Mess Ups and Downs

Skinship Abnormalities: the SHINing series

 

“Why do you assume I messed them up?” I was perturbed Eunhyuk-ssi automatically thought I messed up rehersal. Even though I did…but that’s besides the point, here. The point is he was jumping to conclusions. “Mianhae, JooRi, I know. Such a sweet girl, how could you possibly mess up someone’s rehersal?” Eunhyuk-ssi said sarcastically. “That atitude is the reason I don’t call you oppa.” I muttered. He gasped, freigning hurt. Donghae oppa chuckled. “See, I knew she liked me better.” Donghae oppa continued to chuckle at the face Eunhyuk-ssi was making.

We were walking down the hall to the room Super Junior was in. Terrified as I was, with Donghae oppa and Eunhyuk-ssi with me…well, it couldn’t be too bad. Could it? I walked in, and all the idols I just saw…they were back. Most of them. Well, all of Super Junior. Which was jus terrifying because theres about 500 of them…okay, there’s like 13. Maybe. Unless I start opening doors and more just appear, I’m couting 13.

“JooRi-ssi!” The all stopped everything they had been doing and looked at me. What the hell? I’m not scary. Okay, yes I can be, but they don’t know that yet…do they? I glared at Eunhyuk, what had he been telling them about me? “Annyeonghaeseyo…” I bowed politely, not making eye contact. “We’ve heard so much about you from Donghae and Eunhyuk, it’s nice to finally meet you.” Kyuhyun bowed back. “Ah! Mianhaeyo for ruining your recording session!” I bowed to him, 3 times. “Arasso, it’s fine. Don’t worry.” Kyuhyun smiled. I felt Eunhyuk and Donghae on either side of me. “Eunhyuk-ssi, what are we going to do today?” I asked him. “Super Junior has a recording today, so I thought you should come and watch.” Eunhyuk stated. “Arasso, that sounds fun.” I nodded. “You should sing along with us!” Donghae said excitedly.  “Uh…oh…no, no..i couldn’t…” I stumbled over words. “Yes, you could.” Kyuhyun smiled…I guess that smile is why Eunhyuk-ssi calls him the “evil maknae”.

“Sure! You’d do great!” Leetuek stepped forward. My eyes went wide. Before I had become a trainee, I had listened to my share of KPOP, Super Junior being one of the groups I listened to. Eunhyuk and Donghae being my trainers had been a heaven sent gift for me. But Leetuek had always been my bias of the group. He’s way too old for me, I know that, but I still love him. That complement he just gave me, it sent me into hysterics…inside my mind, and I wouldn’t let them show on the outside. On the outside I was calm and polite and smiling only slightly. But if you saw what I wanted to do…you would be scared.

They went into the recording room, of course, they made me come in and sit. So I sat in the corner on the floor and watched them. They were amazing! I wish I could be like that someday. Kyuhyun and Leetuek called me over towards them. Donghae and Eunhyuk were watching, I could feel their gazes. I was hesitant to go over because Kyuhyun had been the one to wave me over but then Leetuek smiled at me and mouthed ‘come on’ and all my reservation was thrown to the wind. Kyuhyun gave me his head set and showed me what to sing. I would be singing along with Leetuek. The thought thrilled me and I obliged Kyuhyun and started singing. But I tried to hit one of Kyuhyun’s lower notes and my voice broke. I stood frozen, unable to sing, unable to look at anyof them. Tears formed in my eyes and I ran out. The door slamed shut behind me and I sprinted down the hall. I found the recording studio from this morning, I walked in and I sat down in the sound room.

 I was hiding from everyone and crying. I heard the door to the front room open and I held my breath. I peeked through the glass to see SHINee. Oh no! They’re going to find me. I thought in disstress. Something happened, but they opened the door and Leetuek stood there. I ducked down again. What was he doing here? I heard the door close again. I peeked out the window again and I only saw Jonghyun, the rest of the SHINee members must have left with Leetuek. Jonghyun was setting things up, plugging in different wires and pressing buttons. It was evident that I would be found, so I didn’t even try to hide.  He opened the door and there I was, sitting there, with tears streaming down my face, looking up at him. Jonghyun looked calm at first, I think that’s when the situation actually hit him because he then looked very shocked.

“What are you doing here?!” He asked me. “Nothing.” I looked away from him. But my voice hiccuped as I spoke, so it came out as “No-UH ah-thing”. Stupid voice, stupid tears, stupid hiccup. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He squatted down next to me. I shook my head, continuing to look away. He forcefully pulled my face toward his, my eyes lingered off to the side for a moment before moving to look at him directly. “Something’s wrong. Why else would you be crying?” He asked. I wasn’t the type to pour my heart and soul out to random strangers, so I stayed quiet. “You’re being immature.” He sighed, his tone was a bit annoyed. “Fine.” He said curtly, standing up and starting towards the door. Probably to get Leetuek and the SHINee members back. “Wait!” I grabbed the fringe of his shirt, “Just let me hide here, pretend I’m not here.” I looked at the floor and then up at him. He nodded solemnly and sat down behind the mic after closing the sound door. Jonghyun started singing…

…and in that moment I fell in love…with his voice.

When he finished the song, he looked at me. “So you finally want to tell me what happened?” He asked. “i-I…” I stammered and looked down, “I was singing with the Super Junior oppas…and my voice cracked…” He looked at me in disbelief, “That’s it? You got upste over that?” Jonghyun’s voice was more than a little ticked off. “’That’s it?’ How the hell do you feel when you mess up? You feel like ! Everyone does! You can’t tell me that when you mess up you’re completely fine with it.” I shot back at him. “No.” He said. I smiled in triumph. “But I never mess up.” Jonghyun finished smugly. “You are a nassicistic bastard.” I stood up, “You’re telling me you never mess up? What if the one person you love, what if they’re right next to you, this close,” I got up in his face, “are you telling me you would be able to stay calm and NOT mess up?”

 

Jjong’s POV

“You’re telling me you never mess up? What if the one person you love, what if they’re right next to you, this close,” she got in my face, “are you telling me you would be able to stay calm and NOT mess up?” For some reason, my heart beat a little faster. Whatever, I blew it off. I’m pissed at her, she’s getting all angry, I’m just getting angry as well. “Sing Jonghyun.” She growled. “What?” I asked completely puzzled. “Sing. Let’s see if you mess up.” She took the seat beside me and pulled it closer…she was in my face again. My heart beat skipped and then picked up pace again. I could feel my face heat up. I started singing…



 

Jynx-ez note:

Sorry for taking so long to update!!! I've had some pretty nasty writer's block for this story. But I got an idea from Mickey [mysharona626] and I'm good to goooo....♥