Epilogue: Marionette

Fatal Love

Pushing the wheelchair to the booth where the female TSA worker sat, Soonim pulled out her passport and the passport for Youngjae who had drifted off to sleep once more the moment they got off the plane.  Filling out the forms handed to her by the worker, she smiled thinking about the fresh start she and Youngjae were about to embark on.

 

“Your husband was admitted to John Hopkins?” The TSA worker peered around staring at the sickly young man dozing in the wheelchair by the woman.

 

“Yes sir,” Soonim nodded.  “We were lucky they took our case.”

 

“It’s a very good hospital.”  The TSA woman handed the passports back to Soonim stamping both.  Along with the visa papers requesting an extended stay in the USA.  “I need you to sign here, here, and here please.”

 

“Of course.”  Obeying the worker, Soonim signed her name on the forms having practiced nonstop while in flight.  Handing the forms back to the woman, Soonim waited for clearance to claim her luggage.  Turning her eyes back to Youngjae, she ran a hand over the top of his scalp.

 

“All right it looks like everything is in order.  Good luck with your husband Mrs. Yoo,” the TSA worker said giving her an encouraging smile. 

 

“Thank you very much,” Soonim bowed, wheeling the chair through the customs station towards baggage claim.  Humming softly to herself, she remembered what Mr. Lee had told her when she made it to downtown.  He had a cousin who owed him a favor that would be able to house her and Youngjae until she found work in the city.  “Jagi, first thing we have to do is have a small wedding.  I can rent a dress and tux.  I bet you look handsome in tux.  I’ve always dreamed about having an American wedding.”

 

“Ma’am do you need help?” one of the workers spotted Soonim, coming over out of concern for the young woman with the wheelchair.

 

“I am just waiting for my luggage,” Soonim said.

 

“Tell me which one,” the worker said.  “You can stay with your husband.”

 

“Thank you very much,” Soonim smiled.  “It is a large blue one.”

 

“All right, wait right here.”  The airport worker went off, looking over the luggage that was slowly being unloaded from the plane’s cargo hold.

 

“People in America are so nice jagi.  We’re going to be well taken care of.”  Stooping in front of the wheelchair, the woman found Youngjae’s eyes fluttering open.  A soft groan escaped his lips as he slowly focused glassy eyes on her.  “We’re here.”

 

“I don’t feel good,” Youngjae mumbled, closing his glazed eyes.  “I don’t like this feel.  Please make the pain go away.”

 

“It’s time for your medication,” Soonim smiled opening her purse to pull out a small bottle of tablets.  Unscrewing the cap, Soonim shook out two small oval shaped tablets into her palm.  “You haven’t had any since a few hours ago on the plane.”

 

“My medication.”  Somewhere in the back of his mind a tiny voice screamed at him not to listen to her.  He couldn’t pinpoint where this reasoning came from.  She was taking care of him in his time of need after all.  It made perfect sense for him to follow her directions.  She knew what was best for him.

 

“That’s right.  You’re very sick right now jagi.  The medication will make you better so open up,” Soonim coaxed.  Obediently following her directions, Youngjae took the medication she offered to him.  Giving her a dreamy smile, he allowed himself to drift back to sleep as the drugs took effect.  She knew they were going to be happy together here.  Nothing could stop them from enjoying life together now.

 


A/N: Before everyone swarm in and try to kill me, yes this is the end of Fatal Love.  BUT!  I am already in the process of working on the sequel to this story.  I decided to break it into two seperate stories because the next story covers a lot of major points that I want to focus on without the back and forth stretch of Soonim and BAP.  There will still be some of that in the beginning of the story, but it will move away from that as the story goes and focus on the heart of what this story set up.  

I want to thank everyone for their support and love of this story, and I hope to see you all again in the next story.  I want to thank my unni for all the ideas I was able to bounce off her when I was stuck and setting up some amazing suspension points for me.  I would have been bonkers without you unni.  I want to thank the readers and subbers for liking this story and enjoying the road with me.  I have much to put in place for the next story, so I will just leave off with this final note of big things will be happening, so look for Lunacy Fringe early next week.  Thank you all.  Until the next story.