Part 5

Crossing That Bridge
The next morning is a surprise for more than one reason: 1) Jaeseop is still outside Kiseop's doorstep, head bent lazily against the concrete finishing of the wall and 2) Kiseop swears he looks absolutely endearing- not quite an angel, but a stray cat maybe
 
He bends down, jabbing a finger into the other's cheek, "Jaeseop wake up."
 
Nothing.
 
So he tries again- but not without a pout and an indignified huff- pressing his index finger lightly into the side of the doctor's face, all the while watching the man's face distort much to his humor.
 
Still nothing.
 
Amused, Kiseop attempts at one last approach. He isn't too sure why. Perhaps it's a little too early. Perhaps he hasn't quite got his head screwed on right. Perhaps his mind's still a little blurry from yesterday's tears. 
 
But for whatever reason, Kiseop leans in and briefly places the unmarred flesh of his lips against Jaeseop's still warm cheek. And in all the euphoria he feels inside in its aftermath, he half expects the man to awaken to his touch.
 
But he doesn't even stir.
 
Still, Kiseop is hardly disappointed in the least. He likes to dramatically believe he is- pouts and all left in his tow- but as he departs down the all too familiar road, he unconsciously wears the flesh-tight mask of purity and bliss. And he realizes that, this too, will have been another first for him.
 
It's the first time in a while that he's felt like this.

 

Jaeseop's day is strange for more than one reason: 1) When he awoke on the cold hard ground in the morning sunshine, he could swear he saw Kiseop's disappearing frame- though he is also half-convinced that maybe it is he that needs a psychiatrist- and 2) The fact that the chaser has now become the chased.
 
Jaeseop sits legs folded, eyes blinking in masked surprise at the sight of Lee Kiseop in all his glory. He doesn't look different- wearing his normal extravagant fashion, paired with a blank expression- but he certainly feels different, and that leaves Jaeseop to ponder what "different" is.
 
It's Kiseop that speaks first with a shrug and a poor try at dismissive attitude.
 
"Okay, I'll let you try. I don't think you'll succeed, but I don't have anything to lose. At least, after this, you'll know that it's no use." 
 
Jaeseop blinks- once, twice, thrice. His mind has been reduced to a lanky hamster, running on its badly constructed wheel.
 
"O-Oh." Is the only thing he manages, nodding shortly after as he bears holes into Kiseop's soul. However, the other only sighs and turns towards the door. And Jaeseop supposes that would have been normal depressed-Kiseop behavior if he hadn't caught the ghost of a smile gracing the boy's lips.
 
Now that- that was something. But not only because it was an improvement, but because for a good half a minute, it blows Jaeseop's mind.
 
It takes Jaeseop another half a minute, a sip of his much-too-strong coffee, and a good pinch on the arm to break out into a grin and yell out, "Kiseop-ah, you're a horrible liar." 
 
He arises from his desk, striding over to find flushed pink and bright wide eyes staring back into his own dark orbs, and he finds that he likes the feeling the sight of that face brings him- the wave of warmth down his entire being, the banging in his head and chest. 
 
"I-I, uh..." Kiseop turns sour, transforming from pink to red hues as his lips form an embarrassed half-pout, half-frown. And in Jaeseop's mind, Kiseop becomes the epitome of all that is adorable and teasable.
 
Kiseop, however, is less than amused and in all his embarrassment and hurry, he trips over everything imaginable and hurdles to the floor like a meteor, only to earn himself a fit of uncontrollable psychiatrist laughter. 
 
He's somewhere between cursing himself to the dark pits of hell and hoping a hole would open up underneath him and swallow him whole, when Jaeseop reaches out a hand and pulls him up from the ground.
 
"Cute."
 
Kiseop freezes, feeling his heart flip flop. He bites his tongue, gaze glued to the floor, and Jaeseop laughs again.
 
The day is a strange surprise for more than one reason: 1) Kiseop can't seem to stop that incessant smile that creeps on whenever he's around Jaeseop and 2) Jaeseop is half-convinced that he's in like.
 
He ends the day with a single thought: "Just leave everything to me Kiseop-ah. I promise."
 
Jaeseop promises.