Chapter Five

Love isn't easy

Before opening his eyes, JR could sense people’s eyes on him. Opening his eyes he was met by just that thought. A worried looking Aron resting on the side of the bed, followed by both Minhyun and Ren looking as if they had seen the most amazing thing ever and then standing right behind them, a guilty looking Baekho hiding his eyes away from JR’s. Slowly making his way into a sitting position JR kept his eyes down, trying to avoid the others worried eyes drilling into him. The atmosphere was awkward to say the least as nobody dared to speak the first words.  

 

Breaking the silence JR asks ‘So, how long have I been out?’ giving a weak smile to his on lookers hoping to reassure them that he is perfectly fine, however his broken groggy voice told them otherwise. Realising a small huff Aron replied ‘7 hours’ before grabbing a glass of water which was resting on the night stand and placing it forward for JR to take. Drinking a little he waited for the others to say something, ask how he is doing and what happened. But nobody did.

 

‘The doctor said you need to rest for a few days, get your strength back and eat some proper food.’ Aron finally said after an agonizing amount of time. Looking up JR nodded in response before sneaking in a quick glance at the two side by side waiting for his attention. Feeling like it was his fault Baekho brought up the courage to form an apology. ‘Listen, Dude I am sorry for what I did and the way I acted before, you know, collapsed in a heap on the floor.’ JR listened on, surprised by the way Baekho was apologizing, like actually apologizing for like the first time ever, ‘and I should never have said those things, but to be honest what the were you doing?’ Obviously Baekho was never going to do a proper apology. Whilst JR was rolling his eyes  Aron gave him a swift whack in the chest with his arm causing Baekho to question the reaction.

 

‘What the was that for!’

 

‘Perhaps because your apology was ,’ replied Aron, receiving nodding heads from the others.

 

‘Oh no, someone’s going to be sleeping on the sofa tonight,’ JR giggled before receiving the death stare from Baekho before he turned around and headed out the door.

 

Looking over at Ren and Minhyun, Aron dismissed them stating that he wants to have a few words with JR before he goes back the resting. This isn’t going to end well though JR, bracing himself for Aron’s wisdom.

 

Once alone Aron shut the door and took a seat next to the bed. After a minute of silence Aron spoke softly thinking of the words as they came. ‘So…what is actually going on? It can’t just be due to too much practicing, can it?’ Looking sadly into Aron eyes JR couldn’t hold the secret for ever, he had to speak and let this madness he is feeling be heard by others, maybe even helped.

 

‘Minhyun.’ From just saying that one name Aron scrunched his eyebrows trying to decipher the meaning behind it, working out how he has caused all that has happened in the last few days. Finally realising that he had no clue about how Minhyun has done this Aron swiftly shook his head ‘you will have to tell me a little more than just a name to let me help you.’

 

‘Help me!’ JR spoke, losing his mind staring straight into Aron eyes with a helpless look, ‘how could you possibly help me!’ he resorted.

 

‘Well I am full of wisdom’ Aron countered, bringing some hilarity into the dark atmosphere surrounding the two.

 

Giving in, JR burst out and rattled off what was on his mind in abnormal speed. ‘Ok, so I like Ren, and I Ren likes me but then Minhyun said he likes me but I thought he would never like be because I used to like him and now I am so ing confused on what to do.’

 

‘Ok…I didn’t catch any of that. Care to put it simpler.’ Aron answered getting more and more interested in the conversation seeing JR get more and more flustered.

 

‘So. From the beginning,’ JR started taking in a deep breath before he stated again ‘I used to like Minhyun ages ago but he never got the hint. But then recently I have fallen for Ren, which you already know, and he likes me back but then a few days ago Minhyun confessed to me.’ JR gulped, relieved that it was all in the open.

 

‘So what exactly is the problem? You like Ren, Ren likes you. Isn’t that enough?’ Aron spoke trying to get through JR’s thick thoughts.

 

‘But what about Minhyun?’ Jr replied hoping for a way out of this crazy mess he is in.

 

‘Well what about him?’ Aron stated ‘WAIT!...do you still have feeling for him?!?!?!’ he shouted gaining a kick in the knee from a distraught JR.

 

‘I…I…I don’t know. Like when he told me i felt happy but I don’t know if it was because somebody actually likes me and just confessed. But in the same time I was angry as I never knew about it before.’

 

Recovering from the kick Aron huffed and stood up, turning towards the door but stopping with his hand on the door handle replying ‘yeah, you are right, how could I possible help you.’ JR instantly regretted telling Aron as soon as he had seen the mischievous grin plastered on the boy’s face. This could only cause trouble and JR wasn’t ready for more drama or a bigger mess that could hurt everyone involved.   

   

 

 

 


Sooooooo......sorry for the HUGE wait. I had a very long time suffering from writer block. Do you forgive me? xx

This was a spare of the moment chapter which is why it is only short, sorry, but I am only just starting to get back into writing. But hopefully my chapters with get bigger and better, fingers crossed.

However I am hoping to update more if people like it and perhaps upvote it *hint hint* XP

I do have another story with exo invloved called 'Two's Company, Three's a crowd.' where Tao is new to highschool and had a few...problems of his own. So have a look if you want.  

Also I am planning on creating a new story with exo which may be a little different from what I am used to writing. I wanted to write something that I would like to read so watch out for some M content occuring.  

Thanks x