✝ chapter one: Welcome to Cross Academy

✝ Cross Academy

"Say ahhh~"

"Argh no way!"

"Oh," the headmaster pouted, looking up over his glasses in a cute way that did not befit his age at all. "Akito-chan say ahhh."

Akito screwed up his face and tried to resist the kicked puppy look that his father was giving him. But he was futile and he still gave up, opening his mouth slightly and getting the entire cake pop shoved in his mouth.

"Yay!" Takashi clapped happily. "Your turn now Kei, say ahh~"

"Ahhh," Kei grinned, opening his mouth wide and Takashi delightedly fed his 'daughter' a cake pop. "Terr gudd!" Kei said brightly, muffled by the amount of cake in his mouth, clearly seen through his bulging cheeks, like a chipmunk.

"They are aren't they? Otou-chan made them all by himself!" Takashi laughed taking a cake pop himself.

"When did you get the time to make them?" Akito asked, grudgingly admitting to himself they were good. They were chocolate covered chocolate cake on a stick with sprinkles. It was glorious candy! Kei of course, liked it because it was junk food, he liked any junk food. Akito rolled his eyes, his brother was too easy to please.

"More more more!" Kei said brightly, slapping his hands against the table to create some sort of suspense. Takashi cooed at the adorable-ness of one of his adopted sons, bringing out an entire box of cake pops.

"Here Kei-chan! Have as much as you want!" Takashi declared dramatically. He took out the cake pops quickly and one by one, shoved them into Kei's hands. "Take them all!" He shoved another three in Kei's mouth and Akito couldn't hold back the small smile at the sight Kei made. Three cake pops in Kei's mouth and another bouquet in Kei's hands.

"You look like a pig," Akito said, Kei glaring half-heartedly at the other male before attempting to eat them all.

A knock sounded at the door and Takashi stood up to answer it. "Ah Suhou!" Takashi could be heard exclaiming from the hallway and instantly, Kei attempted to make himself look presentable, even with the amout of dessert in his mouth.

"I'm sorry did I come at a bad time?" Suhou said, dressed in his white uniform already as it was soon time for the Night Class to go to class.

"S-Suhou-senpai!" Kei stuttered, only it came out more like 'soooh-shenpa'. Kei blushed a bright red at having been seen in such an undignified way by his crush whom he had crushed on for quite a long time.

Suhou smiled gently, chuckling at Kei's antics. "Hello Kei. And you too Akito."

Akito shot Suhou one of his patented glares which didn't seem to work as well on Suhou as it did on Kei. "Suhou, would you like some dinner?" Takashi bustled back into the room from who knows where he was.

Akito stood up loudly, his chair screeching back and clattering to the floor. He slammed his palm onto the table, glaring angrily down before looking back up and with a stiffly controlled voice, he said: "I'm not hungry. I won't be eating dinner today." And then he left swiftly, the front door slamming shut and leaving behind a heavy silence.

Kei stared after his brother with an upset expression before turning back to Suhou. "I'm sorry for Akito's behaviour. He's so prejudiced!" 

Suhou patted Kei gently on the head, standing up. "That's very kind of you headmaster but I am not here for a casual visit. If I could speak to you in private?"

"Ah." The warm smile melted off the headmaster's face to be replaced with a serious expression. "Well then, let's discuss this in the study. Kei, this might take a while so you can start eating if you want. You have to be done in half an hour for your disciplinary committee duties. Eat well!" Takashi smiled before gesturing Suhou through a door, closing it soundlessly and leaving Kei in an equally silent room.

Kei dropped his head and sighed before looking up, picking up his chopsticks and starting to eat. He'd be damned if he let eating dinner alone get in the way of anything.

Outside, sitting high on on a tree branch was, you guessed it, Tsukimori Ringo. Only he hardly looked like a guy. In fact, with his camera held up to his eye and his finger non-stop pressing the button, he looked like a girl. He wore a black skirt in place of the black pants of the male uniform, knee-length white socks with black lace-ups. Instead of the red tie of the male uniform, he wore a red ribbon and with a blonde wig on that had side-swept bangs, had ringlets and barely grazed his shoulder blades, he looked like the part.

As he lifted the camera away to flick through the photos, he even had make-up on, not his usual 'natural make-up' (which consisted of BB cream layered incredibly thick, brown eyeshadow to make his eyelid creases seem deeper, eyeliner to make his eyes bigger and lip gloss to make his lips seem more pink and rosy), but made-up like a girl. And frankly, he looked quite good in painted cheeks with a sweet pink lipstick, eyeshadow, cat-eye lined eyes, false eyelashes, mascara and...circle lenses.

"How dare that Kei get so close to my Suhou-sama," Ringo gritted out from a clenched jaw, hands trembling in anger as he stalked one of his favourite objects of photos in the windows of the headmaster's house. Less a house, more like an isolated wing of the Sun Dormitory which was not accessible internally. He sighed when Suhou disappeared into a room with curtains drawn, looking through the camera lens to see if there was anyone else worth stalking.

There was! Oh he had found him! Suhou was a beautiful man yes he was, but there was only one person that Ringo thought of as more beautiful. "Eiji-sama!" Ringo would have screamed if it weren't for the fact that he really wasn't supposed to be there. So he settled for silently fan-boying of the idol's beauty.

Sugiyama Eiji and Busujima Komuro were stationed in front of the door that led to the headmaster's wing. The former leaned against the wall, staring up at the sky with his hands in his pocket while the latter stood in a less casual stance, one that was more alert.

"What business does Suhou-sama have with the headmaster?" Eiji frowned, sulky at having woken up early and being outside while it was still sort of bright.

"Business which is not ours to know," Komuro calmly stated, folding his arms and standing there like a guy who had grown much accustomed to this sort of position.

"Of course," Eiji conceded, still remaining against the wall but his eyes were more alert now instead of sleepy. He was going to prove to Suhou that he was more loyal that Komuro!

Komuro himself found it adorable, the dedication that Eiji had to his 'Suhou-sama'. It was something that wasn't seen all that often anymore and it was depressing that it wasn't. "Oh, Eiji, is there any particular reason why your family, the Sugiyamas are throwing a ball?" Komuro asked casually, eyes roaming around for non-existent danger instead of looking at the younger when he spoke. It wasn't see as rude but merely protocol.

"No," Eiji said, voice dull and his face visibly sagged from that mention. Eiji's upbringing was not as blessed as Komuro's. His parents were cold towards him and always busy as they rightfully were, his father being the Head of the Vampire Council. His wife of course, was expected to participate in the society that the women held, and aritocratic women gatherings weren't as lovely as their facade.

"Father simple wants to show off again, I guess," Eiji sighed, dropping his head. "And talk to Suhou-sama about some things I guess. He doesn't tell me."

"I see," Komuro said mildly. "I shall attend if Suhou-sama does."

"I know," Eiji frowned glaring at Komuro. "I'm not an idiot. You've done that for every other ball we've had. The only ones you attend are ones that you are forced to since Suhou-sama doesn't attend any. I do not understand why, he is clearly more powerful than the rest, why does he choose to hide?"

"Careful Eiji," Komuro warned. "Don't overstep your boundaries. It does no good to ask so many questions."

***************************

Meanwhile, a certain two students were in the library. It was obvious without even looking at them or being given any hints who they were, the library seemed to be condemned ground for all the rest.

"Ryou-kun," Yasuhiro Kin asked, frowning as he scribbled figures onto his gridbook. "How do you differentiate this?"

Yamasaki Ryou looked silently up from the book that he had been reading with a frown on his face. "What?" He said, harsher than usual.

Kin flinched at the tone but turned the maths textbook around and indicated with his pointed the question he was referring to. "This one. Question twelve."

"Differentiate y equals e to the power of two x squared plus four x plus eight. It's just differentiating an exponential equation," Ryou said, leaning back, placing his reading glasses back on and picking up his book again.

"Yes, I figured that it was an exponential equation. But I forgot how to differentiate that," Kin pleaded, holding his hands together in a begging form.

Ryou didn't even look up from his book as he answered. "If y equals to e to the power of f(x), then f'(x) equals to e to the power of f(x) times the derivative of f(x). The exponential is not affected by differentiation."

"Wow..." Kin said in awe, hastily writing down what the best student that the academy had ever had said, highlighting it in a bright yellow. "This is year twelve stuff, how do you know this?"

"Some people study, like me. Some people don't," Ryou simple said, the 'like you' hanging in the air unsaid. The look on Kin's face instantly threw itself off a cliff, falling and he physically wilted.

"Right...I'm sorry for disturbing your study then," Kin bowed his head to his junior, a silence falling over the duo again.

"Sorry boys," the librarian walked up to them, a middle-aged woman, in her fifties or sixties. She knew the two very well because they came here often. But she also knew the rules. "The library is now closed to day class students. Please return to your dormitories, you have let's see...ten minutes before curfew and it is a bit of a stretch of road."

School usually started at nine in the morning and ended at five in the evening. Dinner was at six, the night class lessons started at seven. All day class students had to be out of the school building by quarter to seven and in their dormitories by quarter past seven. It was a strict curfew but necessary.

"Yes ma'am," Kin nodded packing up his things instantly. He pulled the lids off the ends of his pen, returning them to their original position, unclicking his ballpoints and zipping up his pencil case. "Ryou?"

"Wait, just give me a second..." Ryou held up a hand eyes quickening their speed as they zoomed across the page. "Okay." He closed his books, put the booklets back into their plastic sleeves in their folders and closed the rings of his binder.

"Thank you for having us," Kin bowed politely, Ryou echoing it in a way that ensured that he wouldn't slip up. He was just copying someone else after all.

The librarian smiled patting both boys on the head as they left. The two walked out in a comfortable silence. Outside the wind was picking up a bit and they shivered, drawing their jackets closer around their bodies. The sun was setting and Kin paused to look at the orange streaks across the sky.

"If you don't hurry we're going to miss curfew," Ryou drawled, Kin rolling his eyes with his back to the school's top student but catching up anyway. They walked some more down the bridge that connected the school. The grounds were basically completely a forest. The school building was quite a few floors high and the ground floor, the main entrance was connected to two pathways. One that led to the Sun Dormitory and one that led to the Moon Dormitory, fashioned like a V. However because the grounds that the slanted downwards and the pathways were completely horizontal, it created a gap thus becoming bridges.

"Is that Tsukimori?" Ryou said as they neared the entrance. A little blonde head was in the trees and as he moved his gaze down, he could see three figures clothed in the white of the Night Class.

"Oh god what on earth is he doing," Kin said in disbelief, horror etched on his face. He sighed, he didn't know why he was still friends with the younger. Right, family friends. He pushed open the door quickly, heading up the stairs quickly.

"Ryou!" Kei exclaimed. He was waiting in the entrance hallway instantly launching himself at his best friend when he appeared. "I need help. Desperately. Help me! Give me your brains!"

"Zombie much," Ryou muttered, with a fond roll of his eyes. "But you have your prefect duties in five minutes. It's quarter to seven. Don't your duties start at ten to?"

"Disciplinary committee," Kei corrected. "Not prefect."

"Whatever."

"But you're right I do," Kei nodded, tapping his finger with a chin. "Where's Akito then...help me later Ryou!" He waved as he disappeared out the door, pulling the red armband up and hollering the Akito's name loudly through the courtyard.

He best quicken up the stairs. The boys and girls dormitory were in the same building but different wings and quite efficiently separated. However they shared the same entrance hall, and soon there would be stampede from the fangirls desperate to see the Night Class. Ryou wanted to survive another day thank you very much.


I'm so sorry for the late update! I literally had all of this written except the ending the day after I released the last teaser but I just couldn't find a way to end it. So I made a pretty crappy one I'm so sorry about that! The first few chapters will be pretty heavily based upon the manga plotline and I might focus in Kei, Akito and Suhou too much but after I establish some sort of grounds, there will be more interesting and equal stuffs!