the boy after the word ‘friend’ was mentioned Jr noticed the pain on the others face, the strain evident in his eyes at that one word.

 

He must feel it too?

 

Their eyes locked unable to tear them apart. Jr wanted to stay like this. But at the same time he wanted to react. He wanted to try at least move forward in his life. Try to make the world a little more clearer.

 

 

And that’s what he did.

 

 

Staring longingly towards the other, Jr moved up closer to the point he was hovering over the silent boy. Neither said a thing as their gazes and rapidly increasing heartbeats told the other the same. Leaning down slowly Jr captured Minhyun’s lips in a soft delicate kiss. They were still for a moment, not wanting to move. It wasn’t until Minhyun pulled Jr into a deeper kiss that they both knew how the other felt. Starting off soft, things began to develop as Jr teasingly pulled on Minhyun’s bottom lip as a sign he wanted more. Reacting to this Minhyun instantly slips his tongue into the others unsuspecting mouth causing Jr to melt from the touch. Everything feels right. Everything in this moment just feels so perfect that nothing could stop them.

 

 

 

 

 

Just when things looked up, everything crashed down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Hey guys,’ came a knock and a panic stricken Aron from outside the door causing Jr to push himself off Minhyun at an alarming speed ‘something is going on with Ren. I have no idea what is wrong so I have called the ambulance.’ The worried sound of his voice hurt Jr as he dared to loose eye contact with Minhyun below.

 

‘Ok, I will be just out,’ spoke Jr in the most monotone voice ever as he broke contact with the other, turned around, opened the door and left a dumbstruck Minhyun behind.