Insoo (2) Special Enough

MYNAME Scenarios/Oneshots

Inhaling deep you slowly exhale, trying to control your racing heart and shaking hands and legs. Since a long time you’re going on a date and you can’t be more nervous than you are right now.

You re-did your hair at least four times, switched shoes five times as you’re not quite sure he’d like casual or a little bit more neat and for three minutes you’ve been staring at your perfume bottles, having a hard time to decide which perfume to use.

Because it has been a long time you wonder if you’re not too old for this – or that it’s going to be one big disaster as you’re not sure what to expect and do.

By now Insoo is walking back and forth at your front door, too nervous to ring the bell. It’s not a super special date: he just wants to take you out for a walk and maybe grab a coffee or something to eat but he too hasn’t done this in a while and yes – that’s pretty nerve-wrecking.

Placing his finger on the doorbell he takes a deep breath and presses the bell, letting out a shaky breath when he hears the doorknob turn revealing a just as nervous (or maybe a more nervous?) you.

“H-hey. Are you ready?” he stutters, blushing madly as he looks at you. He admires the way you’re dressed – neat, yet casual. How can someone in such a simple outfit like that look as stunning as you. Or maybe that’s just the butterflies in his stomach making him fall for you even more.

“Mhm, I just need to get my coat” you sweetly smile, quickly turning around to grin widely. Sure, you’ve seen Insoo a million times before and of course, you always thought he was handsome. But today it’s more than handsome – and maybe that’s too because you look at him differently. Either way, the nerves in your stomach make you nauseous, but you’re excited to go.

As you’re used from Insoo, he helps you to take on your coat and when you’re ready to go he holds the door open for you. You chuckle and thank him – he sure did get raised well.

During the walk the both of you just talk about the last few weeks as you haven’t seen each other for a while. Yes, you and Insoo were friends before but you never look at him that way before. It was only when he once brought you home from a party you both went to, when he dropped you off at your house and asked you out, ‘confessing’ that he really likes you.

Even though you’ve been friends for a while now – being with together alone, on a date makes you feel uneasy. Because of his nerves though Insoo talks a lot, making you laugh at his cuteness and thus makes you feel more comfortable around him.

The way his lips purse whenever he talks and thinks is admirable and how his eyes smile along with his mouth is absolutely stunning and cute. It’s only this moment you wonder why you haven’t noticed this before – why you haven’t noticed him before.

“So, where do you wanna go?” you casually ask him, looking at him from the side admiring his facial features. Despite his plump, permanent lips which gives him a slight feminine appearance, you think Insoo is handsome. The way his bangs cover his forehead and how he flicks it every once in a while as it’s poking his eyes makes him appear younger.

“Hmm, not sure. I know this cute little place where we can go?”

-x-x-x-

While having a seat at the window you’re checking out every person walking by as you wait for Insoo to come back with your orders. It’s a small little coffee house, owned by a really kind old lady whoms face brightened up the minute you’d walked in. She’d fluttered to the desk, gladly helping you at as she couldn’t take off her eyes from Insoo. “Oh, you’re so handsome” she had chimed, making Insoo shy and blush. “You have a handsome man by your side young lady” the old lady had chuckled, her eyesmile as big as ever. You’d awkwardly chuckles along with Insoo, telling the older woman you’re not together. “Ahw, too bad. It’d be a perfect match.”

Those words echo in your mind and when Insoo puts down your order you flinch, falling back to reality. “Something wrong?” he asks while seating himself next to you, taking a nip from his drink and looks outside.

“Hm? No. Thanks” you smile and cup the mug with both your hands. “It smells delicious~”

“It does, doesn’t it? I always stop by here whenever I have time and feel like taking a moment to myself.”

“It’s peaceful here, yes.”

A couple of moments only the sound of the old lady cleaning the desk and the machines is heard, silence between the two of you lingering comfortably in the air as suddenly Insoo turns to you. “Can I ask you something ___?”

“Sure.”

“I know this hasn’t been a really special date but.. would you like to go out with me again, this time for real?”

You chuckle at his choice of words but nod your head. “I’d love too.”

“I’m glad! Shall I take you home now, as it’s getting dark outside?”

Helping you up and cleaning the table for the older woman you thank her and wish her lovely evening, before being led outside by Insoo. Once outside you shake your shoulders as you didn’t expect it to be so cold. “Let’s go” Insoo says and before you can even react or process what’s happening you feel his fingers intertwine with yours, his soft warm skin radiating against your cold ones. A shock of warmth shoots through your veins, making your cheeks heat up and turn bright red. Your heart skips a beat and it’s hard to control any emotion or thought you’re having now while walking besides Insoo who’s holding your hand.

So maybe it wasn’t a special date, but to you it was special enough to make you feel warm and giddy – to open up your heart to let Insoo slowly but surely in and to make you excited for your second date.