Insoo (1) Silence

MYNAME Scenarios/Oneshots

You watch your boyfriend nod as he's talking to the doctor. They shake each others hands and the doctor leaves, leaving you and Insoo behind in the treatment room. He turns around and watches you with worry in his eyes. You see him sigh and walks up to you.

Yep, that's right. You can't hear anything really. A week ago you started to feel weak and feverish and before you knew it the cold – or whatever you had caught – caused you to lose your hearing. So here you are, in the hospital wondering what they'd find and how long it's going to take to recover. Of course it has to heal itself, and you have no doubt about it going away because it will for sure. It's just frustrating you can't hear anything.

You pout and watch Insoo as he takes your hand. His hands are giving you a warm and safe feeling and for a moment you feel your worries wash away as he sweetly smiles at you his eyes assuring you he'll take care of you – like he always does.
The worries come back right after you see his lips move but no words are heard. You sigh frustrated, it's going to be some few long days like this. He watches your face turn into a frown and smiles once more. He mouths home
and you nod.

You can't wait to plop down on the couch, or bed, and get some rest. If possible you'd sleep through all of this and wake up at the of this week with your hearing back. Unfortunately you know that is never going to happen and Insoo won't let it happen either. As cheerful as he is he'll try to make you feel better in every way that he can – and you love him for that.

On the way back to his dorm you pick up some stuff from your apartment as you and Insoo decided in the hospital it'd be better if you'd stay with them for a few days. They have their schedules but this way you won't be alone all the time, and you won't be alone at night. Plus the schedules for the next days aren't that busy. You feel guilty you're burdening the members with your stay though.

Walking into their living room you startle as Joonkyu walks around the corner. You let out a shriek – it's going to be hard to adapt to the fact you can hardly hear a thing. You see him mouthing a
sorry and walks up to his hyung.

“What did they say?”

“It's going to take some days, and rest but she'll be fine”
Insoo smiles softly as he places down your stuff. “We're just going to have to help her.”

While the two of them are talking you plop down on the couch, turning on the TV. Luckily for you things such as subtitles exists making it a little easier to follow the shows that are on. Nonetheless you sigh in frustration and get up to walk to the kitchen. How in the world are you going to survive these days? Getting something to drink you gulp down the entire glass in one go and put down the glass with a hard bang.
Hearing the sound Insoo rushes into the kitchen. Seeing you bent over the counter with your head buried in your arms he sighs. As your body trembles a little he walks up to you and softly touches your arms. You startle and look up to see your boyfriend looking worriedly at you. As a tear strolls down your face he wipes it away with his thumb. He shakes his head telling you not to cry and pulls you in for a tight hug. You sob into his chest for a few minutes before pulling back again. Feeling somewhat relieve Insoo takes your hand and leads you to his and Joonkyu's bedroom.

He motions for you to sit down on the bed and he rummages through his desk drawers. He takes out a notebook and pencil and plops down next to you. He starts to write down some words and when finished he hands you the notebook.


Are you okay? Feel feverish? Take a shower okay? I'll go and make some food for you.


“I feel fine, a little tired.. and frustrated. I will, thank you” you say as you smile at him. He kisses your forehead and takes the notebook from you. He starts scribbling down some words again and as he gives it to you he gets up and leaves the room.

You can sleep here tonight, with me. I'll ask Joonkyu. Just call whenever you need anything.

You smile as you're reading his words but it soon drops as you realize you don't want to burden Joonkyu. He has a schedule tomorrow and it isn't your attention to take away his bed tonight. Sleeping on the couch is a no go and you'll tell him and Insoo the moment you see them.

Taking your sweater and sweatpants out your bag you make your way to the bedroom, almost bumping into Chaejin. Seeing his mouth moving you figure he's probably apologizing way too many times and nudge his arms to shut him up.
“Don't bother, I don't hear it” you say chuckling as you disappear into the bathroom and lock the door, leaving a flustered Chaejin behind.

After the shower you feel a lot better and you join Insoo and the members for dinner. You have to say, you've always wondered what it'd be like to have a quiet dinner with the members seeing they're normally so energetic and lively but experiencing this you can't wait to have a chaotic dinner with them again. You chuckle at your own thoughts but are oblivious to the heads turning your direction. You happily eat the food Insoo made feeling your body getting a little stronger with eating this meal.

You help Joonkyu and Insoo with the dishes and by the time you're almost finished you manage to convince both Insoo and Joonkyu to let him sleep in his bed and that you'll take the couch. The boys already work very hard and they need their rest. You'll sleep anywhere seeing your body and mind is still very tired from the fever you had before so the couch doesn't seem that bad.

You spent the evening browsing the internet and reading some while the boys are slouched down on the couch, enjoying whatever program they are watching. Suddenly you feel two strong arms wrapping around your neck hugging you tightly. The familiar scent of your boyfriend calms down your heartbeat as he scared the hell out of you. People really should stop creeping up behind you like this. You get scared easily anyways and this is not helping. He pushes your hand away from the keyboard and starts typing himself.


We're going to bed, you should rest some too.

He kisses your cheek softly before disappearing into his bedroom. You close down the computer and put it away before you make your way to the livingroom. The boys left a little light on so you can find your way and as you sit down you see Insoo appear carrying two pillows and sheets. You laugh as you watch him struggle and want to take them from him but he quickly avoids you. He ushers you to the bathroom and while you're washing up and make yourself ready to go to bed, he transforms the couch into a bed, ready to be slept on.

As he's tucking you in you see his eyes are filled with worry. You sigh.
“I'm fine, really.” He looks up to you and smiles softly as he nods at your words. “You should go to sleep too” you tell him, ruffling his hair. You chuckle as you know how much he hates it when his hair gets messed up and stick out your tongue. He does the same and seeing his body shake you figure he's chuckling too. He kisses your lips in the sweetest way one can imagine and mouths a I love you. “I love you too, good night” and turn off the lights when Insoo disappears into his and Joonkyu's room.

Eventhough you're body screams for rest and your mind begs for some sleep, you can't help but lie restless on the couch, turning and tossing to a point where you frustrate yourself.

It's probably hard to imagine but no matter how hard you sometimes wish for something to be gone, the harder you beg for it to come back. Like in this case your hearing. You don't know how many times you've wished it'd be quiet for some time, or that you just couldn't hear a thing for a moment. When people around you are screaming and yelling while you're reading something or when you're trying to have a conversation with another person, silence is all you wish for. If you'd have ever known that silence could be this disturbing, you'd never ever had a thought like that before.

It's true what they say.
“You'll miss it when it's gone.” Some things we take for granted – hearing is one of them. You can't imagine never hearing a thing in your life.

To think of it.. the thought itself makes you sad. Imagining you won't ever hear Insoo's voice again waters your eyes. His voice soothing you whenever you feel down or upset, the soft lullabies he sings when you can't sleep – it makes you shiver to think never hearing that again. Or Chaejin's aegyo voice whenever he wanted something and you wouldn't give in. A small chuckle leaves your throat between the sobs.

In the meantime the clock says it's 3:17AM and you're still awake. You
know it will go away and it'll heal itself but imagining these things keeps you thinking and sobbing.

Suddenly you feel a cold hand resting on your arm. The couch dips down and suddenly a body is pressed against your back. You know it's Insoo, you
feel it's Insoo – there's no doubt about that. He must have heard you sob as he couldn't sleep either, worried about you. You snuggle close to him and intertwine your hand with his. He squeezes it lightly letting you know he's here for you and kisses the back of your neck. You feel his breath tickling it and his lips move against your skin. A vibrating is palpable and you know he's humming a lullaby. You also know he knows you won't hear it but just the thought of it soothes your mind, thinking positively that one day this week – or next week – you'll be able to hear it again.

You smile contently.
“Thank you oppa. I love you” you say as you feel his lips form a smile. He kisses the back of your neck once more before pulling you closer.


Aish, there should be more MYNAME scenarios/fics x.x they deserve the love <3 Thank you for reading (>^-^<)

'xo xo