Brief Glimmer

Fatal Love

Staring at the unmoving body in front of him, Youngjae felt at a loss at this turn of events.  He never expected the woman to kill anyone.  He didn’t want to believe that she was capable of something so heinous.  Back during the fan meet there was no indication of the type of monster behind that shy, almost skittish smile.  She was an intelligent woman.  If he remembered correctly she told him that she was a nurse in a local hospital. 

 

Was that caring smile nothing but a façade?  He didn’t want to consider it was all a lie.  There must be something humane remaining of the woman.

 

“Jagi, are you hungry?”  Soonim entered the room with a small hatchet.

 

“What are you planning to do?” Youngjae said with alarm.

 

“What would you like for lunch?  As soon as I get this trash out of here, we can have something tasty.  I was thinking maybe Jap Chae and seaweed soup.  You look pale,” Soonim frowned running a blood-flecked hand through his hair when she was close enough, Youngjae flinching in fear of the woman. 

 

“Please noona no more,” Youngjae begged.

 

“What are you talking about silly?” Soonim blinked.  “We haven’t had either recently.  I know, you want kalbi, correct?  I know a nice place a little over two miles from here.  I can pick up an order and anything else you would want to eat.”

 

“Sounds good noona,” Youngjae nodded.

 

“Great then,” Soonim clapped her hands together.  “Let me just finish this small task then I will go pick up some food for us.”  Moving away from Youngjae the woman knelt beside her grandmother’s body raising the hatchet.  Shutting his eyes when she swung down hacking at her grandmother’s head he fought the revulsion churning in his stomach.  His nerves caused him to flinch with each thwack of the hatchet to flesh and bone.  To his dismay the woman was humming along to one of B.A.P’s songs whilst dismembering her grandmother.

 

Forcing himself to shut out the noise, Youngjae devised a plan in his head to free himself and stop Soonim from murdering her cousin.  Once she left, he would figure out a way to bring Mi-Yun’s mind back from the brink of insanity.  They needed to be in this together if they hoped to survive.  Somewhere in the house there had to be a phone they could use to call for help.  If he alerted Daehyun and the others to what happened they could contact the police who had the power to pinpoint where he was.

 

“Hn this is a bigger task than I thought it would be,” Soonim murmured.  “It’s not like normal hospital work.  I guess I will have to finish this when I get back.”

 

Keeping his eyes shut Youngjae listened to the woman shift as she stood up.  Her heels clicking against the hardwood floor allowed him to track her motion out of the room.  Moments later she returned, Youngjae could feel her presence hovering above him.  Lifting his head, the young man opened his eyes seeing the smile face of insanity leering down at him.  In her hands was her metal case containing the vials of drugs she has been constantly distributing to him.

 

“It’s time for your shot Youngjae.”

 

“I don’t need it,” Youngjae shook his head finding her extracting a needle from the case that was already filled with one of the drugs inside the case.  “Noona I don’t need a shot.”

 

“Of course you do, the pain will come back without it,” Soonim voiced.  “It’s not as much as what I gave you last time, there’s no need to accidently get you addicted.”

 

“I can just work through the pain, I don’t like the drugs,” Youngjae argued.

 

“You will thank me for it in a while,” Soonim said jabbing him in the bend of his elbow.  Yelping in pain, Youngjae squirmed while she injected the drugs into his blood stream.  “There now was that so bad?”

 

“I was fine noona,” Youngjae murmured.

 

“I’ll be right back.  I will deal with Mi-Yun as well once I return.  Be good and I’ll bring back some delicious chocolate known around this area.”  Pecking him gently on the lips, she watched his eyes droop as the cocktail of drugs took effect.  Once she showered and returned, they could focus on their next step in their relationship.

 

By the time Youngjae was able to come halfway around from the drugs in his system, the woman was long gone.  The mess on the floor moved only a blood splatter remained.  Blinking a few times to clear his vision he shifted his eyes to where Mi-Yun was gazing at the bloody spot in a trance.

 

“Mi-Yun.  Can you hear me?” Youngjae questioned.  “We need to get out of here.  Can you move?”  Pausing for a response, the young woman’s stare remained distant.  “Mi-Yun, can you hear me?  I need you to focus.  We have to help each other.  If we don’t get out of here we could end up like your grandmother.  You don’t want that do you?”

 

At his words Mi-Yun sobbed quietly, her body trembling with fear as a pool of urine leaked from the chair into a puddle underneath her feet.  Realizing she would be no help, Youngjae rocked his chair until he once more slammed his head into the ground turning over on his side.  Murmuring a brief thanks for Soonim doping him up, Youngjae inched at an excruciatingly slow rate away from the sobbing girl in search of a phone.  Sweat dripped into his eyes exhausting his energy.

 

“I can’t give up,” Youngjae muttered dragging himself along.  “I have to find a phone.”

 

~~~

 

Daehyun was startled when his phone began buzzing.  The other two members of B.A.P going over footage with him jumped as well, all eyes looking at the phone buzzing.  Daehyun jumped for the phone wondering if Yongguk had news for them.  Picking up the phone from the counter, he found an unknown number.  Flipping the phone open, Daehyun pressed talk placing the phone to his ear.

 

“Hello?”  A long second of silence ticked away before Daehyun heard a sound.  Instinctively, he knew who was on the other end.  “Jae?”

 

“You have no idea how hard it is to dial without hands,” Youngjae slurred.

 

“Youngjae are you okay?” Daehyun’s voice filled with alarm.

 

“She drugged me.  I’m not sure with what.  She said morphine the first time.  It made the pain go away but I can’t really think straight,” Youngjae yammered.  “Do you know what morphine is used for?  I know it at least I think I do, but I don’t really remember.”

 

“What are you talking about?  You’re not making sense.  Where are you?  Where’s that woman who abducted you?” Daehyun interrogated.

 

“I don’t know where I am.  I was in her apartment, that’s where I woke up.  Then we went somewhere.  She drugged me and I don’t know where I am.  It’s a lake house she said,” Youngjae mumbled, his voice dimming.

 

“Youngjae are you okay?”

 

“I told you I’m drugged,” Youngjae snapped at his friend.  “Don’t you listen babo?”

 

“Sorry, I’m nervous,” Daehyun apologized.  “We’re all worried.  What’s around you?  We’ll get the police and then come get you.”

 

“Carpet.  Furniture.”

 

“What else?”

 

“I’m laying on the floor, there’s not much else I can see.  She tied me up so I wouldn’t escape.  She’s crazy.  She’s going to kill me if I don’t get away.  You have to send help now.  I don’t know how much longer I will be able to keep her from killing me too.” Youngjae’s voice rose with fear.  “She’s going to kill me too I just know it.  You have to get me help.”

 

“I’m trying, we need more information,” Daehyun said.  “What does she look like?  Anything that we can identify her with?”

 

“We know her,” Youngjae said.  “I never thought noona was capable of doing something like this.  You wouldn’t know from the smile she had when we all took that picture together.”

 

“What do you mean we know her?  Come on Jae give me something to work with here,” Daehyun pleaded.  In the background on the other end, Daehyun heard a door close, a woman’s voice calling for Youngjae.  “Jae, is that her?  Hurry the hell up and give me a name.”

 

The footsteps grew louder the sounds of Youngjae struggling to move away from the phone could be heard.  Daehyun’s blood ran cold in his veins when the receiver was picked up and a woman’s chipper voice came on the line.  “Who are you talking to jagi?  Has Jae been a naughty boy and tried to call someone?”

 

Holding up his hand to keep the others silent, Daehyun held his breath hoping that the woman believed Youngjae failed in getting his call to go through.  He wanted to say something more than anything else to plead with the woman to let Youngjae go.  But from all the babble Youngjae was spouting moments ago, she already murdered one person.  The last thing he needed was to cause her to harm his friend as well.  With a heavy heart, he kept quiet praying she would not do Youngjae anymore harm.

 

“There’s no one, I was trying to make it to the bedroom but I knocked the phone over accidently noona,” Youngjae said.

 

“Too bad this phone hasn’t been updated, I would be able to tell if you were lying,” Soonim sighed.  “Shall we have kalbi now or do you want to wait until after I punish that little for seducing you?”

 

“Let’s eat now, she’s no threat to us.  We can enjoy our evening noona.”

“I suppose you’re right,” the woman replied.  “Once we have lunch we can take a nice bath together and cuddle up for the evening.  Driving up here really took a lot out of me.”

 

Daehyun exhaled when the dial tone came on.  His eyes went to the other two who stared at him in anticipation.  “She’s dangerous.  Youngjae says she’s already killed someone.  He’s not sure where he is.”

 

“Why not?” Zelo piped up.

 

“From what he was telling me, she has him tied up.  I think he had to knock the chair over and crawl to find a phone.  He kept calling her noona and said that we know her.  He mentioned something about us taking a picture together with her.  I’m not sure if he meant he and I, or all of us.  But that’s a small lead that we can follow.”

 

“Maybe if we find that picture you will remember who she is as well,” Himchan said.  “You said she seemed familiar, so that means that if you’re able to identify her, we can go to where she is.”

 

“Let’s hope before she does anything.  Apparently there’s someone else there with them that Youngjae is trying to protect her from hurting aside from the person she’s already killed,” Daehyun shivered.  “Hyung call to the company and let everyone know what just happened.  I’m going to go back to the dorms and see if I can find pictures of this woman.”

 

“We should take your phone to the police to see if we can identify the number Youngjae called from,” Himchan advised.

 

“Take my phone hyung,” Zelo offered his phone.  “If we find out anything we can give you a call.”

 

“Good thinking,” Daehyun said.  “Let me know what happens.  I’m heading back.”  Looking at the clock, he found there were still a few more hours before sunset.  If Youngjae managed to make it through one night, Daehyun just prayed whatever he did the night before his friend would be able to do again. 

 

Meanwhile Youngjae gazed over at the old phone resting out of his reach as he opened his mouth to allow the woman to feed him another piece of rib.  Chewing mechanically, he forced himself to eat the food against his stomach’s protesting.  Starving himself was not going to help anyone.  The drugs in his system still made his vision swim, unable to clear his head and properly formulate a plan.

 

“How does it taste?  The best in the area isn’t it?” Soonim smiled brushing his hair from his eyes.

 

“This is really good noona,” Youngjae nodded.  “Can I have some water?”

 

“Of course.”  Moving from her place at his side, the woman filled a cup with water from the faucet, pouring a few drops of clear liquid into the glass before shaking it around.  With a bright smile, Soonim walked back over to Youngjae sitting down beside him.  “Here you go jagi.”

 

“C-can you untie my hands so I can drink it?” Youngjae inquired hopefully.

 

“Of course, you’re a big boy.”  Picking up the knife resting on the table, she sliced the tape binding his right arm then handed him the glass.  Seeing she did not put down the knife, Youngjae wasn’t going to chance her stabbing him if he made a move to disable her.  Raising the glass to his lips, he drained the contents in one gulp relishing the feel of the liquid to his parched throat.  “Would you like another?”

 

“Yes please.”  Taking the glass and knife with her, she wandered back over to the counter, pouring a few more drops of liquid into the glass.  “You know jagi, I know you were lying to me earlier.  I know there was someone on the other end of the phone.  Who was it?”

 

“There was no one noona.  I swear to you,” Youngjae stated.  “I was trying to go to the bedroom.  I’m really tired too.  I just wanted to lay down while you were gone.”

 

“How much longer are you going to lie to me?” Soonim asked quietly.

 

“I promise you, there was no one on the other end,” Youngjae whimpered.  “Why won’t you believe me noona?  Don’t you trust me?”

 

“You lied to me about there being another woman.  That turned out to be a lie.”  Soonim looked over her shoulder at him, her eyes dancing with growing flames of madness.  “I don’t like to be lied to.  Men use to lie to me all the time to get me to trust them.  Then they would leave me.  Please don’t be like all the other men in my life.”

 

“Noona trust me.  Why would I ever lie to you?” Youngjae voiced.

 

“What about Mi-Yun?” Quirking a brow, Soonim filled the cup with water.  Going back to Youngjae’s side, she glared down at him.  “You told me there was no other woman.  You said you weren’t trying to escape me.  You lied about someone being in the other end of the phone.  Is it another woman?  How many women do you keep behind my back?”

 

“I promise you Soonim it wasn’t another woman,” Youngjae trembled.

 

“Tell me who it was then.”  Pressing the knife to his throat, she pressed her forehead to his gazing deep into his eyes.  “I will kill the .  I can invite her here and slit .  I will make you watch jagi.  I will sew your eyelids open and make you watch as the bleeds out in front of you.  You are mine, how many times do I have to tell you.”

 

“I’m sorry Soonim.  Please don’t hurt me.”

 

“Hurt you?  I would never hurt you.  I love you Youngjae,” Soonim murmured, rubbing her nose to his.  “We’re going to start a family together.  Why would I hurt the father of our children?  But let it be known that I will not tolerate your eyes wandering away from me.  Our children will have a happy childhood with both their parents in it.  Do I make myself clear?”

 

“Yes noona, I understand.”

 


A/N: I know I am going to be called out on ending the chapter here, but this boils up to the major events that are about to take place that I felt needed to be its own chapter.  Chapter nine is a big chapter for me.  I keep throwing Youngjae into more and more crap and chapter nine will be no exception.  Thanks to all who have been supporting this story, even at a glance.