Green Delight: Vegetarian Restaurant

Hands Off: Sooyoung's Food Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear diary,

Today, is my second job! I have to go to a vegetarian restaurant today... What? No meat? But I guess it’s whatevs... Veggies are good too! I’m going to Green Delight today and I see pretty good reviews so far! There’s hope! Do you think I’d get in trouble if I tried to sneak some meat in? Ugh, yeah. Bad idea, I don’t want to get fired yet. Food food food food food. Can’t wait for food. Can’t wait to eat! Yum yum yum!

Soo

 

Sooyoung walked the streets of Myeongdong and entered a restaurant. “Green Delight. Yup, that’s it!”

“Hello, welcome! For how many today?” A tall slim young girl asked Sooyoung.

“Hello, just 1. Hi, my name is Sooyoung. I’m here to do an article.” Sooyoung introduced herself.

“Oh! That’s right, I heard you were coming by today. Hello, my name is Krystal.” She took her hand out to shake Sooyoung’s hand. “Nice to meet you!” Sooyoung reached her hand out and shook her hand, “Right this way, I have your table all ready.”

“Great!” Hehe, I feel so excited! Krystal placed Sooyoung near the kitchen. The whole kitchen was visible to the whole restaurant. In front of the kitchen was a huge glass window. Sooyoung was amazed. Woah, so much food. The kitchen is so big... To Sooyoung’s right, displays of all different kinds of vegetables were shown. There was a wide range and they were organized by different colors. Wow.. they really do have all kinds of vegetables. No wonder Krystal has such a nice figure.

“My sister is the owner, I’ll inform her that you’re here. She’ll be out soon. I’ll bring some water for you as well as you look at the menu.” Krystal smiled at her customer.

“Oh yes, thank you. That’d be nice!” Krystal walked away into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, a shorter blond walked over to Sooyoung’s table.”Hello, my sister tells me your name is Sooyoung. Hello, nice to meet you, I’m Jessica, the owner of this restaurant.”

“Hello, Jessica-shi, nice to meet you.” She extended her hand and shook the other’s.

“I’m guessing today is your first time here?”

“Yes! I haven’t been to a lot of vegetarian restaurants... I kind of like to eat meat.” Sooyoung laughed dryly.

“Oh, yeah, I understand! We have meat on our menu, but it is made up of vegetables. I recommend the shrimp pasta linguine.” Jessica said as she pointed at the menu.

“Hmm, I had some pasta last night, I was thinking the of a salad and soup. I’m still looking over the entree choices.” Sooyoung explained.

“Oh, okay, mm how about I take your order first and then you can order your entree when you’re ready?” Jessica suggested.

“Yeah, that sounds okay. Um, I want the Santa Fe Salad and a corn chowder please! Oh, can I have some water as well?”

“Alright, let me get your order in! I’ll have Krystal bring your water.” And with that Jessica left for the kitchen. Yes! I’m excited. I hope it tastes alright. Never really had anything without meat. Oh! Oh yeah.. muhaha I brought some chicken with me in my purse. Just in case! Fifteen minutes later Sooyoung started wondering where her water was. I.. still don’t have my water? I’m starving too! Why didn’t they offer me bread like Taeyeon!

“Excuse me!” Sooyoung called for Krystal taking an order for another table.

“Hi, do you think I can have a glass of water?”

“Oh! Sure, sorry. I thought Jessica brought a glass for you. I’ll get that for you right now.”

“Here you go, Sooyoung-shi. Do you need anything else? Maybe some bread?”

“Oh yes, that’d be lovely please.” Sooyoung’s eyes gleamed.

“Sure, I’ll be right back.”

Krystal came back with some toasted bread and fries. “I brought some sweet potato fries for you as well.”

“Oh, thank you!”

“No problem. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

“Yes, can I order my entree now?”

“Yes, sure thing! What would you like?”

“I would like an order of kimchi fried rice and a side of porridge with the sides.”

“Alright, let me put that in now.” Krystal walked away to the computer and put the order in. After she was done, she walked into the kitchen and started to turn on the stove. Sooyoung watched her carefully. Hmm? Does she cook here as well? After a while, Krystal grabbed a stone pot and poured the kimchi stew she was heating up. She grabbed a bowl from the microwave and started mixing it. Mmm, it must be bibimbap. I didn’t see that on the menu! Sooyoung watched as Krystal ate her meal. She watched how wonderfully she ate. She knew how delicious it was and saliva started forming in .

“I could go for some kimchi tofu right now...” Sooyoung muttered to herself.  I wonder if I’ll have time aft- She looked at her watch and noticed the time. I’ve already been here for an hour?! But I didn’t get a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter