Unnerving Awakenings

Fatal Love

Yoo Youngjae had no idea what was going on. He had no idea when he fell asleep. All that he knew was that his head felt as if a boulder had been dropped on it several times. Lifting heavy head from where it drooped to his chest Youngjae winced when all the images in front of him swam. A wave of nausea washed over him. His stomach churned and before he knew it a wave of bile raced up his throat, expelling the contains of what he had eaten within the last twenty-four hours into his lap. Gagging on the sharp acidic taste he felt another wave come up, decorating his lap in pink and yellow splatter. Dry heaving a little, he went to stand from where he sat only to discover his inability to move.

 

It was only then he felt the restraints on his wrists. Turning his head to the right Youngjae found his right arm from his wrist to forearm ducktaped to the chair he was sitting in. Yanking at his left arm, the strong sticky substance assured him that he was completely bound in place. Struggling to free his arms Youngjae grew more alert to the restraints on his legs as well.

 

His heart pounded in his chest as he tried freeing himself. His mind raced a mile a minute going over what the hell happened and how he ended up in this situation. The past few hours were still foggy. He clearly recalled around nine o'clock that he and Daehyun were heading out for dinner at some new restaurant around the dorms. They had walked there, hanging out and eating before Daehyun was called back to go over some side project. Having waved off his friend Youngjae decided to head over to his favorite electronic store to check out the newest selection of tablets stocked. Somewhere between that time was where his memory turned static.

 

What the hell happened to him in that period of time? Giving up the struggle to free himself Youngjae scanned the room his place of captivity discovering a well lit bedroom. The walls were decorated with many pictures, some quite smaller than others. A few plastered one entire side of the wall near a little alter shrine.

 

“You're shaking.” A quiet voice from behind him caused the young man to jump. Trying to whip his head around to find out who was there only brought up another wave of nausea. Expelling another wave of bile onto the floor where the chair leg rested Youngjae closed his eyes to calm the spinning room. “I used too much chlorofoam. It's not as easy as the movies make it seem to get it right.”

 

“Who are you?” Youngjae tried his restraints again praying for a miracle that his previous attempts to free himself had somehow loosen the tape. Disappointment filled the pit of his stomach; they still would not budge whatsoever.

 

“It's me jagi,” the musical voice replied. Behind him the sound of clothes ruffling sounded yet whoever it was doing this did not step forward. The feeling of eyes examining his helplessness prickled the back of his head causing Youngjae to squirm apprehensively.

 

“I don't know you,” Youngjae commented. This had to be a terrible prank of some kind. There was no way this was happening to him. Sasaeng fans wouldn't even be able to go this far.

 

“Of course you do,” the woman said, the happiness in her tone disconnected. “We've been going together for a long time.”

 

“I have no idea what you're talking about, I don't know you” Youngjae repeated, opening his eyes. Craning his head back he hoped to see who his captive was and maybe talk some sense into the woman. “Can you come around so I can see you?”

 

“You see me all time,” the woman giggled. That same disconnection present in her voice snowballing fear into the pit of his stomach “Why are you being so silly Jae-yah?”

 

Youngjae closed his mouth trying to formulate a plan to get out of this situation. Scanning the pictures of himself plastering the walls Youngjae wondered if he would be able to talk his way out of this. The ruffle of clothing catching his left ear urged him to shift his attention in that direction. A hand was reaching out to his cheek. Leaning to the side to avoid contact Youngjae wondered when she had moved so close to him.

 

“Why are you being like this Jae-yah?” The woman walked in front of him, squatting to eyelevel with him. Her candy red bottom lip jutted out in a coy display of disquiet. Her large doe-like eyes shadowed the instability of her current actions holding him captive. Reaching up, she smoothed wayward strands of Youngjae's hair, overlooking when he tried to flinch away from her touch again. “We finally get to have alone time with your busy schedule, aren't you happy?”

 

“Look,” Youngjae started his voice pitching with fear. “People are going to come look for me. Why are you doing this?”

 

“I have no idea what you mean.” Standing up, she giggled as she studied him. Her cheeks flushing like a schoolgirl, the imbalance in her eyes coming to life. “I'm glad oppa is giving us time alone. You've been working so hard. It's not that I'm not proud, but I've been getting lonely without you.”

 

“Untie me please,” Youngjae begged. “What's your name?”

 

“You know my name already,” the woman huffed. “Why are you teasing me so much Jae-yah? You like to see me flustered all the time. You keep this up and Daehyun is going to tease you about losing me.”

 

“Noona...you're a noona right?” Youngjae said hesitantly. It was obvious she was much older than him by the way she carried herself. The frilly, lace dress she wore gave no indications to the type of job she had. “Where are we?”

 

“My house, of course. You know our bedroom.” Pursing her lips the woman placed her hands on her hips giving him a playful scowl. “Why are you teasing me so much on our anniversary?”

 

“Anniversary?”

 

“You haven't forgotten have you?” Her pretty face fell with disappointment. “Jagi...do I have to make you remember it again?”

 


Yes I did I really did cut it off like that.  I wonder what she's going to do to him...  Oh Jae, what do I have in store for you?