The Fear

Whisper In The Water

The water collapses around my body as I fly into the water. My back stings from the sudden landing against the water. My small arms reach for the surface for help. My eyes wide in fear as I look and see nothing but the moon reflecting against the rivers waves, the lights reflection across my face being my only company as I sink further and further into the water.

I slowly feel my eyes trying to close themselves. I force myself to stay awake even though I know my eyes will close, and I will die.

As my eyes are about to close I see a small figure jump into the water and swim towards me. I reach my hand out with the rest of my strength before I close my eyes after looking into the small boys eyes.

As I fade away from reality and life I feel an arm around my small waist and another pulling my arm forward. The last thing I hear is the sound of bubbles as we break through the surface. My mind goes blank and my eyes fade over with black as the fog pulls me away from my life.

‘Goodbye…my knight in shining armor’ I think my last thoughts as I slip into unconsciousness.

-10 years later-

I sit by the public pool as my friends swim without me. I sigh lightly and pull out a book and decide to read to pass the time of being by myself on the chair.

I open the book and let myself get lost in the pages and chapters of the book.

I don’t notice when one of my friends walks up to me until she lightly taps my shoulder.

“You’re not gonna swim TaeHyun?” I hear the voice of my best friend, HyoLi speak beside me.

I look up to her lightly, “…you know I can’t…” I say lightly with a small smile on my face.

She tries her best to smile and then nods, “oh, right. Sorry. I forgot. Well, I can sit up here with you if you want me to” she says crossing her arms over her chest lightly.

I nod my head and smile gently, “no. it’s ok Li~ you can go have fun in the water~ I have my books” I smiled.

HyoLi hesitated for a moment but then nodded and went back to the water to her other friends. I waved lightly to her and then went back to reading.

After getting about half of the book done I place my SHINee bookmark into the book page and lightly close the book. I stand lightly and stretch. I look around me then look up to the ceiling at the beautiful colored tiles that lined the ceiling. I looked at all the fun things to do but then stopped wanting to have fun once I noticed the water underneath everything. I sighed and sat back down and pulled out my IPod and started to play some music.

I closed my eyes lightly and fell into a light sleep with nothing better to do.

-Dream/Flashback-

My arms reached for the surface as my mind filled with thoughts of not wanting to die and my tears dissolved into the water just as they would build up in my eyes.

My lungs slowly filled and expanded with water as I sank deeper and deeper.

The boy splashed into the water and reached his hand towards me.

He was close to me but felt so far away. I looked to see his face-

-Reality-

I jumped up lightly with a bit of sweat building on my face. I caught my breathe and stood to go to the bathroom.

I walked into the girl’s room and walked to a sink and turned it on lightly.

I splashed some of the water on my face and let it drop from my hair and face back onto the porcelain sink.

I lifted my face up and looked at myself in the mirror. I could see the traces of fear still in my eyes. I wipe my face with a towel hanging from the wall and walked back out of bathroom and went back to my things. I grabbed my things and said goodbye to everyone and decided to go home for the day.

I went into the changing room and changed into my clothes, my deep blue tank top, black Capri shorts, black socks, black vans, and my thin black beanie.

I walked out of the changing room and walked out of the indoor pool building. I then proceeded to the bus terminal.

I found my home bus stop and sat on the bench waiting for the next bus to stop by.

I only had to wait for about 5 minutes till the bus actually arrived. I had just enough time to buy myself a vanilla and chocolate swirl ice cream cone.

I finished my cone quickly and got on the bus. I paid the bus fare and found myself a vacant seat. I grab my bag and laid it on my lap as I sat and waited for my stop.

It took about an hour to get to my home stop. I got off the bus after pulling the rope beside me to ring the bell and got off the bus landing lightly on the side walk.

I walk along the quiet and empty side walk as I headed home. I occasionally have someone say hello to me as I walked along the road to find my apartment complex.

I got to my building and turned into the automatic doors. I put in my password and proceeded inside the building. I checked my mail slot and found nothing but a letter from my mother. I smiled as I placed the letter into my bag and close the mail slot.

I walked to the elevator and pressed the button to go up to get to my apartment.

As the elevator opened and I stepped on a few people walked out. The door was about to close when a hand suddenly stopped the door and a boy ran into the elevator. I look at him lightly and then went back to looking at my IPod thinking nothing of him.

He went to push a button but then stopped, “Looks like we are going to the same floor” I hear him speak to me.

I look up to him and nod with a small smile, “I guess we are, sir” I say politely.

I see him stare at me for a moment then he began to laugh, “oh no. You don’t have to call me sir. I’m not that old yet~” he said as he chuckled lightly.

I smiled and nodded, “oh. Um…alright” I smile cautiously.

He looked back to and was about to say something when the elevator door opened, “oh well…see ya later” he smiled lightly and walked out of the elevator.

I nodded to him and followed him out. He stopped at the apartment door right before mine and went inside just as I began to unlock my door.

I stopped for a moment and then shrugged, ‘he must be our new neighbor. I’ll have to tell Shun about our neighbor~’ I thought to myself happily.

I got inside and closed the door behind me as I ran into the living room to the couch. “Shun~” I yelled as I hugged the figure lying on the couch.

“We have a new neighbor Shun~” I smiled as I sat up and let Shun rest on my lap.

“Are you excited about the new neighbor Shun?” I asked as I lightly rubbed his head.

Shun looked up to me and then with a small purr said, “Meow~” in his cute little cat voice.

I smiled, “Yeah~ I’m excited to Shun~…I’ll go get your dinner ready~” I smiled as I lifted the cat from my lap and placed him gently on the couch again.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled Shun’s bowl down from the counter and laid it onto the floor. I reached into the top cabinet and got a can of cat food down. I opened it lightly and poured every last drop of the canned food into Shun’s bowl. I heard a light thump as Shun got down from the couch and ran into the kitchen to eat his food with a meow and a series of loud purrs.

I smiled as he ate and went to put my things away in my room and do the laundry for my next week of job searching.

I hummed lightly as I did my work around the house and then after about an hour of being home and working around the apartment I hear the apartment room bell ring. I stopped hanging my laundry on my balcony lightly and went to answer the door, “coming” I said lightly.

I walked to the door and unlocked it. I then opened the door with a smile, “yes?” I asked lightly.

I see the man from the elevator standing in front of my door. He smiled lightly, “oh. Hi. I was just coming to say hello to my new neighbors. Looks like it’s you” he smiled happily. “Guess I don’t have to feel too awkward. May I come in?” he asked lightly.

I nod, “oh. Yes, please, come in” I smiled happily and opened the door wider offering for him to come in.

As I close the door Shun pokes his head around the corner with a small mew. I smile lightly but before I can pick him up my new neighbor walks over and picks him up lightly with a smile. “Aww~ hey there little guy~ you’re so small. What’s your name?” he asks lightly as he pets Shun under his chin, which was Shun’s favorite.

I smiled happily; “his name is Shun” I smiled.

The man looked at me, “Aw~ Shun is it? He is a very handsome cat” he smiled as he placed Shun back onto the floor. Shun then ran to the kitchen to finish his food.

I smiled, “yes. He is~” I said happily as I walked back to my balcony to finish hanging the clothes. “You can make yourself at home if you want to...um…I’m sorry. I guess I never asked for your name” I said as I picked up a shirt to hang up.

I could hear him walk outside behind me, “Oh. My name is Joon. Lee Joon” he smiled. “May I ask your name?” he asked almost shyly.

I nodded, “Of course. My name is TaeHyun. Lee TaeHyun” I smiled.

“Aww. TaeHyun-sshi? Your name is very beautiful. Just like its owner” he said. After a moment he started laughing as though to make his embarrassment go away.

I blushed and laughed with him, “Um. Thank you” I smiled happily. “Your name is very handsome just like its owner too” I said and then laughed my embarrassment away as well.

“I try~” he said jokingly. We both laughed for a little while until I finished laundry and walked back inside. “Sorry. I was in the middle of doing laundry. I can make you something to drink if you would like?” I ask as I sit the laundry basket where it belongs and turned to look at Joon.

He thought for a moment then smiled, “bottled water would be fine” he said lightly.

I nodded, “alright then…one bottled water coming up~” I smiled as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle water out of the fridge.

I handed it to him lightly and he gently sat down on the couch as he looked around. “Your house is a bit to clean” he joked and laughed lightly.

I nodded, “well…until I find a job I can only clean up my own house with my spare time” I smiled lightly as I took a seat beside him and turned the TV on lightly.

Shun jumped onto the couch and laid down between the two of us. I smiled and rubbed Shun’s head and back lightly. He purred and I just smiled as I pulled my legs to my chest and watched the TV. I looked over to talk with Joon and I noticed he was sleeping peacefully.

I smiled and lightly went into my room and grabbed a spare blanket. I laid the blanket over him and moved Shun to his cat bed so that Joon could sleep peacefully. I walked into the kitchen and started to do the dishes that I still had from earlier today before I left to the swimming pool.

After finishing the dishes I walked back into the living room with a small glass of herbal tea and a nutrient bar. I watched a little bit more TV before I finished my drink and snack. I then went back to the kitchen and washed the cup then placed it on the drying rack beside the sink.

I walked back into the living room and went to wake Joon up but decided against it, seeing as he was sleeping so well. I went into my own room and lay on my bed, listening to my IPod, as I also fell into a light peaceful sleep just as the sun began to set.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked chapter one~ ^^ Please give me some feedback about the story~ Any comments are appreciated and are always welcome on  any of my stories and not just this one~ Thanks~!!

 

MinHyun Out!!