Chapter 2

Forgotten Season

 

“Here’s your timetable.”

 

I received the pink slip of paper from the receptionist, and scanned through my modules for the first semester.

Not bad, I hope. At least there are quite a number of breaks in between, I thought.

Since there is time before my first lecture on Modern Languages begins, I decided to explore the school campus for a little while by finding my way towards the cafeteria first.

The only thing I could only think of at that moment was food and only food. Well, it was a blessing that no matter how much I eat, I could never get fat. Same goes to my brother too I think.

I placed the flimsy sheet of my timetable into a clear folder of mine I was carrying, as I began searching for any directions to the campus cafeteria. Suddenly, out of nowhere, high-pitched screams were heard.  It scared the hell out of me at that moment, and as I regained my composure, I managed to search and look at the direction where the screams came from.

A large crowd of female students were seen crowding around a particular someone. As they make way for that someone to walk through, I could vaguely see the person in view.  All I could make out was that he was a guy with quite well-defined shoulder blades, with a height of about 180cm and… That’s all. Well, blame the dry contact lenses that I was wearing at that time. 

As I was just turning around to make my exit, a girl – with her hair tied up in a bun, appeared from nowhere beside me. 

 

“Hi! My name’s Haerin! What’s yours? I presume you’re a new student here too, no?” she questioned me, exhibiting an aura of hyper-activeness.

 

“Yes, I’m a new student here. My name’s _____. Nice to meet you! You’re a new student too, aren’t you?” I asked, as cheerfully as I could, well, at least that’s the respect to someone who tried to approach you so affectionately.

 

“Nah, I’m a repeat student, currently studying my second year in Foreign Languages and Linguistics! What’s your module for the semester?” she asked curiously, as she tried to peek at my timetable.

 

Before I could answer her, I guessed she had already caught a glimpse of my timetable. “Oh my god, you have exactly the same modules as me, except for one on Math. It’s hard to find someone who has the same interest especially in Foreign Languages and Linguistics! I mean, we clicked off so well, and we are classmates!” Haerin exclaimed excitedly, flailing her arms wildly and jumped in joy.

 

“Come on _____-ah, let’s – You don’t mind me calling you without honorifics would you?”

 

I laughed at her sudden interruption, as I shook my head, saying “Of course you can! You’re older than me eonni, remember?” I laughed again, as she grabbed hold of my hand and led me to the exit.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot. Come on, let’s go to the cafeteria! You want food right?” Haerin smiled, as she dragged me out of the arts’ faculty building.

 

I could only succumb to her actions, wondering how interesting and spontaneous Haerin was, and this led me to thinking that maybe my campus life would be quite fun after all. And one more thing, she really does know how to read my mind, doesn’t she?

 

-

As much as I don’t resent the popularity, I kind of dislike the fact that the girls always surround me, anytime anywhere. I mean, can’t I just get a moment of peace, just for a little tiny bit?

Miraculously, I managed to not go deaf from the screamings just now and entered the studio where only the five of us could gain entry to. And when I mean the five of us, this includes me, Park Yoochun, Jung Yunho, the leader of the group, Kim Jaejoong, Kim Junsu and last but not least Shim Changmin.  Yes, you are right. We are the campus quintet group that is really popular, not only in Seoul University, but in others too. Well, we can sing, dance, do acapellas… Okay, enough of the praising.  Anyway, as I was saying, I did not really enjoy this popularity though. I would be just happy enough to be able to have peace and do what I always do – compose my own music.

 

“Hyung, you’re here!” Changmin, the youngest of the group exclaimed, with his mouth full of pizza, again.

 

“Oh Yoochun-ah, you’re here!” Yunho smiled, as he put down the weights he was carrying and approached me.

 

“Yeah, hyung, Changmin-ah. Where’s Jaejoongie hyung and Junsu-ah?” I looked around the room, noticing that they were not around unlike the usual.

 

“Oh they went for a rehearsal for the upcoming welcome performance for the new students. They’re doing a duet you see.” Yunho answered, patting me on the back. “Chill and relax on your fans out there alright?”

 

“Yeah hyung. You know I really appreciate the support that they gave me.” I replied, appreciating the comfort and the support Yunho hyung always managed to give me and the group. “You two want anything? I’m going to the cafeteria for a while.” I asked, knowing that orders would certainly come out from Changmin’s mouth.

 

“Yoochunnie hyung! Help me buy sushi and a chicken teriyaki bento please!” Changmin cried out, with a hint of aegyo that doesn’t really suit him, but it was kind of cute anyway.

 

“You and your food! Alright, I’ll be right back guys!” I called out, as I made my way to the cafeteria.

 

-

“I don’t think you’d know the guy who is surrounded by the girls just now right?” Haerin asked nonchalantly, as we queued for our food – Japanese food, in particular.

 

“Nope, who is he? I can’t really see clearly just now.” I answered, not really interested in finding out though.

 

At that moment, Haerin’s eyes practically… sparkled. “Oh my god, he’s perfect, handsome, y, and almost every girl yearns for him! Do you know he’s part of the most popular campus quintet, named by the fans Dong Bang Shin Ki? DBSK for short, comprises of leader U-know Yunho, Hero Jaejoong, Micky Yoochun, Xiah Junsu and last but not least Choikang Changmin! Oh damn, the five of them are literally gods.” Haerin squealed, already in her fangirling mode.

 

Wait, did Haerin just say Choikang Changmin? That name sounds super familiar, except for the fact that that guy has the same last name as my brother, I thought.

“Are they really that great?” I questioned Haerin skeptically. “I mean I don’t really get what is so special about them.”

 

“You’d see for yourself later ____-ah. 2/5 of the group – Xiah Junsu and Hero Jaejoong, will be performing as part of the welcome event later! Once you know them and fall for their charms, you’d never get out.” Haerin smirked, before she exclaimed in delight, overly excited over the performances that would be held later.

 

As it was going to be our turn to take our orders, a guy just came forward and took his order first.

 

“One chicken teriyaki bento and 12-piece sushi set please.” he ordered.

 

Only to see the girl just beside him blushing furiously, and turning to see Haerin mouth-wide opened, I figured the best way to do now is to talk some sense of courtesy to the guy who had just cut our queue.

 

“Erm, excuse me. Can’t you see that there’s a queue here? You’re supposed to queue from behind, not here.” I stated as a matter of fact.

 

He turned around, looked at me straight in the eye, and said like he's not in the wrong, “Too bad, this pretty lady beside me just let me have her place. So you can’t blame me.”

 

“You this inconsiderate jerk. Beware of karma.” I spluttered, not caring the fact that he was actually glaring daggers at me.

 

To appease my anger, I stuck my foot out purposely, and when he collected his food and turned around for the exit, he nearly tripped and fell, much to my disappointment.

 

Only to see him speechless and his oh-so-normal face turning red with anger, I had a victory dance in my head. I smirked victoriously back at him and mouthed, “Karma man, karma.” 

 

 


So how was this chapter guys? :) And thank you for the comments on the previous chapter! It really helped me in my mistakes! ^^ And as usual, please subscribe and comment alright lovelies? :D Thank you very much! I love you! <3

*Mental note to self, "Correct on my grammar!" xD