Chapter 3

Forgotten Season

 

 

“I still can’t believe that –“ Haerin gasped. “That you actually talked back at the mighty Park Yoochun! Oh my god,” Haerin faked a fainting posture. “I’m really scared for you, ___-ah. The fans of his will be hunting down for you, with their bats and sticks and-“

 

“Chill, eonni. I’m not afraid, why should you? And I think you’re exaggerating. Even if that’s the case, I know how to protect myself and fend off those bitc-, er, I mean fangirls,” I replied assuringly, smiling at her.

 

“I really admire you, ___-ah, for your self-confidence, and your righteousness. Unlike me,” Haerin whispered at the end, oblivious that I could still hear her.

 

Before I could probe further, I was dragged by her again, with her cheerful attitude back on as she said enthusiastically, “Come on, let’s go to the auditorium! The opening event is starting!”

 

 

-

“Argh, I’m sure to get her back for this,” I gritted my teeth, angered by the fact that I actually allowed myself to be insulted, or the fact that she actually dared to offend me.

 

“Woah hyung, what happened? You look pissed off after coming back from the café,” Changmin asked concernedly.

 

“Nothing, just some idiot who pissed me off. Should we get going to support Jae hyung and Su? Where’s Yunho hyung?” I asked, as Changmin and I proceed to the auditorium.

 

“He went off first, asking me to wait for you. Let’s walk faster hyung!” Changmin urged, not wanting the unwanted attention from the girls.

 

 

-

The auditorium was packed with students, but more of the older students holding unknown placards, which I later saw to be “DBSK” written on every one of them. 

 

"Wow they sure got a decent number of fans,” I commented, surprised that they actually had this number of fans. And when I said this number, it means, a whole lot of fans, or specifically fangirls.

 

“Duh, they’re damn popular. Wait till you see Xiah Junsu and Hero Jaejoong perform. I bet you’d be awed,” Haerin replied excitedly, pulling me to sit on the front row seats, which are reserved for the new students.

 

As the lights in the auditorium dimmed, everyone started screaming and the claps were just, resounding.  The curtains were drawn open, and at that moment, appeared two dark silhouettes. Everybody quieted down when the music came, and it started off with a melody, which I admit, was soothing and even a stress reliever at a point.

 

Without further ado, the lights focused on the two figures, and from the front row, their faces could be seen clearly as daylight. With Haerin whispering and telling me who they are, I could vaguely point out who is who.

 

The one with his slightly blonde hair styled up, started opening his mouth, and at that point, I thought I heard the most beautiful voice on earth.

 

 

I forget everything for a moment and pause
I look back into the memories I received from you
I want to make you listen to the fireworks in my heart that I’ve forgotten for a while

 

I guess the visits in my heart are getting narrower
What to do? I’m sorry but I guess you’re growing farther away from me
I found a different love in place of the precious memories
I guess I’m trying to erase your scent

 

 

The guy with his hair highlighted with a tinge of cyan colour here and there, awed me even further when he started singing. Both of their voices were just made to do a duet, or in that case, both of them is just simply, made to sing.

 

 

Baby, even if I have someone new, I can never forget you
Baby you know I can’t forget
If I get drunk and call you and tell you that I love you
You just need to only listen
If you are thinking of me girl, call my name
That’s all I need even if I’m with a different girl

 

Baby girl, baby girl, baby girl, baby girl

 

Maybe I only thought of myself too much
There’s nothing that I did for you
But I was only sad and for that, I’m embarrassed
Maybe that’s why I’m being like this now
I try to make some other excuse by meeting someone new
A happy girl and me – but this isn’t it

 

Baby, even if I have someone new, I can never forget you
Baby you know I can’t forget
If I get drunk and call you and tell you that I love you
You just need to only listen
If you are thinking of me girl, call my name
That’s all I need even if I’m with a different girl

 

Baby girl, baby girl, baby girl, baby girl

 

No matter what happens, you will not cry
If you don’t blame anyone, it’s okay, no more
I will bury you in my memories, I won’t forget you
Does that mean nothing to you? No gain, no gain, no gain
Though I don’t really need to know what you think

 

(Oh)
Baby, even if I have someone new, I can never forget you
Baby you know I can’t forget (I can’t forget)
If I get drunk (get drunk) and call you and tell you that I love you (I love you)
You just need to only listen
If you are thinking of me girl, call my name
That’s all I need even if I’m with a different girl

 

 

When they finished singing, basically everyone in the auditorium cheered and clapped, and united voices chanted “Encore, encore,” repeatedly. I unconsciously clapped really hard and focused on them as they took a ninety degree bow to the audience.

 

They’re really good, I thought.

 

“I told you they’re awesome right?” Haerin snapped me back to reality, and as if she could really read my mind and knew what I was thinking. I could only turn around to face her, and shrugged my shoulders, as my pride got to me, “Not bad, I guess,”

 

Soon after the performance came the Principal’s speech and the administrative matters being explained to us. Haerin and I exited the auditorium after the whole event ended, as it was our break after. As we were leaving, I heard a familiar voice calling after me. “___-ah!”

 

I turned around and was surprised to see my brother smiling at me. “Oppa!” I called out, as I gave him a hug. “What are you doing here?” I asked curiously.

 

“Why can’t I be here? I’m here to see the opening event duh, and to see how you're coping in school my sister,” he replied as he rolled his eyes jokingly, which after he ruffled my hair.

 

“Why, who’s here? A new-found friend I suppose?” he asked, smiling over at Haerin.

 

I pulled Haerin nearer as I decided to introduce her, “Yeah this is Haerin, oppa. She’s taking me around school and it’s fun to have her around. Great, isn’t it?” I said excitedly and looked over at Haerin, only to see her stoning away and looking at my brother with eyes seemingly to sparkle, as if he was some kind of… treasure?

 

“Haerin eonni, are you there? Back to earth,” I flailed my arms, shaking her as I woke her up to her senses.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, er yeah. Oh my god, DBSK’s Choikang Changmin’s your brother?!” she yelled excitedly suddenly, leaving me with question marks all over my head.

 

“Choikang… Changmin?” I pondered out loud, looking over to my brother who at that time had a sheepish grin on his face as he shrugged his shoulders. 

 

 


Yeah well guys, third chapter's up! I'm really sorry for not updating, and I'm not really satisfied with this chapter too. :( I'll try to do up a longer one next time I hope? Heh, and thank you for supporting me my lovable readers!

And this chapter's for my dongsaengie - XinQi_Shawol, whose birthday falls on 4th June, the exact same birthday with Yoochun (except the year of course. ^^)! Happy (belated) birthday, to beloved Yoochunnie oppa, and to you my sis! :D

 

생일축하해, 박유천! 

 

Thank you again, my readers. <3