The Job

Whisper In The Water

My alarm went off and I quickly got out of bed and got ready. I threw on some comfortable clothes and grabbed my keys, fed Shun, and closed the door as I rushed out of my apartment and to the elevator. I stood inside and noticed Joon, for once, was not awake so early. I shrugged it off and prepared myself for my first day as the cashier for "Fluff Fluff Love Bakery". The name was cheesy, I had to admit, but it caught people's attention. So that's all that really matters, I guess.

The elevator reached the bottom floor and I walked out of the lobby and headed down the road.

I reached the backery with 15 minutes left before I had to clock-in. I went into the back and changed into my uniform. That took up the 15 minutes I had. I walked out and clocked myself in. I went behind the counter and smiled at the cooks and waitresses/waiters.

While waiting for our first customers we cleaned the cashier, front display case, and the waiters worked on the tables. After about 30 minutes of cleaning and preparing the little bell at the top of the Cafe door rang as someone walked inside.

"Welcome to Fluff Fluff Love Bakery. How may we be of service?" I said with the brightest and friendliest smile I could possibly manage without breaking my face.

The customers smiled, "3 to eat here~" the girls said in happy, high-pitched voices. I nodded and notified them as to which table they would be seated. I went to the back after seating them and told Kyo, one of the waiters for the day, that he had customers. He swiftly got to work. Just as I got back to the front counter we had more people walking in. I sat them and the waiters/waitresses naturally kept watch and came out to serve their designated tables.

The day went smoothly and peacefully. Some of my friends even came to the opening and tried to hit on most of the waiters. I just ignored them and did my job.

--------------------------

I finished changing after my shift ended and closed up the shop. I turned the sign to say closed and locked the door. I walked down the sidewalk and lifted my arms above my head with a small yawn.

I checked my phone as I walked and saw I had 3 missed calls and 2 texts. I checked them. They were all from Joon. He normally gets bored so he tries to talk with me to keep himself sane. I smiled and looked at the texts.

'Hey...are you free right now?'

I looked at the text sent 5 minutes after the first.

'I really need someone...are you home?'

Just as I was about to respond my phone began to ring. It was Joon. I answered the phone.

"Hey" I said smiling.

"Hey....you ok?" he asked. His voice sounded awful and he seemed highly worried.

"Oh...i'm fine. I just got off work. What about you? You ok?" I asked as I turned the corner around the street.

"....not really" he said and then I felt someone hugging me from behind.

I gasped and tried to turn around when I noticed the familiar cell phone in the man's hands.

"Joon! What are you doing? If you were behind me you should have said something instead of calling!" I almost yelled. I felt a sudden warmth on my arm and noticed Joon's tears falling. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"My heart hurts..." he said lightly.

I frowned, worried and concerned, "come on...let's go home...you can talk with me at my apartment" I said lightly. He nodded and followed me back to the apartment building. He never let go of my hand the whole way there...even though he was walking behind me.

We got into the elevator and he suddenly hugged me from behind again. I lightly patted my hand against his arms and then held my hands to his arms hoping to ease his heart, even if just a little.

I took my keys out after reaching our floor and opened the door to my apartment. Joon still holding my hand as we walked. As soon as I opened the door he walked in and pulled me along with him.

He put his back to the wall, letting the door close itself behind us and pulled me into a strong hug. He rested his head on my shoulder and cried silently. I could tell he had been holding his tears in for a long time. I rested one of my hands on his back and the other on the top of his head as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"She....she..." he tried to say but his tears wouldn't allow him to continue.

I just nodded, "it's ok. You can cry all you need to...then you can tell me what happened" I comforted.

He nodded his head and wrapped his arms tighter around my shoulders. Shun looked around the corner. He strided over and quickly rubbed his body against Joon's leg. I smiled at Shun. Joon looked at the cat and chuckled lightly.

"Thanks Shun..." he managed through his gentle sobs.

After crying for a good 15 minutes he was finally starting to calm himself so he could move from the wall. Shun now laying by our feet and purring as he rested his head on Joon's foot and his paws on my foot.

I lightly took my arms away and Joon did the same. "Feel a little better now?" I asked looking Joon in the eyes.

He nodded and wiped away the rest of his tears with the back of his hand. I smiled in return to his nod. "Wanna sit on the couch? I'll go make some cocoa" I suggested.

Joon nodded, "Yeah" he smiled as he picked Shun up and moved to the living room. He sat on the couch and Shun naturally jumped from his arms to his lap. I walked into the kitchen and started the cocoa.

As I waited for it to finish I went into the living room and sat beside Joon and turned the TV on but set the volume down low.

"So...what happened?" I asked catiously.

Joon sighed in return, "well...you know that girl I went on a date with a few weeks ago when you had your interview?" he asked.

I nodded, "yeah. The one you ended up dating for these past 3 weeks" I replied.

He sighed again, "well...turns out...I wasn't her first boyfriend...she was cheating on someone else and using me as a way to make him jealous" he said as he slowly got quieter with his words.

I frowned and naturally hugged him, "Joonie!! It's ok! Shun will still be your lover!" I joked, hoping to lighten his mood.

Joon looked at the cat and pulled him into the hug. Then kissed his furry cheek.

"That's right. I always have Shun to love me!!" he joked back. I smiled and we both lightly laughed.

I let my arms go from Joon once I heard the cocoa was done.

"Oh...and you always got me too. I'm always gonna be here...even if it isn't as your lover" I smiled and walked into the kitchen.

Joon chuckled a little a said something that I couldn't really make out.

"Huh?" I asked looking around the corner again.

Joon just smiled and shook his head, "nothing...just confessing my love to Shun" he joked.

I rolled my eyes jokingly and went to finish up the cocoa.

 

-Joon's POV-

 

She took her arms away from my shoulders. For some reason my heart sank lower into my chest. I wanted her to hug me longer then she had.

"Oh...and you always got me yoo. I'm always gonne be here...even if it isn't as your lover" I heard her say as she walked around the corner to the kitchen.

I chuckled, "...If only you were my lover" I mumbled softly. "Then maybe i'd be happy..." I added to myself.

"Huh?" she asked as she cutely poked her head around the corner.

I just smiled and shook my head, pulling Shun back into a hug, "nothing...just confessing my love to Shun" I smiled.

I saw her roll her eyes jokingly as she went back into the kitchen. I smiled and happily awaited for her to come back to the room.

 

-TaeHyun POV-

 

I finished the cocoa and came back into the living room. I sat Joon's in front of him and mine beside his. I layed down a small bowl of milk for Shun on the floor beside the table. He jumped down and began to drink happily.

Joon picked up his cocoa and took a sip, "uwah! This is always the best when i'm sad" he smiled.

I nodded, "I try" I joked.

He chuckled and threw one arm around my shoulder, pulling me close into a one-armed hug.

I just leaned against him and sipped the cocoa as we sat in silence and watched 'Runningman", which happened to be the show that was on.

After finishing our cocoa I set my alarm on my clock, so I could wake up in time for my shift, and took the glasses into the kitchen to wash.

Joon followed after me, even though he was starting to look a little tired and worn out.

I started to wash the dishes and Joon again hugged me from behind and leaned his chin on my shoulder. I let him, thinking he was still sad and wanted contact with someone close.

I could feel his heart lightly pounding against my back and it was comforting me while he allowed me to comfort him.

He pulled his arms tighter around my waist and I almost felt like we were newlyweds.

My heart started to pick up pace in my chest. I could feel a small blush forming in my cheeks. I pushed the feeling away and shrugged it off as just being happy that Joon trusted me so much.

I finished the dished and went to take Joon's arms away so I could go back into the living room, but he didn't move an inch. I looked over and saw his face not even an inch from mine. His eyes stared straight into my own.

My heart began to quicken pace again. I could feel his fasten it's pace against my back as well. After a moment of staring at each other he pulled away and let his arms go from me.

I turned around and lightly leaned against the sink.

"I should...try to sleep now" I said gently.

Joon nodded, "Yeah...you probably work tomorrow...um..." he seemed like he wanted to ask something.

"Hm?" I asked, wanting him to continue.

"Is it ok if...I...stay here tonight?...you know...broken heart and all...I don't think I can sleep in my apartment alone with no one else there" he said with a small blush forming on his cheeks.

I smiled gently, "Oh yeah. Sure. That's fine" I replied.

For some reason I was hoping he would ask me something else. But...I didn't give any hint to that on my face. I just continued to smile.

"Do you want me to lay the ait matress out for you?" I offered. Joon shook his head silently.

"Nah. I can sleep on the couch" he smiled.

I nodded in return and went to grab some blankets for him. I opened the closet and reached for the top. I was just a little to short to reach.

Joon came up behind me and helped me get the blankets down.

"Oh...thanks" I smiled shyly.

He nodded, "making the patient get everything himself" he joked.

"What patient?" I joked back.

"The one with a case of a broken heart" he smiled.

I laughed lightly and nodded, "Night. See you in the morning" I said as I went into my room, leaving the door open, in case Joon needed anything in the middle of the night. I crawled into my covers, Shun jumped up to sleep beside my pillow, and I fell into a light sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next chapter will have some more JoonTae moments~ ^^ Hope you enjoyed this update~

 

MinHyun out!!