The Friend

Whisper In The Water

I woke up to the smell of someone cooking and lightly sat up in my bed then stretched my arms as high as they would go. After feeling relieved and awake I got out of my bed and walked into the kitchen after tying my hair up. I saw Joon at the sink and blushed lightly.

'Who is that? What is a man doing in my house? Shun~!!' I thought to myself as I looked onto the couch and saw Shun taking a cat nap. I glared at him for being so relaxed then I finally remembered everything that happened yesterday.

"Oh. Your awake? Good more TaeHyun-sshi" I heard the man say.

I nodded, "Oh um...good morning...um...um..." I tried to think of his name then remembered, "Joon-sshi" I smiled as I shyly walked into the living room beside the kitchen and pulled Shun into my lap as I the TV.

"I made some breakfast~" Joon smiled.

"Oh! You didn't have to!" I said shyly as I looked over at him. He was smiling and seemed very proud of himself. I wasn't sure how I could possibly say no to him when he looked so happy to be cooking. "Ah! That's right! I'm sorry for not waking you up yesterday! You just looked so peaceful that I...couldn't bring myself to...wake you" I said lightly.

He chuckled, "It's quite alright. It's actually the first time in a while i've slept so peacefully. I must thank you for not waking me up" he smiled as he seemed to finish the breakfast. "Food is ready~" he smiled as he sat plates on the table. Shun woke up and jumped out of my lap ready for his breakfast as well. I smiled. First I fed Shun then I sat at the breakfast table with Joon.

"What did you make?" I asked as I looked at the food for the first time. I was shocked by what I saw. Most of the food looked burnt and unedible. I gulped down quietly and was worried how to eat it and make it seem like he did a good job. I didn't want to upset him. "Um..."

"Oh please~ Go ahead and eat~" Joon smiled as he motioned towards the food.

I reluctantly smiled and cut the eggs, or what I assumed to be the eggs, as best I could and took a small bite. I opened my eyes in shock. "It's really good~" I smiled. I guess this was one of those instances where you would use the phrase, 'don't judge a book by it's cover'. I continued to eat and Joon soon joined me and smiled happily as he ate.

I looked up once I finished my food and noticed Joon looking around the kitchen. I look at him curiously and then he looked at me and our eyes met. "Is there something wrong with the kitchen?" I asked lightly.

He smiled and shook his head, "No. I was admiring it, actually" he laughed lightly.

I smiled and let out a little giggle, "sorry but...your a bit weird" I smiled.

Suddenly a memory came to my mind from when I was young.

-flashback-

I sat in my kitchen with our new neighbors. Their son _____ was beside me and he looked around the house with a weird look on his face as we ate.

"Is there someting wrong wif our kitchen?" I asked with the small bit of my home language that I knew.

"Nah reawy. Just admiwing it reawy" he responded with a smile and a light laugh.

-reality-

I stopped laughing for a moment and smiled happily at the sudden memory of him.

"Something wrong TaeHyun-sshi?" he asked.

I looked up with a smile and shook my head, "not reawy...um...I mean...really" I blushed lightly. "I was just um...remembering a really nice memory from my childhood is all" I said as I lightly stood up and took my dishes to the sink and began to wash them clean. Joon walked over and joined me and once I washed he would dry them.

"I see. Must be nice...remembering your childhood" he said lightly.

I looked at him curiously, "It almost sounds like you don't?" I asked lightly.

"yeah...I was in an accident at a young age and I don't remember anything before age 14" he said lightly.

"Oh...I'm sorry" I said as I frowned lightly and went back to the dishes.

"Don't worry about it, It's not your fault" he smiled as he finished drying the last plate and sitting it on the rack with the rest of the plates.

I could only nod lightly. Shun broke the small silence with a meow as he stretched. I smiled and picked him up gently. "Yeah. Nap time again, shun?" I asked. Shun just meowed and cuddled in my arms.

"I should probably leave now. I'm sorry if I overstayed my welcome" Joon said lightly.

"Oh no! It's ok. It was nice having someone over for once...fell free to um...come over anytime" I offered shyly.

I saw him smile, "Thanks. You better not take back those words!" he joked.

I smiled and laughed lightly, "I won't" I said as I waved him bye.

"See...see ya later" he said shyly and walked out the door closing it lightly behind him.

I only nodded and waved. I didn't stop waving till I was sure the door was completely closed.

I sat on the couch and the TV. I looked through the newspaper for available jobs. I put the newspaper down for a moment and looked outside. "...Why...why am I not as shy around him....it's almost like...i've known him for years" I said to myself. I sigh lightly and shake the thought out of my mind and continued to look for available jobs.

~~*~~*~~

I pulled on a pair of white shorts and a light blue shirt along with a pair of white vans and placed my phone in my right pocket, my wallet in my left, and my keys hung on my belt loop. I walked out of my apartment after giving Shun his lunch and walked to the elevator.

I got on the elevator and was greeted with a gentle hug from someone. I was lightly taken off guard and quickly looked up to see who it was. I instantly relaxed once I saw it was Joon.

"You scared me...I thought some random guy hugged me!!" I said sternly.

Joon chuckled, "my bad. I jst wanted to surprise you since we both happened to get on the elevator~" he smiled.

I sighed, "...You surprised me alright" I smiled.

Joon laughed, "I can see that I did" I smiled back. "Headed somewhere?" he asked looking at my outfit.

I nodded, "Yeah. I have a job interview today. So I thought i'd dress fancy" I joked.

Joon smiled and then chuckled, "Ah. I see. If only I could go with you" he joked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "If only" I joked back.

We both smiled.

It's been a few months since Joon first moved in and we have gotten very close. Maybe not to where we can say we are siblings but close enough to be considered best friends. Recently we have opened up to each other and talked about our pasts and troubles together. Joon knows my fear of water and about my old best friend who died in a car accident, he even knows a few of my friends now. They often invite me places...but now they make me bring Joon with me. Some friends they are, only using me for boys. Oh well. I still have Joon and Shun~ So I can manage.

The elevator reached the bottom floor and Joon pretty much pushed me out of the elevator as he followed behind me.

"Don't wanna be late for the interview alice~" he joked.

"Ok Mr. Rabbit. Hurry, hurry, or you'll be late to um..." I started.

"To my date!" he finished.

I laughed and nodded, "Don't make this one leave early like the last one did!" I smiled and waved as he took off down the sidewalk in an excited manner. I stopped waving once he was out of sight and went the opposite way to go for my job interview at the new cake cafe that just recently opened up. They were looking for a chasier/server girl and with my friendly personality I knew I might do this job well. I just have to remember to swallow my shyness and bring out my smile.

Hopefully I could actually get the job. This time. I could only pray I will succeed and be accepted. And with Joon wishing me good luck for the past few days on getting a job. Hopefully luck was on my side. I walked down the sidewalk, ready for a new beginning, as the cashier girl!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A quick update for you all ^^

 

MinHyun out!!