chapter 9: New Day Without Her

Yoona

 

*Hongki’s POV*

 

Hyung!!!! I jump to the icy cold river to safe Sukkie hyung. I try to swim as fast as I can but the cold water numb my muscles and make me slower and slower, I don’t know that we can reach the land or not but finally we made it!! I pull Sukkie hyung who’s losing his conscious to the river bank and start pumping his chest, trying to get some water out but it didn’t work. His face slowing turning to bluish-purple and his lips are getting paler. What should I do? I try to get over my panic mode and manage to get some help.

 

***

Hyung!!!!! His powerless body is being pushed by the nurses as soon as our ambulance reached the hospital. I hold tight to his hand as trying to shed my tears away, but the nurse stop me as the other send him away to the emergency room. My body trembles a lot, I can’t get my mind straight and I’m incredibly freezing. I sit down on the bench next to the emergency room, crouch up and start to cry myself out. Suddenly I feel a blanket is being wrap around me, I title my head and reveal a middle aged lady wrapping her blanket around my freezing cold body.

“you will die if you stay like that young man” she sit next to me while giving me that “motherly” look.

“Nae kamsahamida eommonim” nods me as wiping away my tears.

“is that your hyung? What happened to him?” she sit back and rest her head to the wall.

“He is… he was jumping to the river and I don’t know what is the exact reason… How about you eommonim? Why you are here? Are you sick?” she shakes her head as pulling out a picture from her pocket.

“My daughter… she’s been in coma for 3 months already” she watch over the picture while holding back her tears.

“Ahh I hope she’ll get well soon, but may I know what happened to her before the coma?” she fold back the picture and put it back to her pocket.

“Actually she’s not my biological daughter. That day I found her stuck between the woods in the river banks. Lucky I was there to safe her, otherwise she’ll die because of hyportemia. And starting that day I take her as my own daughter”

“I see… So where’s your real daughter? She’s not accompanying you here?” suddenly her gaze becoming so empty as she lower her head.

“She passed away a few years ago because of her cancer” dang…. Now I feel incredibly guilty to her. Why I have to ask her such a sensitive question… Ugh Hongki why you are so dumb..

“I’m so sorry eommonim…… If I knew that I won’t ask you about that” she smile a little as patting my back.

“Don’t be young man. Do you know why I adopt her as my daughter?” I shake my head as looking at her who’s now giving me her motherly look again.

“she resemble my daughter a lot. And I hope she wouldn’t mind to take me as her mother” Ahh!! I nods my head as replying her smile.

 

“Jang Geun Suk’s Family!!!” I stand up and rushed to the nurse.

“Yes, me”

“Geun Suk has gain his consciousness, you can meet him now” explain the nurse as heading me to Sukkie hyung bed.

“Hyung!! Micheoso?? What were you thinking? Killing yourself? Am I that unimportant to you?!!” he just laying there quietly as listening to all my snaps.

“Hyung!! Say something!!!”

“Did you safe Yoona? Is she alright? I want to see her” I stop Sukkie hyung who’s suddenly playing nuts, trying to get down from his bed while himself is still unstable.

“Hyung… don’t do this..” his face start to look uneasy while still trying to get down from his bed.

“she must be cold…. I should be stay by her side, I’ve promise her” tears start flowing from his eyes as he pushed me away from his way. He run down the emergency room, checking all bed hoping to find Yoona there.

“Hongki where’s she? Why she’s not here? Is the doctor moves her to normal room already? Shall we ask the doctor Hongki?” he starts to pull my hand like a kid, trying to find a doctor.

“Hyung!! Keumanhe….. she’s just a spirit hyung!!! She’s dead! Your beloved Yoona has dead long long time ago!! Go get into your mind hyung! Don’t act like this” he lower his head and sobs quietly.

“You are right… Maybe she’s back to her world” the cheerful hyung who I knew is now turning into a limp and gloomy hyung. His gaze starts to get empty as trying to accept the reality.

“I want to go with her!!” he begins to cry harder and finally pulling out the infusion on his hand.

“Hyung! Don’t be like this” nurses start coming and giving him an injection to calm his down.

“don’t worry he’ll sleep now and after he wake up I’m sure that he’ll become calmer, you can wait outside and go to the administration to set up the bills” I walk out from the room after seeing hyung fell to his sleep. I pay for all bills and buy one cup of instant noodle for myself.

 

“ppali ppali!! The patient in room 201 is dropping again” shout a nurse. A doctor and nurses start running through the corridor, one familiar lady is also running along with them. Ahhh that eommonim… oh!! I stand up from my seat and run catching them. The eommonim is standing by the window, waiting the doctor to finish the examination.

“Eommonim…. Gwenchana?” she turn her head and look at me after shedding her tears.

“she’s dropping again… I’m so afraid” I stand next to her and watching the doctor, checking through a girl who’s laying there powerlessly. I can see her brown hair covering all parts of her small face. The doctor call the lady in to talk about something, I’m still waiting by the window worrying about the eommonie. The doctor leave the room and the eommonie start to stand next to her daughter’s body, she move away the hair from her face and kiss her forehead while tearing. Wait a minute… why she looks so familiar? I left the lady with her daughter and walk back to the cafeteria, eating back the noddle that I bought before…. It’s so weird, why I feel like I’ve seen her ssomewhere…..