ii

Am I The Only One?

DONGHAE

 

I laughed heartily as I watched HeeChul-hyung wrap HanKyung-hyung in a feathery scarf as he tried doing y dance while singing some song I can't recall since I was too busy laughing my off. It was really endearing what my band mates did for my birthday. According to all of them, they all finished their schedules ahead of time in order to be free for today so that they can go to Mokpo and celebrate this day with me. So that explains why the dorms are always empty. But they didn't fail to mention how everything was planned out by HyukJae. My Hyukkie.

 

Looking to my side, I stared at the guy who made this day unforgettable. He's leaning behind the couch, his right arm around my waist and his other hand slapping the couch's arm as he, too, was laughing at the scene in front of us. I let my eyes wander at how adorable his gummy smile is, his single lidded eyes, the sound of his laughter, and the warmth of his body...

 

"Like what you see?" HyukJae suddenly turned his head and looked gazes with mine, before he smiled and planted a kiss on my lips slyly.

 

I smiled back at him, "I always like what I see," I whispered and he lets out a chuckle and I felt his arm tighten around my waist.

 

Before I let myself succumb to the warmness of my boyfriend, I notice a figure getting out to the balcony of the house and I raised my brown as I saw my brother motioning for me to go out for a while.

 

"Hyuk, I'd be back in a while. DongHwa-hyung's calling for me," I whispered in Hyukkie ear before I kissed his cheek.

 

"Don't take too long or I'll miss you," he whispered back before he slowly released his hold around my chest. Sending him a small smile, I stood up and went towards the balcony where my brother is already seated in one of the chairs, a can of beer in his hands and a smile painted on his face. As soon as I closed the door behind me, we were surrounded by utter silence, only the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks could be heard and the whipping of the wind against the trees.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing here? Why don't you join us?" I smiled at my brother before sitting down beside him.

 

"Nah, the guys are enjoying and I'm sure this is the only time you 13 are complete like this so I don't want to intrude," he answered before he chugged down his drink. "Happy birthday, DongHae-ah," he told me before wrapping me around his arms in a tight hug. Accepting it willingly, I hugged my brother with the same force he is giving and I can't help but recall how badly I missed him.

 

It's been like years since I was given the time to spend some alone time with my own brother, and it surely made me happy being with him like this.

 

"I missed you, hyung," I said while we released each other, but hyung placed his arm around my shoulder and made me lean against him which I complied.

 

"I missed you too, my baby brother," he replied with a chuckle and I pouted.

 

"Hyung, I'm 24. I'm not a kid anymore so please stop calling me that," I answered, still with that pout.

 

"I'd stop calling you my baby brother when you get married to that monkey boy," DongHwa-hyung said and this time we both chuckled at his answer before we were silent once again.

 

My eyes are looking forward, watching the hometown I love so much; the way the trees would bend from the wind, or the waves of the ocean, the dim night of the entire MokPo, a few people on their way home, and some students with friends talking or laughing. I missed this place. I missed my family.

 

"DongHae-ah."

 

"Yes, hyung?"

 

"You really love him, don't you? HyukJae?" he suddenly asked with a serious tone but I didn't shift from my position as i answered him with a swift, "Yes, I do."

 

Then I heard him sigh.

 

"Hyung? When are you going to introduce me to a possible sister-in-law?" I chose to ask and he lets out a chuckle.

 

"In a million years from now," he answered with a chuckle.

 

"Huh? What does that mean? How about that MinJi-noona you told me about on the phone?" I asked curiously.

 

"Oh, her? We've been over for almost a month now."

 

"Didn't you told me about her a month ago?" I asked, this time sitting straight and looking at my brother incredulously who just shrugged his shoulder and let out a small smile before drinking from his can again.

 

"DongHwa-hyung," I sighed, "you're such a player. What's the reason you broke up?"

 

"Reason? There's no reason," he said.

 

"That's not possible. I'm sure there is a reason. Come on, tell your baby brother," I crooned and this time he looked at me with a playful smile.

 

"I thought you didn't want me to call you baby brother?" he asked amusingly.

 

"Well, I'm not yet married to HyukJae, aren't I?" I answered and stuck my tongue out at him. "Just tell me, hyung."

 

He brought up a hand to ruffle my head before letting out a sigh, "Reason. Reason...hmmm, I think it's because I got tired of her?"

 

I tilted my head to the side, not getting him at all, "Got tired? How come?"

 

DongHwa-hyung looked up at the starry sky, "Don't get me wrong, alright? She was a good girl; caring and sweet. But I guess I got fed up of her antics. She gets jealous easily, and she stresses me out."

 

"I don't get you at all. Did you like her?" I asked.

 

"Of course I did. She was the best girl I dated so far," he answered.

 

"Then, why?"

 

"Because, my baby brother, no matter how much you care for the other, once the feeling of getting tired of the relationship crosses your mind, it signals the end of everything," he said and looked at me straight in the eyes. Then, he chuckles, perhaps because of the clueless and confused eyes I was showing before he ruffled my hair again, "Nevermind. You don't have to understand me, as long as you're happy with your monkey, you have nothing to worry about. And besides, I can't see you two getting tired of each other."

 

***

 

"HyukJae?" I whispered as I watch Hyuk's chest rising and falling. We got home from the dorms at arounf 2 in the morning and everybody's dead tired from the party they planned at my hometown. Now, my boyfriend and I are lying on our bed, arms tightly around each other as I wait for sleepiness invade my system.

 

"Yes, babe?" came the sleepy reply.

 

"Thank you," I whispered in his ear before planting a kiss on his lips. When I was about to part our lips, though, a hand flew right behind my back preventing me to do so and I widened my eyes as I saw HyukJae's already open ones staring at me mischievously. I felt his tongue my lower lip and I let out a small moan and he used that opportunity to slide his tiny muscle inside my mouth where he started playing with my own.

 

I started in our kiss when I felt his soft hands right under my shirt, rubbing my sides gently while he continued ravaging my mouth as if it were his favorite meal.

 

A few more seconds in that intense kiss, he finally released me and we are both panting for air.

 

"I want you, Hae," HyukJae suddenly said with his raspy voice. And I almost moaned at that when he pulled me back to bed and wrapped me around his arms once again, my head on his chest as he started smoothing my hair. "But we have less that 5 hours to sleep before we get back to our schedule and I don't want you to get tired because of me so let's just sleep," he added before planting a kiss on my forehead.

 

I smiled and kissed his neck a few times before I sighed in contentment and I can feel Hyukjae already falling asleep. My hands took hold of that ring necklace around HyukJae's neck and I stared at it, amazed at how beautiful it looked before getting the other one around my neck. I let the black and silver rings together, liking the way they just attract each other before I kissed the rings and went to sleep with Hyukjae's arms providing me that warmth and safety only him could give.

 

____________________________________________

OH MY! I UPDATED!

 

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM THAT I ACTULLY UPDATED THIS!

I'VE BEEN FRUSTRATED THAT I CAN'T THINK OF A WAY TO ADD A DHAPTER FOR THIS FIC, BUT TONIGHT IT JUST POPPED OUT OF MY MIND AND HERE IT IS!

 

HOE YOU LIKED IT.

IT'S NOT PROOFREAD SO SORRY.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.

 

PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH MY UPDATES. MY EXAMS ARE NEAR AGAIN.

 

XIE XIE

LOVELOTS