HIDE AND SEEK

year later

CHAPTER 31

HIDE AND SEEK

 

 

 

TIFFANY’S POV

 

 

The first thing I realize when I open my eyes was that I’m not in America anymore. My heart knows this place so much. This is the place that I called home after my mom died. It was the very place where I fall in love for the first time. The same place where I lose myself because of loving someone who never look at me with love.

 

 

“Miss Tiffany we just arrive in Korea. Is it your first time here?” I look at Soo and after that I look at the window of the airplane. I know the answer but there was something preventing me to say. Do I really want to be here when my heart tells me that there is just pain the last time I was here? Do I fit this place again?

 

 

“Miss Tiffany?” I gain my senses the moment she calls me. “It’s…my first time here.” I look back to the window. It was true in a sense. It’s my first time here as someone new. Someone who never remember her past. The last memory I hold here in Korea was having Yuri and Yoona as my friends. They are the last reason that I would open up connection in Korea.

 

 

“Soo…” “Yes Miss Tiffany?” I look at her and there she was again. Playing cool but she never forget to smile at me. It was just like automatic for her to smile. “Will you give me a favor?” “Yes ofcourse Miss Tiffany.” “Soo Will you stop calling me formally? Please call me in any nickname you want.” “As you wish Tiffany?”

 

 

“I told you to call me in any nickname. Why do you still call me that way?” “I wasn’t finish yet Tiffany Fany~” “Soo do you know that nicknames are made to call someone more convenient?” “Yes why it’s convenient for me.” “It's long.” “Why? Can't nicknames be long? I like it that way and you told me I can call you anything I like.”

 

 

She got a point there. I decided not to fight with her anymore. After we got off the airplane, Soo gets our luggage and go to the exit. I saw Yoona hitting Yuri’s shoulder like they were in a fight. Well not that serious fight. It was just a little lover’s quarrel due to too much teasing. A few moments later both their attention were to Sooyoung and I.

 

 

“Tiffany!” Yoona shouted while running to me with Yuri behind her. She stop in front of me. “Hi Yuri.” I tease Yoona and act like I was about to hug Yuri. Yoona pulls Yuri closer to her. “Hey! I greet you first so I have the credit to be hug first.” I hug Yoona and look at Yuri. “Welcome to Korea Tiffany.” She smiled at me while signalling that she only hugs her Yoona.

 

 

“By the way guys, this is SooYoung my secretary. SooYoung this is Yoona and Yuri. They are the representatives of the company we contact here. They are my friends.” Both Yoona and Yuri smiled at Soo. “Hi. I’m Sooyoung nice meeting you.” Sooyoung bows at them. “No need to be too formal to us. Tiffany’s friend are our friend too.” They smile at each other.

 

 

We got into the car. As expected Yoonyul was sitting next to each other so I sit next to Soo. Speaking of her she was looking at the Yoonyul duo. Just a few moments she smiled then look at me. I just smile at her too. I look at the window watching at the places that change a little. I feel little hungry and I can see that Soo was feeling the same. She’s a shikshin and that’s a secret.

 

 

“Yah! What’s your problem now?” both Soo and I look at the Yoonyul duo. Soo leans closer to me and whisper something. “Why are they fighting?” I look at her and give her an I-don't-know look. Soo seems to be concern to them. Well she was like that. It's normal for her. Inside those cool acts were hidden concern and love for everyone around her. I just like when I first meet her.

 

 

(Flashback)

 

 

After I got back here in America I never go out of my room. I don't know where I should get strength to stand up. I was just there sitting in my bed. I was looking at endless thoughts. Thoughts of that person that even if that night I was angry at her. I was silently shouting for her to save me but she never saw herself even her shadow. It was more painful than this wound I got on my face.

 

 

I heard a knock on my door it was my dad. “Stephanie, don't do this to yourself. You should leave things that hurt you behind.” “Appa how would I be able to do that?” “If you like appa will give you something to make you busy.” “Would that help appa?” “Yes. Handle the company Stephanie. I’ll let them teach you how.” “Yes appa. I’ll do that but I want to learn it myself.”

 

 

My dad just hug me. I felt security and comfort in his arms. Involuntarily my tears started falling and my dad tighten his hug on me. He was gently my hair like I was still his little baby princess. He was slowly putting me to sleep like when I was a child. Slowly I felt tired of crying that I slowly close my eyes and drifted to my own dreamland.

 

 

The next morning I go to the company with my dad but he need to go somewhere for a meeting. He left me to a manager who will explain things to me. I really hate it when people tells me what to do because for the record I know this things because of Yoona. I was there while she was training and studying all about managing their company so I know this.

 

 

I am really bored with this people telling me this and that. I just need to get this manager to away from me. Just then I saw a restroom and an idea go to my mind instantly. “Excuse me but may I go to the restroom?” “Yes Miss Stephanie.” I really hate this formal thing. I go inside the restroom then I look outside to check if that manager was still there.

 

 

I just when the manager was about to look for me in the restroom an employee call her. As the employee was talking to her, I run out of the restroom. I look at back and the manager was following me but she was far from me. I saw a door opened I little I need to hide there. I entered the room. I sit on the floor and rested my back on the door.

 

 

Then the knob move and the door slowly opening. I thought the door would open but someone inside the room stop it and look outside to see who is opening the door. She was tall and skinny. “Do you see someone enter this room?” she look at me. “I’m sorry but I saw no one.” Then the person from outside started running the right direction away from the room.

 

 

I stand up and deeply sigh. The girl closed the door and look at my face. Suddenly she grab my hand and make me sit on the couch. She go to the table and return with a gauze pad and medical tape. She leans close to me. I froze in place because she was so close that I can smell her cologne. Then she look in my eyes but after a few seconds she broke her stare.

 

 

 She gently blow on my wound. I never know that the gauze pad on my wound was gone. Maybe it fell when I was running away. She gently put the gauze pad and seal it in place with the medical tape. She move away from me but she was still sitting in front of me. “Why are you doing those things?” she look at me and warmly smile at me. “It's because I care.”

 

 

(End of Flashback)

 

 

 

I smile at that thought and Soo look at me. “Okay baby Yoongie we’re going to eat now. Just wait a little. By the way, that’s another reason why I love you. It's because you are a shikshin” both Soo and I smiled at them. “They are like kids right?” “Those kids are my friends Soo.” Both of us just continued to smile until we reach the restaurant and eat together.

 

 

 

 

 

YURI’S POV

 

 

Yoongie and I were trying hard to stop Tiff and Soo from going to the office today. They should be resting now but they insist that they need to learn more about the company. To be honest we should be happy but we are not ready yet. I mean Taeng is still in the company and we cannot let them see each other. Well Soo can meet her but not Tiff.

 

 

We lead them to Yoongie’s office. I excuse Yoona and me for a while. “Yoongie, ottoke? Taeng is still in office.” “Yuwie, take Taeng will I guide them. As much as possible don't let Taeng get near my office. This will not last long since they are tired from their journey.” I nodded and kiss Yoongie’s forehead. I wave my hand and run to find Taeng.

 

 

I run to Sica’s department and find Sica walking in the hallway. “Sica, where’s Taeng?” “Oh you don't see her on your way. She’s going to see Yoon for some financial issues.” “What!” I run going to Yoongie’s office. Taeng can't reach the office before me. At last, I see Taeng. I run faster and grab her arm. She was shock to see me and my actions.

 

 

Taeng let’s eat first okay?” “But Yuri I need to…” “Yes we are going to eat. Thanks Taeng.” She have no choice because I drag her to the canteen. We are in the canteen with the foods in front of me. I really don't want eat because I just eat with Yoongie earlier. “Yuri I heard that the clients already arrive. So when could I meet them?” “Ah…them…maybe tomorrow because they are tired.”

 

 

“Well you got a point there. By the way I need to bring this to Yoonie.” “That! I’ll give it to her myself.” “Why I was the one assigned to do that?” “Because…Taeng I need to do this so that she’ll think I was worthy of her…please I beg you…I really love her and I’ll do everything just to make her believe me again…” “O-o-okay” I sigh in relief but I know that this day still don't end.

 

 

I accompany Taeng to Sica’s department. I go to Yoongie’s office and see Tiff and Soo carefully listening to Yoongie. When she saw me, she smiled at me. I walk to her desk. “Special delivery from the financing department.” “Financing department?” “Yes. By the way Yuwie thanks for delivering it yourself.” “You’re welcome my Yoongie. Excuse me but I need to go.”

 

 

I was about to go out when someone questioned me. “Yuri, I thought you are Yoong’s assistant but why are you always going somewhere?” “Tiff I gave her that job to go around the whole company because I can't do it.” “She’s right Tiff. I can't let my Yoongie do that because it's a tiring job. So I believe I should get going. By the way, Sica will go here later.”

 

 

“Sica is working here?” “Yes, Sica is working here about two months ago.” “Two months? You’ve been working with that girl who broke your heart before Yoong?” “Tiff, past is past. She changed a lot and she was the one to comfort me when I needed someone. She’s also the sister of my first love, Krys.” “If that’s what you say I’ll believe it. Well, I wish I can meet her.”

 

 

“Don't worry Tiff I’ll tell her about you so that you can meet each other.” I smile at her and go out of Yoongie’s office.  I go to Sica’s work place and find Taeng talking seriously with Sica. I don't know what they are talking about. Then I heard Taeng speak loudly. “Sica, trust me you need to learn how to joke.” Just then I realize that Taeng was just again forcing Sica to learn joking.

 

 

I entered the place and sit next to Sica. “Don't listen to her Sica. You don't need to do joking because it's not your talent.” “Yah Yuri I’m getting Sica as my first student.” “Come on Taeng she’s not born with that talent.” Just then Sica hit us the same time on the arm. “Yah the two of you stop teasing me around. And Yuri it's almost dinner if Yoon is busy today, you should treat her for dinner.”

 

 

“Yes I guess I should call her for you Yuri.” “No Taeng I’ll do it myself and you should just go grab some things that you may do.” “Okay.” I bid them goodbye then I run to Yoongie’s office. I found them all just sitting on the couch. “Have you finish business things?” “Yes Yuri so you want to bond with me alone. You know I miss hanging around with you.”

 

 

I saw Yoongie’s glare at Tiff so I walk next to her and hug her from the back. “I’m sorry Tiff but I think I got very special dinner tonight right Yoongie?” Yoongie just nodded. “Is that so? I think the two of you should go now.” “Maybe later Tiff. I think Soo needs to know more of our employees here and I think my Yuwie here can help you with that.”

 

 

“Now that’s why I love my Yoongie. She always think I can do everything and because she just think that I can handle those people.” I hug her tighter. “Hey Soo buddy. I think we should go now so that I can return in time for my dinner with my cute angel here.” I smiled at Soo and she nodded. I lean closer to Yoongie and kiss her on the forehead before Soo and I go.

 

 

 

-

TAEYEON’S POV

 

 

 

I feel like something is happening in the office today. It was like Yoona and Yuri are hiding something from me. They don't let me go near Yoona’s office. Sometimes I feels like they are playing hide and seek with me. But what caught my attention was, why they would do this today that our big clients are here. I don't even get a glimpse of that client.

 

 

Since they don't let me meet that client, I just decided to go with my works normal flow. When I get to Sica’s department there was someone that I don't remember I have met before. I entered the room and they introduce her to me. She was the secretary of our client. After knowing that I was not that needed there since Soo was there, I return to my office.

 

 

I never know why it started to rain so hard. Earlier it was so hot like summer. I walk closer to my window. There were drops on the window. I slowly put my index finger on the window. It was as if I can touch them. Rainy days remind me of the day I lose her. Yes. I lose the girl of my life that very day. My heart broke into pieces because I can't even do anything.

 

 

A few minutes I started to hear thunders and I can see lightning too. Lightning really reminds me of that girl. She was independent and motherly to everyone. You will never see that she is afraid of those lightning in the sky when it rains. I used to go to her apartment and accompany her until she drifted to her dreamland.

 

 

I just wish that during this time there was someone who will hug her. Someone to calm her down. Someone who will never leave her until she feels safe to sleep. If there was someone with her tonight I just wish that person will never turn to be like me. I just wish that person will stay awake the whole night watching her and securing her safety.

 

 

I just realize this little detail that I usually thought like nothing. I have nothing to say but that those little details I know I about her keeps me living and waiting for her. It's really late that I realize this things. If only I was mature enough to realize that I have everything and that was her. I could have been happy with her. Come back to me Tiffany.

 

 

I was still staring at the window until the lights turned off. It was really dark now. The good thing was that we have a generator so the lights would be back after a minute. I waited for the lights to turn on but ten minutes pass nothing happen. I decided to check what’s happening. I walk out of my office and since there was no electricity I need to use the stairs which is across Yoona’s office.

 

 

I walk to the hallway. I was about to pass Yoona’s office when I heard someone sobbing inside. It must be Yoona but where is her Yuri to comfort her. I decided that I can't just let Yoona alone there. I entered her office. I walk a little but there was something that I don't see which cause me to fall on the floor. The sobbing sound is even louder. I decided to crawl.

 

 

“Hello…is anyone he…”  I don't finish my question when I felt arms wrap around me. This cause me to sit on the floor. She was shaking in fear as if she was going to die due to the darkness surrounding us. I don't know but I automatically wrap my left hand on her waist and the other gently her hair trying to calm her down. She must really be afraid of the dark.

 

 

“it's okay…everything’s fine…I’m here…” I don't know how I was able to tell her that. I can feel my heart gradually increasing its beating speed. I can't understand what this feeling is. I feel so comfortable with this person it was as if I have done this to her. I never felt this before. It was like I am hugging someone that my heart was longing for a long time.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys another update here...

Thanks for your comments...

I got energetic to update faster...

 

 

Please leave me your vies and commets..

 

Yeongie07