REVIEW

What Do You See?

So I thought I'd be brave and get this story reviewed ^^

Thank you to anniekhun and JoyJinn for their help!

Take a look and let me know what else I can do to improve! Drop a comment and let me know your thoughts and what you think!


Title: What Do You See?

Author: creexs2

Brief description of story: An inside look into the lives of the SHINee boys through the perspective of their manager.

Genre: (romance comedy, tragedy etc.) real life; angst
 _________________________________________________________________________________________

Title: 3/5.

It was creative, but the type of title that wouldn’t attract a whole lot of attention, slightly generic, I think? After reading the description it was much more clear what the title was aiming at.

Poster: 5/5.

You didn’t have a poster but you had pictures at the top of each chapter. Which I definitely enjoyed looking at. Key’s picture was beautiful :). The poster also was a great introduction into each chapter, so that was an added bonus. (One point for each picture! :D)

Description/Forward: 10/10.

Absolutely incredible. The description and foreword are one of the best ones I’ve ever read. The whole description was very intense, but the last line just wrapped everything up for me. I like how you had quotes from the members in the foreword.

Originality: 8/10.

It was quite an original idea – there aren’t many stories with it from the POV of the manager. But there are a few, and the idea of looking into SHINee’s lives from backstage has been around for quite some time now. It’s like the backstage life of SHINee at an angle, so you didn’t get full points from that. But I liked how you didn’t focus on the mushy stuff, instead you focused on who they were, so that was good. :)

Plot: 15/20.

It wasn’t really a plot as a short insight into each member. If you define plot as a storyline in a story, then you didn’t really have one. I gave you 15 because I liked the insight into the members’ lives – that was your story basis. I loved how you saw deeper and incorporated aspects of their real life into the story as well – like the Dream Team injury, Jonghyun’s scandal – that was very smoothly incorporated. There was no story kind of plot, it was like a mini-biography of them, not of SHINee, but of Lee Jinki, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, Choi Minho and Lee Taemin.

Flow: 7/10.

Flow was good. I gave you 7 because some parts were a bit choppy, some sentences a bit too short, and some repeated sentences. The flow in general was good, but some bits were a bit weird. I couldn’t tell if you were trying to talk to the readers, but flow in general was pretty good. It was also a bit too ‘heavy’ sometimes.

Character/Detail: 8/10.

This story was focused on the characters, an in-depth observation, so 10 out of 10. It was amazing how in-depth you made it, and the characters were developed very well. I liked the fact that you put in aspects from their public personalities into the story and dissected it – it’s probably one of the best stories I’ve read on the characters and how their on-stage personality affected their personal lives.

Grammar: 18/20.

You would’ve gotten full marks except for one area! It was your foreword – you missed some full stops. I’m an absolute stickler for grammar, so I’m sorry, but that was one point. The other point came from Chapter 1 – “…when the last 5th member…”. That didn’t make much sense. I know what you meant to say, probably something along the lines of “when the fifth and last member”, but maybe you just got confused? A couple of missed commas here and there, but overall great grammar!

Style of Writing: 9/10.

I liked your style of writing, but it was too long sometimes, too many paragraphs, too many excess words. It’s the kind of writing style that you have to think after you read, and sometimes it’s actually easier to write something light with a deeper meaning, hm?

Total: 83/100. Yay! You got an A!  :)

General Comments:

I liked the story in general, and I’d probably read another one of your stories! Pretty good in general! Don’t forget to request again! Thanks for requesting!