Gunwoo (1) (Drabble) Coming home

MYNAME Scenarios/Oneshots

It's really late so there can be errors here and there :). Plus it's just a rough drabble so nothing big ^^



“Yeobo~”

..

“Hello~”

..

“___-ah~”

..

A frustrated sigh is heard. Someone walks up to the kitchen to disappear behind the refrigerator’s door only to be slammed shut once the person took whatever he needed. Plopping down next to you the couch dips down while you don’t move an inch.

Whatever word, sound, movement is been heard or made, you don’t flinch your eyes, not once – too lost in your own thoughts.

Worrisome makes Gunwoo loose his appetite, putting the food he just took out the fridge on the table in front of him. He turns his body to you, placing an arm around your shoulders carefully. Leaning closer he softly presses his warm lips to your cold cheek, making him startle a little. He hurries out of the living room, desperate to find something. Sighing in relieve he finds what he’s looking for and quickly makes his way back to the living room, where you’re still sitting in the same position you have been sitting in for the last hour or so.

Gunwoo pulls a blanket over your body, tugging you in and carefully rubbing your arms. “You’re freezing.” When no reactions follows, he sighs. Silently leaving the room again, he walks to the kitchen getting something to drink. Hoping you’ll drink something and feel better after it he takes it to the living room, handing it to you. To his surprise you do drink, even if it’s just a little sip. Taking the cup from you he places it down on the table in front of you, noticing how little drops reflect the light from the lamp.

With a soft expression on his face he wipes away the tears with his thumbs. “Don’t cry pretty girl” and with only these words lingering in the air between you he hugs you, with no further questions asked.

Only that gesture makes you cry out – being in Gunwoo’s arms means it’s okay to cry, it’s safe and it feels like a home. It’s a feeling you’ve long forgot, a feeling that has grown distant from you and a feeling you found back the day Gunwoo kept you safe in his arms.

From the beginning Gunwoo knew you’d be carrying a bag full of bricks. Bricks that one by one make your life difficult to live. Bricks that resembles problems and memories that you’ve tried so hard to forget. And eventhough you managed to break a lot of bricks, some of them remain complete – they’re still heavy and weight too much to carry around, day in and day out.
From the beginning Gunwoo was there for you, breaking those bricks with you. But he also knows that most of it is up to you, and he can only be there for you. Holding you when you cry, taking care of you when you don’t, softly singing you to sleep..

That feeling when you’re in Gunwoo’s arms was frighting really – in the beginning that is, now you’ve got used to it.

The first day you were scared he’d run away, leave you alone just like everybody else.

The fifth day you realized that this kid might be different.

The sixteenth day you came to think off that he maybe would stay with you.

The thirtieths day you figured that, even without using words, he’s going to stay nonetheless.

The fact he didn’t just run away like all the others did, makes you feel safe and for once you might feel a little.. loved. And up until this day (you’ve start losing track) you never spoken a word to him (about the bag of bricks that is) – yet you feel he completely understands.

Maybe it’s because he’s a man of few words himself which makes him understand the true meaning of feelings and gestures..

..and that’s probably the safeness that makes you feel like you’re coming home when Gunwoo is comforting you in his arms: the feeling of being understood with no words said at all is one you treasure most.


Thank you for reading~ leave a message :3?