Chapter 1

Forgotten Season

 

 

 

 

 

Saranghae.

 

I woke up, awakened by the sudden feeling of dampness I felt on my cheek.

Had I been crying again?

That dream, was that the cause of it?

That voice, that phrase – sounded all too familiar and affectionate to me. But I just could not put a finger to it.

 

Getting seriously baffled over it, I swept the thought to the back of my mind and decided to get ready for school instead. Anyway, it was the first day of university life and I ought to get excited over it instead.

 

“Breakfast’s ready!” 

 

I stomped down the stairs, bearing the hunger pangs I’d endured since I woke up and rushed to the dining table.

 

“Good morning, appa!” I greeted. And without further ado, I helped myself to a few servings of my favourite pancakes and chomped them down.

 

“Please, my dear daughter. Behave like a girl and eat slowly will you? How many times have I told you this? You’d suffer from indigestion and don’t complain of-“

 

“Having a stomachache later.” I continued at what my father had always nagged at me. “Don’t worry about me! It’s just that I’m particularly hungry this morning.” I answered cheekily, causing him to sigh and smile after.

 

“Oh, where’s oppa? Don’t tell me he hasn’t woken up yet.” I asked, wiping my mouth with a napkin.

 

“He knows that you would most likely not want the students in your new university to know you are him are siblings, and that’s why he left for school first. And another thing, he even said that you’d nag at him all day if he didn’t do what you requested. This girl!”

 

“Oppa is the best! And you know how popular he’s with the students, especially the girls in the school. I wouldn’t want to risk getting ostracized and get my hair pulled right!” I shuddered at that thought, stating as matter-of-factly. “Alright, I’ll get going to school then!” I stood up, pecking my father’s cheek.

 

“Have a great day, my daughter. Woah, you’re a grown-up girl now. I remember years ago you were just at the height of my knee and-“

 

“Ah appa, I know and I’ll always be your dear daughter okay?” I interrupted and embraced him tightly instead.

 

“Bye dad!” I waved, and rushed off to school before I was late.

 

-

Okay, now what?  I thought.

Decorated with a “Welcome to Seoul University” banner at the front school gate, I was awed and a little intimidated by the size of the campus the moment I stepped in. That place was bustled with students, or more specifically, new students like me, and I seriously do not know where I am supposed to report to.

 

“Do you need help?”

 

I turned to where the familiar voice came from, and realized my savior was here.

 

“Oppa! Oh my god, you’re here! For one moment I thought that I would get lost here, wandering around until the end of the day.” I exclaimed, delighted at least someone close to me is here to provide me with support and help in this foreign place.

 

“Hm, I thought someone wouldn’t want me to go to school with her, should I leave then?” Changmin said, tapping his chin and pretended to turn away, before I grabbed him and looked at him with pleading eyes.

 

“Ah oppa! You know I love you so very very much, so help your sister out here a little!” I pouted, one thing my brother just can’t resist.

 

“Don’t use that on me, missy! This girl, see whether you’d dare threaten me with my half- photos the next time you request me to do something. I had to get up so early this morning so as to accede to your ridiculous request of not wanting to go to school with me. Are you that ashamed of me huh?” Changmin complained, merely in a joking manner, as he held my hands just like how he used to when he brought me across the road when we were young, and guided me around the campus.

 

That heartwarming feeling I felt at that time, made me really grateful that I have such a wonderful, loving and sometimes naggy brother just like him. Although Mom had departed from this world when I was just a little twit, but the love my father and brother showered on me, made me love and appreciate them even more.

 

“I know I know, you’re the best!” I grinned, as I saw him trying to remain nonchalant at my comment but failed as he smiled mildly.

 

-

“Here we are, just go straight and turn left and you’d see the registration booth!” Changmin instructed, looking at me smiling. “Any problems, my dear little sis?”

 

“Nope, thanks oppa!” I smiled sincerely at him, earning a peck on the forehead from him.

 

“Have an enjoyable day at school, okay? Find me when you have any problems, whether big or small, and remember to eat your lunch, and-“

 

“You’re sounding more and more like appa, you know?” I teased, before hugging him and waved goodbye.

“See you later, oppa!” I exclaimed, before continuing on my way. 

 


Yep, and tada my first chapter! :) I really hope to receive comments about my story so that I could further improve on it, so please subscribe and comment alright? Thank you very much to those who subscribed and commented! *90 degree bow*

I love you guys! <3