Second chance

Growing wings

Things are going weird way...

Things are going really really weird way...

As I'm sitting here in this hotel room, cos I've come to my univ, which is quite far from my home, million thoughs are running through my mind.

I thought that you'll never appear in front of me again...

***

Have I told you that I like multimedia classes? Well - I do... And I really like the proffesor - maybe becouse he was the one who helped me out to find that I actually want to do animation... And most likely becouse he was always believing in me and my skills even when I doubted them.

So this morning I've told that proffesor that I've left work... At first he got worried that I might lack money to finish studying, but then suddently he looked like the bulp lighted up over his head... He smiled at me and said that he has an offer for me.

And that's how I was sent to that institution that sends students overseas to have their practice there... Proffesor helped me to get whole documentation from univ - actually it was set up that only one student from each major could go... They were supposed to be reccomended by few proffesors but we had no much problems with that. My mom was kinda worried when I talked to her about this over the phone, but she understands it's a one in the milion chance.

The 1st meeting with choosen students was supposed to be today. So right after my classes I found the place I was about to go on Google Maps and went that destination. The buliding seemed old... It kinda reminded me the way my high school looked like, so it made me sentimental. I've opened the heavy door and when I wanted to close them someone holded them. I looked back and at that moment I got stoned.

His smile haven't changed at all... I wonder if he remembers me...

Ahhh... I need to explain to you. Back in high scholl I was in love. It was silly love for a guy who I've seen on the day when I've brough my documents while applying for the school... He entered the buliding right after me and there was a slight moment when we've smiled to each other... Later on I ended up falling for him even though I've talked with him for maybe three times in total for all high school... I must admit I was kinda obsessed with him - he was in different class so I spend time with his classmates to be nearby... I made myself look 'cool' and I've turned my style to suit his... But I had no courage to do anything about my feelings.

And now he is standing right in front of me, similing... After 4 years since we've finished high school... Maybe it's a second chance?

I gathered all my coolnes gathered for last years and smiled back at him. I'm more than sure that he didn't recognize me... First of all - I've changed. Besides he never paid any attention to me, so he rather didn't memorized my face.

"Hello" - he has said - "Are you here for the international exchange program?"

"Yes" - I've nodded with the smile.

"Should we go?" - he has asked and I've nodded again. I don't have to tell you my heart was going crazy back then, right?

So we were going through the corridor together... But then someone bumped into me and that caused me to drop all the documents I've been holding in my hand and they flew all over the floor. I started to gather them and he bowed down to help me. Together we managed to do it quite fast. He bowed down to pick up the last paper... He looked at it, then at me and then once again at it and then he's said:

"It's you!"

There was no point of hiding the fact that we've met before - "Long time no see..." - I've said quietly, placing my eyes somewhere on the floor.

"I can't believe we meet again! You've changed a lot" - he said - "You are even prettier than before"

My mind screamed "WTH? I MUST HAVE HEARD IT WRONG, RIGHT?!" But I had no chance to answer him cos someone came to pick us and take us to the meeting.

I thought that the amount of emotions for one day was enough... Oh how I was wrong.

Becouse I qualified for the exchange... He qualified too (he's studing medicine, you know?)... And... We are going to the same country... To South Korea.

I'm going to Seoul next month already... I'll be able to see them... My mind cannot cope with it by now...

As we were walking out of the room he catched my arm to stop me.

"Give me your number" - he said with a smile - "I think we'll be spending much time together from now, so we should get to know each other better"

My heart was doing backflips as I was typing down my number on his phone... Then we had to say out goodbyes... And now I'm here at hotel.

 

I must admit that writing it all down here wasn't the first thing I've done after reaching the room. You see... There's someone...  A very good friend... 

He's only my pen friend though - it was around the time of my birthday last December that he has written to me on twitter... He has written that we have similar birthdate and interests so he thought that we might become friends when we need someone to talk with... At first I was kinda sceptic about it but then we grew really attached to each other. Ah! And he is also from South Korea but he never told me from what part of the country...

One thing is suspicious- he is writting only with me... But he explained that he is using other ways to contact rest of his friends. I might be silly but I've choosen to trust him.

And he was the one to hear today's story.

And as always he understood me...

***

"I'm happy that you are finally happy..."

Sad smile appeared on his face when he wrote it to the girl, for whom he was willing to stay all the night up... He didn't ever understood himself, why has he started this all, but at some point she appeared to him as someone who he wants to get to know... Someone who he'd like to get inspired by... 

Seeing her happy over some other guy felt kinda bittersweet - she was happy, that's what he wanted... But then...

He was wishing he could tell her the truth... Yet he knew he can't.