RESIGNATION?

year later
CHAPTER 26
RESIGNATION?
 
 
 
 
 
 
YURI'S POV
 
 
 
 
Another day at the office Yoona was quite you know paranoid. She dont want to get near me. For short, she's ignoring me. I really dont know but she was weird. There are times when I caught her looking at me. I dont remember saying anything bad at her. Didnt I? I was this good and energetic assistant of her like the normal way. Am I?
 
 
 
Even if Yoona is ignoring me I tried to be approachable just if ever she get to her sense and talk to me. She was just passing by at my desk without looking at me. Do I exist? Maybe to her no. I tried to do my best for her to see me ofcourse I didnt do the mascot thing. Its not interesting and i'll just be embarrass if ever I did that.
 
 
 
After an hour was a scheduled meeting. I was about to call Yoona when she come out of her office with the folders that she might need. Tell me. Am I still needed here? I mean I have no job to do if she didnt want to me to do those. Another thing is that of all creature there is this stick human is here infront of me.
 
 
 
“Hey there Yuri! How's your tiring day?” I look at him with the are-you-making-me-angry look. “Dont you see she's ignoring me?” “I see lovers quarrel again?” “No. you cant use such definition because you know we are not lovers.” “Then how should I called it?” I was caught there. “Just call it 'Declined lover'.”
 
 
 
 
He finally get my point and get out off my sight. He is a good friend yet irritating some time. There are times when I want to push him down the stairs and act like I didnt do anything. I wondered how he stay here for many years. I really admire Yoona's patience in this case. My thinking was interrupted when Taeyeon appeared in font of me.
 
 
 
 
“Hey, want some break? You look like th whole world is against you or something.” she even smiled at me. “More than that Taeng...its that 'Y' is weird.” “So you dont know that?”  she laughed and I did the same. “I thought she was just weird. Now, I realize that she is even worst.” we continued to chuckle as we walk to the entrance.
 
 
 
 
Taeng was telling me that Yoona is such a nice girl but can act like someone crazy at times. “She was into something for sure Yuri” she drink her coffee and I was just looking outside. “But I believe she dont need to put it when we are at the office. I mean she must be professional enough.” “You got a point there.”
 
 
 
 
“How can she act like that?” she just shake her head tellling me she dont  know either. “I dont remember saying harsh words or anything like that. I mean the last time we talk I was not telling her bad things nor words. I dont really understand her.” we just continued to drink our coffee. After that conversation with Taeng I feel better.
 
 
 
 
I decided to go to the other department. I'm just making my salary worthy. I go to Sica's department and help them. They are wondering why I was there and I just reason out. Atleast there are many things to do here. If i'm busy I wont remember that I was turned into an invisible employee for my boss. I feel useful here.
 
 
 
 
All of a sudden Sica drag me to the corner of the room. “You two fight or something?” “We dont.” she glare at me. This is the power of the ice princess I see. “I told you I just want to do something. I mean I dont have anything to do at my desk. I was bored there.” “I dont believe you. What happened?” I got no choice this time. “She's ignoring me. That's all.”
 
 
 
 
I go back to the employees and help them in their work. They are funny to work with. I mean some of them jokes around while working. No wonder Teang wants to stay here longer than her house. Its relieving to be with them. Taeng join us after her meeting. She was cheerful enough. I mean I know part of her still longs for Tiffany. Tiffany must have seen her like this.
 
 
 
 
Taeng was the leader of this department in case of gags. Its happier if we are all here. I mean Yoona with the three of us. Speaking of her she is in the meeting. She got a loaded schedule today. I just hope she didnt forgot that. She always forgot meetings because she feel like it was like going to school. She hates the feeling of being in a room being lectured.
 
 
 
 
“Yuri,” I turn to where the voice came from and I see the guard. “Yes. How may I help you?” he presented me a letter. “Please give it to Manager Yoon.” he put the letter to my hand. He bow then go back before I can even say anything. “What is it?” I dont know either but its for Yoona. “For manager.” “Oh I see. Give it to her it seems urgent.”
 
 
 
 
I excuse myself from everybody else. I promise I'll be back after I gave the letter to Yoona. I walk down to Yoona's office. She was not yet there meaning her meeting was not over yet. I stayed on my desk. Here it goes again boredom. If I were with Taeng and Sica I could have enjoyed more. I dont have anyone to talk in here.
 
 
 
 
Silence and another silence. Okay I cant take it anymore. I stand up and go to the canteen. You know waiting makes people hungry most of the time. I grab a sandwich and a bottle of water. Looking at the letter it seems to be some kind of business invitation to me. Invitation means travel. Travel means a few days without Yoona. A few days without her means nothing to go to work.
 
 
 
 
As I finished my snack the rain started. It was hard. The rain reminds me that we cant walk home because there is no umbrella. Or should I find a broken yellow umbrella in the stock room just like what Seo In Ha in Love Rain did. I was a fan though. I look around and notice that the board members are getting out of the meeting room.
 
 
 
 
I ride the elevator and go to Yoona's office but she was not there. Maybe she's lost or she got to stay longer. I waited for more than thirty minutes now but no sign than she was here. I walked to the hall way and find no one there. I just need to give this then I can go to the happiest gag group with Taeng. I just need to find her.
 
 
 
I feel like I was playing hide and seek the office version. I mean this building is too big that I got a very small chance to find her within an hour. I just wonder if she is really in this building. Maybe she go to a cafe or a restaurant. But then its office hours she cant do such thing. Im really getting into the side of me saying im not joking anymore.
 
 
 
 
I really want to get this job done and go to my party party with Taeng. My phone ring and I look at it. It was Taeng. She was asking what was taking me too long. I just replyed saying that the kid was like playing hide and seek with me. After a minute she replyed saying good luck and that they're waiting for me to come back.
 
 
 
 
I really wanted to come back but how can I if  Yoona is missing or hiding. I searched the whole lobby. I've gone to the first til seventh floor but still no Yoona around. Now I believe that its hard to find someone who doesnt want to be found. I was tired and just as I realize I could just leave this letter on her desk if it was open or leave it on desk with a big sign saying: THIS LETTER IS FOR MANAGER.
 
 
 
 
Now that I realize a new thing to let this job done, I just need to go to my desk. I got inside the elevator and guess what it is crowded that you'll find breathing so hard. I just need to get there fast. Finally the elevator stop on my floor. I was about to get to my desk when I feel like I need to go to the rest room. I run to the nearest rest room and do what I need to do. I was washing my hand when a familiar face show up in the rest room. Of  all places I go, I never imagine seeing her here. 
 
 
 
 
“Manager I got to give you this.”        
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
YOONA'S POV
 
 
 
 
Here I am in the meeting sitting but not listening I was still thinking of what Yuri told me last time. That is the reason why I'm ignoring her I mean she put me into great shock when she told me that. I mean she cant resign that fast. I need her to be my assistant because you know I'm kind of lazy at working. I like to play all day while she works hard each day.
 
 
 
 
(Flashback)
 
 
 
 
“I'll resign.”  I was shock that I cant move or even say anything. “But not now, maybe soon..” “Why are you doing that?” she become silent so I make sure she understand what I just say. “Why are you doing that?” “I have my own reasons that I still need to know if I'm sure or not.” she was dead serious but I was confused.
 
 
 
 
“What is it?”  I bravely asked. “I cant be your assistant anymore.” “Why do you think so?” “I cant do all the duties you gave me.” her duties but she really do well. I mean her coffee was the best I tasted. She was always there to remind me of my meeting that I forget due to too much playing on my laptop.
 
 
 
 
“But you are performing well.” “Do you think I do?” “Yes. You...” “I think you dont see I'm not doing well. Remember the duties you gave me?”  I stop and tried to remember those duties I gave her but she was doing everything as of I remember. “Remember the last one Yoona? I dont believe I can ever do that.” “Which one? That you'll remind me of my meeting?” “No. that's not it. It was to stop loving you. I dont believe I can do that. I'm falling for you more everyday. That's the reason why I'm resigning.” I totally forget that I told that duty before. Maybe because of anger that's why I gave that but that was far from now.
 
 
 
 
She slowly get near me and hug me. “I'm sorry. I cant be both your girlfriend and assistant.”  she broke the hug and lean closer. She kissed me on my fore head. “I'll resign when I'm ready and when I'm sure this thing is called true love.” she smiled at me and walk to her apartment. That was a sleepless night.
 
 
 
 
(End of Flashback)
 
 
 
 
I saw her after my first meeting. She was happily working with everyone. She was joking around with Taeng and I can see Sica was also trying. I wish I was there to have such a happy bonding with them. My phone ring and it was Yuri. She texted me that I have a meeting five minutes from now and I shouldnt be late. She really is thoughtful for doing so.
 
 
 
 
I get inside the meeting room and it started. I dont know what got into me that after the meeting I just wanted to go sleep. I closed the door of the room and find the best comfortable chair there is then I sleep. I dreamed of Yuri she was running towards me and I was about to hug her when she stop and drop her resignation letter in front of me. 
 
 
 
 
I wake up and realize maybe I was thinking of it too much. I think I need to go to the rest room before going back to my office since Yuri is having fun with Taeng right now. Those two become close since Taeng considered asking Yuri for advices. All of Yuri's advices were cool and helpful. She makes Taeng a little happy and I think slowly forgetting Tiffany.
 
 
 
 
I enter the restroom and did my business. I was about to wash my hand when I realize that Yuri was there. She was holding something. “Manager I got to give you this.” she showed me an envelope. Dont tell me my dream earlier was coming true. I just keep silent for the moment until she broke the silence.
 
 
 
 
“I know its not the right place and time but please get this.”  she moves the envelope closer to me now. I dont know what to do for this time. “Please get this and set me free. Its the only thing stopping me from being happy you know...” but before she can even finish I run out of the restroom. I thought she needs time but why so urgent.
 
 
 
 
I run to my office and I saw her on my door. She was knocking but I act as if I hear nothing. You are such a player Yuri. You told me that you'll never  go anywhere far again but here you are now asking me to set you free. No it wont be that easy. I'll have you here as long as I want. I texted her phone saying I'm busy right now.
 
 
 
 
She seemed disappointed. She sit on her desk and tried calling someone. Maybe she found someone else that's why she want to leave. She has no word to keep. She always do this to me. Making me feel that she's here for me then when she find something more interesting she would just go away like I wasnt hurt or anything.
 
 
 
 
Later on I saw Taeng talking to Yuri. They seems seriuos. So Taeng is supporting Yuri's plan or what if it was Taeng all a long. What if Yuri fell for Taeng and Taeng told her to leave me because she was jealous. No Taeng wont do that to me. I mean she doesnt like Yuri but what if she change her mind. I'm going crazy with this.
 
 
 
 
 
Taeng knocked on my door and I opened it. “Yoonie, we need to talk.” no dont tell me its real that they fall for each other. “Yuri and I...” “How could you do this to me Taeng?” “What?” she was shocked and confused at the same time. So its not true. “Yuri and I just want to talk to you about the upcoming board meeting tomorrow but she told me to do this on my own since she's waiting for someone.”
 
 
 
 
“Yes the meeting...I mean earlier that how can you do this to me...reminding me late...yes that's...what I meant.” I fake a smile and she looks to me confused while Yuri was busy texting. So you got someone else and not Taeng. “Let's come inside.” she wa still standing still so no choice. I pull her in. She was discussing things while I was looking at Yuri.
 
 
 
 
“Sica..” she come to Yuri and they go somewhere. Could it be that they still fall for each other. “Hey Jelly Yoon!” “Yah I'm not jealous of her or Sica.” “I wasnt saying about that. But since you admit it already they dont date. You know Yuri got someone else.” I look at Taeng and she was dead serious. “I called Sica earlier to go with Yuri and manage the department since Yuri got nothing to do here.”
 
 
 
 
After talking to Taeng, I need to get ready for some work to do. I mean its only six in the evening just an hour more and the office works are done. I almost forgot to eat so I need to go to the canteen at the lobby. Its far yet worthy. The food there are heaven like. As if they are created in perfection. I even tried convincing dad to bring one chef home to cook for me.
 
 
 
 
I'm at the lobby when I see Yuri talking with someone about our age. She was pretty and I can say Yuri like those girls. I just pass her but then when she saw me she come running after me. I run from places to places until we reach outside and its raining hard. We got wet. She finally grab my hand. “Are you crazy! You'll be sick if you continue this.”
 
 
 
She drag me to my car and forced me to go inside. “You wait there. Dont open the aircon if you dont want to get sick.” she closed the door and go somewhere. I believe that five minutes passed when she returned. She get inside my car and sit on the driver's seat. “Take this. It will keep you warm.”  she put the blanket around me and give me the hot chocolate. She drives the car and stopped at the red light.
 
 
 
 
“I'm sorry.” “For what?”  she was cold towards me now. “For running around.” “Its okay. But you should have atleast get the letter.” here we go again talking about that resignation letter. “It seems urgent for you to give it to me.” “Ofcourse, its from a client. It seems urgent too because I want to get back to the lower department to work with the other employees.” the green light flashed and she drive again but this trip was pure silence.
 
 
 
 
When we get to the building she was this kind of cold. Thunders and lightnings are now present. I'm afraid of such specially when its so loud. We get off the elevator at our floor and she stop in front of mine. “You get in and change into dry clothes you might get sick.” “Can you atleast stay? I'm afraid of those sounds and flashing lights.” “Okay but I need to change first on my apartment.”
 
 
 
 
As she promised, she came back and waited for me to change into comfortable clothes. I get out of the bathroom and just find her sleeping on the couch. Her phone in her hand and was about to fall when I catch it. She was texting Sica but it seem that she didnt finish it before she drifted to sleep. No choice I need to do it for her.
 
 
 
 
After texting I get myself ready to sleep. You may think that I go to my room and go to my bed but I didnt. I decided to sleep next to Yuri. I rested my head in her arm and I put her other arm wrap around my waist. I wrap my arms around her neck and soon enough I drifted to my own dreamland hoping that the one next to me is there too.
 
 
 
 
YURI'S POV
 
 
 
 
I wake up when I felt so hot. I mean is it summer already. I slowly open my eyes and see Yoona hugging me tight. I wondered how we end up sleeping together in her couch. I slowly move so that I can carry her to her room and I can go back to my apartment. She was half awake when she speak. “Yuwie its so cold.”
 
 
 
 
First thing, what did she called me? Second this, it was hot not cold. I hold her arm to release me but I was surprised when I felt she was so hot. “Manager I think you are sick.” I put my hand on her forehead and she was really hot. No wonder she is sick. “I'll be late for work. Dont worry I'll tell them you are sick that's why you are  not going to work.”
 
 
 
 
I get up from the couch and stepped forward but she stop me. She wrap her arms around my waist. I can feel how high her fever is. She might got it from being wet in the rain last night. “Manager I need to go to work and you stay here. I'll tell Sica to take care of you.” “Then lets go to the office. Just take care of me at the office Yuwie.” I unwrap her arms and kneeled to face her.“You cant go there.” 
 
 
 
 
“I'll go anywhere as long as Yuwie is there. Wherever Yuwie is, Yoongie would be there too.”
 
 
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
hi guys here's an update...
please leave me with comments...
enjoy...
 
 
 
Omo! Yoona's sick..
 
 
Yeongie07