Warming Up

Housemating with a Vampire

Thump....?!........?!?!?!??!?!?

What is wrong with my heart?! It just went thump!!

I look back at L.Joe-ssi's smiling face but this time he had a scowl on, I was confused. 

A girl walked up to him and twirl her finger on his chest, he gave her a glare and she quickly walked off. 

"L.Joe-ssi, that is mean to do." I said quietly behind him.

"Well I don't think you would like someone you don't know coming up to you with a look that says 'get in the bed with me', would you?" He turned around, his smile was gone. 

"No, but there is no need to glare at her. You can just polietely say something." I said even quieter. 

"Okay, I'm sorry." He said and patted my head like a little kid. 

"Hey, don't mind him. L.Joe's like that." Chunji-ssi said when L.Joe-ssi left. 

"Do you know him?" I asks. 

"Um... you can say we were really close friends, almost like a brother. But then stuff happened." He said with a very lovey tone.

Did something happen between them like, Chunji-ssi fell for L.Joe-ssi but then got rejected or is it the other way around? I started to make up scenerios in my head. 

"Don't get a misunderstanding, we're not gay." Chunji-ssi said. 

"How did you know I was thinking about that?" I asks. 

"Hehe, that's a secret. Oh, try not to blush too hard." He said, I was confused. 

"Okay." I said, I watch Chunji-ssi walk over to L.Joe-ssi and giving him a pat on the back, but then L.Joe-ssi gave him a cold look and shook off Chunji-ssi's hand. Chunji-ssi laughed while L.Joe-ssi scowled.

"Oh, hyung!" two boys came in from the door and the girls in class sqealed. 

"Ricky, Changjo meet L.Joe, he's new." Niel-ssi said gesturing to L.Joe-ssi who gave them a nod. 

"Did he skip a grade? Is he supposed to be in our grade 'cause he's so short." Changjo-ssi said, L.Joe-ssi's face darkened a little vein on his neck popped out. 

"No, kiddo. I'm older than you. I will beat up your sorry little if you say short again." L.Joe-ssi threatened. 

"Whoa calm down there, sunshine." Mr. Kang's head showed up by the doorway. "Does it take you kids that long to get arranged?"

"Yes." C.A.P-ssi said. 

"C.A.P get off the desk, can't you see someone's trying to get their desk back?" C.A.P-ssi turned around and saw Lucy-ssi trying to her desk. Lucy-ssi was a really pretty girl but she's queit, she's not mute it's just that she's half American and the other girls hate her for being the prettiest out of the sophomore grade. 

"Oh, sorry Lucy." C.A.P-ssi said as he scatch his head sheepisly while having a little tint of red on his cheeks. 

"It's okay." Lucy-ssi said as she picked up her desk.

"Let me help you." C.A.P-ssi said and picked up her desk. She gave him a graditute nod.

"Thank you, C.A.P." She said queitly.

"You can call me Minsoo." He said.

"Do you feel something?" Ricky-ssi said next to me.

"What?" I asks.

"Them." Chunji-ssi pointed over to Lucy-ssi and C.A.P-ssi.

"I think C.A.P-ssi likes Lucy-ssi." I said.

"Bingo!" Niel-ssi said.

"He isn't going anywhere with her." L.Joe-ssi said.

"How would you know L.Joe-ssi?" I asked.

"Just call me L.Joe already. I just do." He said. 

"L.Joe-ssi, you might never know if Lucy-ssi changes her feelings." I said.

"Humans are so complicated." He said and Chunji-ssi nodded with him. 

"Uh, why are you saying humans when you guys are human? Wait, are you guys secrectly an alien?" Niel-ssi said. 

"There is no such thing as aliens." L.Joe-ssi said. 

"QUIT TALKING AND MOVE THE DESK!!!" Mr. Kang yelled. I moved my desk to the right spot with L.Joe-ssi helping me. Then he casually sat down on the seat next to me. 

"Uh, that's my desk." someone said. 

"Sorry dude, go get another desk." 

"Ugh, blondies now a days." He said and walked off. 

 

Right after ten minutes of class L.Joe-ssi fell asleep. I scribble down all the notes that Mr. Kang wrote on the board. Mr. Kang noticed that L.Joe-ssi was sleeping, he moved his way over here. I quickly shook L.Joe-ssi but he didn't wake up. 

"Yah, L.Joe." Mr. Kang yelled right in L.Joe-ssi ear. He stirred but did not wake up. Mr. Kang used five minutes to wake up L.Joe-ssi, who made way to the board and solved all the problems with out second looking at it. 

"Lucky guess, hpmh!" Mr. Kang said and let L.Joe-ssi back to his seat. 

"L.Joe-ssi, next time please don't fall asleep." I said. 

"Oh. Call me L.Joe or don't talk to me." He said and prop his chin on his palm and stare at the board with a bored expression. 

"L-L.Joe, here's the notes." I said and handed him my notes just in case he don't know something.

"It's okay, I know these stuff at the very top of my head." He started drawing something. 

"Oh." I said and continued taking notes. 

"Hey talk to me." He said. 

"I'm sorry, but this is the important part." I said and wrote down the notes furiously. 

"Aish." He said and snatch my notebook and pen. He started writing something in there. After he was done he handed the notebook back to me. 

"Here you have all the notes now, now talk to me." He said. 

"I-I don't know what to talk about." I said flipping though the pages, everything in there was what Mr. Kang writing down. 

"Well, I want to know why are you so polite to everyone." 

"Because, my daddy told me that you have to make a good impression to the people that you just met." 

"Well you met me already so why are you so nice and polite still?" 

"Um... because I don't know you that well yet, and you're a bit intimidating." I said, he raised his eyebrow and smirked. 

"Me? Intimidating?" 

"Well yeah, I mean when I first saw you I thought you were some robot freak, and scary hottie, and dude. When you first talk to me I thought you were spitting ice at me. And the big house makes it worse 'cause what if I forgot to pay you the rent one day and then you pay mafias to get me?" I stopped myself when I realized I was rambling random stuff. I turned towards L.Joe and found him smiling in amusement.

"You thought I was a robot freak, scary hottie, and dude? You thought I was hot?"

"Yeah, you had like a whole bunch of robots at your feet and you were glaring at me when we first met, and you were half ! How can I not find you scary, and I'm not answering the second question." I said, I was talking to L.Joe with out all the politeness. It felt kind of good to be honest. 

"I was in a bad mood that day." He said and smiled. "I guess you're warming up to me." 

I didn't say anything but blushed. 

"Yah, the couple over there. Please pay attention to the board and not to each other." Mr. Kang said as he pointed to us with a chalk. 

"Aigoo, Kr. Kang don't get so mad just because Ms. Kim doesn't notice you." L.Joe tease the teacher. Instead of getting mad, Mr. Kang pulled back a witty comeback. 

"I guess you're warming up too. Like seriously." I said. 

"You can say that." He smiled again. 

"You know you look better when you smile." 

"Huh, I thought you thought I was a hottie." He teased, I blushed. 

"Please don't blush." He said and quickly coverd his mouth. He shot his hand up in the air. 

"Yes, Mr. L.Joe?"

"Restroom." He said and quickly got up. 

"Not so fast." Mr. Kang said. "First tell me why are you going. Don't tell me you started thinking lewd stuff about your girlfriend here." 

"Puke." He said and quickly ran out. 

"Ssaem, I'll go check on him." Chunji-ssi shot out of his seat and ran after L.Joe.