Sophomore Year (Part Two)

STUPID LOVERS (PABO LOVERS)

 

Hayi wakes up from her nap, she looks at the time, it is now 7:46pm, she looks at the time with wider eyes... Oh no! Yeap... She's missed the game. She quickly got out of her bed and threw on a jacket and ran out of the house with her cellphone not even bothering to tell her parents she left. She quickly ran to school, she's constantly looking at her phone, it was now 7:50pm, the game must've ended already. She suddenly heard someone call her name.

"Hayi-ssi?"

Hayi turns around to look, it was Hanbin.

Hayi: What!!?

Hanbin: Where are you going?

Hayi: I have to go to the game.

Hanbin: I can take you there faster with your short legs.

Hayi didn't care about the insult, she got on the back of his bike and they went to the school.

Hayi: Pedal faster!!!

Hanbin: Don't rush me!

After a couple of minutes, they got to school. They went over to the soccer field, Hayi quickly got off and saw people were still there, the soccer team. Hayi rushes over to the soccer team that were there. The coach said something and now they all scattered to go home. Hayi tries to look for Jongup, there he was sitting at the bench, there were some people blocking her, just in the way. She squeezes through, then she saw Jenny sitting on the side of him. She walks towards them anyway.

Hayi: Jongup....

Jongup looks up at Hayi, Hayi looks at the bandage on his right ankle, was everything okay?

Hayi: Are you okay?

Jongup remained quiet as he stared at her. Jenny looks at the two.

Jenny: I guess I'll leave.

Jongup: Bye, Jenny. Thanks for coming.

Hayi: Bye, Jenny.

Jenny just smiles at them and left. Hayi remained standing there, she stares back at Jongup.

Hayi: I'm sorry I'm late.

Jongup: Why? Did you oversleep?

Hayi: I did.

Jongup: Why should I believe you? How can I believe that you overslept?

Hayi: I did! I have proof!

Hayi took out her phone and showed Jongup the alarm she set, Jongup snickers.

Jongup: You didn't even turn it on.

Hayi looks at it, it was true, she didn't swipe on. Hayi bites down her lips as she closed her eyes. Suddenly...

Hanbin: Hayi-ah! Why are you in such a rush?

Hayi looks at Hanbin, so did Jongup, then Jongup lets out a sarcastic laugh and looks at Hayi. Hayi looks at Jongup because he laughed.

Jongup: I know why you're late, it wasn't even because you didn't set the alarm on. You were busy instead.

Hayi: What? What makes you think that?

Jongup: I don't need anymore explainations, Hayi. Just say you didn't wanna come, that's better than lying to me on why you didn't come.

Hayi: What? I really did just sleep today.

Hanbin: What's going on?

Hayi: Jongup-ah, I really just didn't turn on my alarm.

Jongup: Hayi, stop, I said I didn't need an explaination, then I don't want it either. It's clear why you didn't come. (stares at Hanbin)

Hayi: Jongup....

Jongup: Thanks for coming late, it's better than not coming.... Bye.

Jongup gets up and puts his bag around him and walks past Hayi, while limping, Hayi turns to look at him.

Hayi: Did you need me to take you home?

Jongup: No.

Hanbin: Bro, I can take you home, you're limping, you must be tired from the game.

Jongup: Thanks, but I can walk.

Jongup walks farther, Hayi ran to him and grabbed his arm and went in front of him.

Hayi: You don't believe that I didn't come because I didn't set my alarm?

Jongup: Stop, Hayi. I don't want to listen to you anymore!

Hayi: Why are you so mad at me!!?

Jongup: Because you promised me you'd come! And you didn't! How do you think I feel?

Hayi feels speechless, now she feels terrible she didn't come. Hayi's lips opens, but they only trembled, no words came out.

Jongup: Exactly. Now leave me alone and go home already.

Jongup turns away from Hayi and continued walking home.

Hayi just stared at him walk away, she felt awful, they did make a promise. Hanbin walks and stood next to Hayi.

Hanbin: He's right, it's late, you have to get home.

Hayi swallows as she tries to hold back her tears, she just hurt her best friend because she broke their first promise. Her tears starts trailing down her face, but she turned away from Hanbin as she walks away from him. Hayi ran home, she didn't want anyone to see her hurt, she knew she was hurt by herself, she knew Jongup was even more hurt. That was their first promise afterall and she broke it.


It's been exactly two weeks and a half since Hayi tried to talk to Jongup, but he ignored and avoided her. She felt extra bad now, she decided, it was best if they had to end their friendship now. So she writes him a letter in class....

Dear Jongup,

      I'm really sorry I didn't come to the game, I really am. If only I wasn't so tired. I really am sorry you're injured and didn't get to play for the finals with the team. I'm sorry for being your friend. I'm sorry..... I wish for you to stay mad at me forever until your heart's content. It's okay if we aren't friends anymore, I wouldn't want to be friends with a terrible person like me also. And I am also sorry for breaking our first promise,.... Goodbye. Lee Hayi.

Hayi folds the note and tucks it in her jacket pocket, the bell rang for their next class, she gets out of the class, but bumps into Hanbin. These past weeks also, Hanbin has been trying to talk to her or take care of her, she seemed really lonely. 

Hanbin: Oh, Hayi-ah! Hello~

Hayi stares at him then away then continued to walk to class. Hanbin snickers as he was going to follow Hayi, until he stepped on some paper, he looked down and picked it up.

Hanbin: Hayi!!! You forgot something!!!

Hayi continued walking to class, Hanbin looks who it was from or for, it read, to Jongup, Hanbin questions it.

Hanbin: Jongup? Why?

Hanbin decides to find Jongup and give him the letter, though he didn't know where his class was, so he found Jenny in the hallway.

Hanbin: Ooh, Jenny!

Jenny: Oh! Hi, Hanbin!

Hanbin: Quick question! Do you know what class Jongup is in now?

Jenny: He should be going to World History with Ms. Hong?

Hanbin: Okay, thanks! Gotta go!

Hanbin rushes to Ms.Hong's class to find Jongup, because he just felt that the letter was important. As he entered the class, he found Hayi in class too, sitting in front of Jongup, he tried not to make Hayi notice him. Hanbin stands right on the side of Jongup's desk. Jongup looks at him.

Jongup: What's the matter?

Hanbin: Here.

Hanbin hands the letter to Jongup, Jongup looks at it.

Jongup: What's this?

Hanbin: Just read it.

Jongup: Who is it from?

Hanbin eyes Hayi, Jongup smirked and threw it at Hanbin.

Jongup: I don't want it.

Hanbin: Why?

Jongup: I just don't. Now go away.

Hanbin: Why?

Jongup: I don't want it, I said that before. Now leave me alone.

Hanbin: I'll need to have a talk with you after school.

Jongup: Whatever.

Hanbin then puts the letter on Jongup's desk and left for class. Jongup rolled his eyes, he was annoyed by Hanbin's presence today. Jongup looks at Hayi's back facing him, they haven't spoke for two and a half weeks. Jongup just puts the letter in his pockets. After school, while Jongup walks to his parents' car, Hanbin waits for him. Jongup notices him and tries to walk faster with one clutch on his arm, Hanbin goes in front of him.

Jongup: Move, I'm trying to go home.

Hanbin: Why haven't you talked to Hayi?

Jongup: That's none of your business.

Hanbin: Do you know how much she's been trying to talk to you?

Jongup: Yeah, so what?

Hanbin: Do you know how I feel when she feels down?

Jongup just stares at him.

Hanbin: I feel down with her, Hayi has not been smiling these past weeks and I already know why. It's you, you're the reason why she hasn't been smiling.

Jongup: I didn't do anything.

Hanbin: Did you even read the letter?

Jongup: No, did you?

Hanbin: I didn't, but whatever's in that letter, you better make a smarter move or I won't hold back.

Jongup: From what?

Hanbin: From getting Hayi.

Jongup stares at him. "Hayi? What? What about her?" he thought.

Jongup: So?

Hanbin: Drop that arrogant attitude and talk to Hayi, alright?

Jongup: I know what I'm doing, you don't need to bother telling me or trying to get my permission of you and Hayi's relationship, alright?

Hanbin: You said it, so I can date Hayi, now?

Jongup froze for a sec, "Date?" he thought.

Jongup: Go on ahead.

Hanbin: Okay, I wish I would've known sooner. Thank you. You may leave.

Jongup walks away from him and entered his parents' car, his mom came to pick him up.

Ms. Moon: Who was that? Your new friend?

Jongup: No. Just... a classmate.

Ms. Moon: Ahh~ I see, he seems nice.

Jongup ignores his mom and kept quiet throughout the whole ride. He was thinking, he've only kept quiet and been ignoring Hayi because of the promise, he's actually been dying to talk to Hayi and been wanting to tell her about the game, but he wanted to give her the silent treatment that the promise consist of. Jongup remembers that Hayi had a letter for him and so he took it out of his pocket and reads it.

Jongup: Mom, take me to Hayi's house.

Ms. Moon: Why?

Jongup gives his mom the eyes and she immediately nods.

Ms. Moon: Where does she live?

Jongup: A little further from school, so just keep going, I'll tell you when to stop.

Ms. Moon: Okay. Is this the same Hayi from last time?

Jongup: (nods) Why?

Ms. Moon: Do you like her or something?

Jongup: No...

Ms. Moon: Then why did you want me to take you there then?

Jongup: I need to talk to her.

Ms. Moon: Confess?

Jongup: No.

Ms. Moon: Present?

Jongup: Mom...

Ms. Moon: Just teasing you... But son, if you like someone, you better confess before it's too late...

Jongup: Mom...

Ms. Moon: Okay, I'll keep quiet.

They kept driving and then they arrived near Hayi's house. Before getting out of the car...

Jongup: Mom, you can leave, I'll come home by myself later.

Ms. Moon: Are you sure? I can wait for you...

Jongup: It's okay, I have some things to get situated with me and Hayi, so it might take longer than expected.

Ms. Moon: Okay then.... Call me if you need a ride then.

Jongup: Okay.

Jongup gets out of the car, then walks to the nearby convience store to buy some icecream for Hayi and him to eat. Jongup purchases two strawberry icecreams.

Jongup: I wonder if she still likes it.... Ooh well~

Jongup walks to Hayi's house. As he was nearing the house, he noticed Hayi was outside her house, leaning on the gates, so he hid behind the corner of her house. Jongup smiles and he starts walking towards her, but suddenly someone runs pass him quickly andd went over to Hayi. Jongup stops the approach and checked who it was.... It was no other than Hanbin. Hayi gets up from the gate from leaning and looks at the guy.

Hayi: What is it that you want?

Hanbin: Did you wait long?

Hayi: Kinda, but it's okay, at least just almost 10 minutes maybe.

Hanbin: I'm sorry..

Hayi: It's okay. Now what is it you wanna tell me?

Hanbin looks to the side, Jongup dodges before he got noticed. Hanbin did notice someone was looking at Hayi, he took notice as he ran to Hayi earlier. Hanbin leans closer into Hayi's face.

Hanbin: I think you have a stalker, someone there keeps looking at you... Hopefully they go away after this..

Hayi: (turns to look) Stalker? I don't see anyone. (turns to look at Hanbin)

Jongup felt it was safe again to look at them, though he can't hear really well what they were saying, so he tried to read their lips, so he looks again. Meanwhile, Hanbin took that chance of Hayi's looking away and when she looked back,.... He pecked her lips, softly. Hayi's eyes grew bigger, while Jongup saw, he goes back to hiding against the corner of the gate and lean his back on the gate. Jongup suddenly runs away, he felt his heart beating fast, but he didn't even run yet, but he felt it beating fast. Jongup ran to the park nearby and rested on the tree by placing his had onto the tree.

Jongup: Jongup, it's not like you have a bad heart or anything, but why do I feel like my heart is beating itself up?

Back to Hayi and Hanbin,... Hayi pushes Hanbin away and slaps him.

Hayi: Goodbye.

Hayi enters the door, but Hanbin grabs her wrist.

Hanbin: Wait... That was just for the stalker to go away. I swear I saw a stalker.

Hayi: What do you really want Hanbin? Huh? Tell me.

Hanbin: (pulls Hayi closer) Hayi.... Let's date.

Hayi: (eyes enlarge) What?

Hanbin: I said let's date.

Hayi: D...D..Dd... Date? (lets go of Hanbin's grip) You're crazy.

Hanbin: (nods) Let's date, so I can protect you from many dangerous things like I did just now.

Hayi: But---

Hanbin: You don't like me? Probably not yet, but let's try, I've been waiting.

Hayi: Hanbin.... I... I...

Hanbin: Don't say anything, I don't wanna hear anything right now, but let's try dating, eh? I already asked Jongup if it was okay if we dated.

Hayi: You asked Jongup what?

Hanbin: If I can date you.

Hayi: And he said?

Hanbin: He said so and I don't need to bother him with our relationship, so I was in a rush to ask you.

Hayi: He... He really said that?

Hanbin: (nods) Yeah, it's expected, right? I don't understand why Jenny would like such a guy that arrogant.

Hayi: (turns to look at Hanbin) Jenny?

Hanbin: (nods) Yeah.... Jenny said she really likes Jongup, I don't understand why, but.... I guess.

Hayi: Jongup..? (looks away)

Hanbin: Why?

Hayi just shook her head. So Hanbin puts his hands on her shoulders.

Hanbin: What's wrong? Is it weird for Jongup to date?

Hayi shook her head again, not looking at Hanbin.

Hanbin: You know, if you're sad and worried, I am too, right?

Hayi looks up at him.

Hayi: (softly) Why?

Hanbin: Because that's how I feel towards you, I wanna feel what you feel so I'll know what to do to cheer you up at your worst or best.

Hayi remains just looking at him.

Hanbin: Don't you know, I'm pouring my feelings to you now?

Hayi: So..... (confused)

Hanbin: Hayi,.... I like you.

Hayi's eyes enlarged as she froze and stared at him. Hanbin chuckles.

Hanbin: Why are you like that?

Hayi: (shakes head) It's just.... No one ever confessed to me before.

Hanbin: Are you shaken by my words just now?

Hayi: No.... I'm just very surprised.

Hanbin: So did you wanna give dating a try?

Hayi: (sighs) I.... I... Give me time to think if I should date you or not, okay? It takes two for a relationship. Not just one's decision.

Hanbin: Alright, then I'll take you to a pre-date to see if you like it and if you do, we'll start dating then, okay?

Hayi: (surprised) Uhhhh.... I'm not sure about that.

Hanbin: Just say yes, Hayi.

Hayi thinks about what Jongup has said about their relationship and then nods slowly to answer Hanbin. Her nodding even got Hanbin happy, his big cheesy smile grew onto his face.

Hanbin: I'll take you to eat good food, okay? We'll go on Friday!

Hayi: (nods) Okay,... Now go home before it gets dark, okay? 

Hanbin: Okay. Thanks, Hayi! Bye!

Hayi watch Hanbin leave then she went inside, she goes inside and straight to her bedroom. As she shut the door, she leans her back onto the door.

Hayi: Did Jongup really say that?.....

Hayi sighs again and went to her desk in her room and puts her head down. Meanwhile, Jongup, he's still confused why he feels the way he does.

Jongup: I think my heart has a problem, I feel it failing....

Jongup then notices that the icecream melted while he ran to the park, so he throws it out and went to wash his hand at the bathroom and walks home.


The Next Day

It is now lunchtime, Hayi doesn't budge to touch her food while her friends were there eating and chit chatting. Hanbin usually skips class and comes to Hayi's lunch hour, but he didn't arrive yet. Jenny comes sit next to Hayi. Hayi began thinking about what Hanbin told her yesterday about Jenny's crush on Jongup, Hayi felt sad, but she didn't know why. She knows she should feel happy, but she just doesn't feel it, she feels the exact opposite, sad. Hayi then kept imagining things Jongup and Jenny will do when they start dating and it saddens Hayi even more. Hayi gets up from the lunch table and decided to get some fresh air by going up the school roof. Hayi quickly goes, she just wanted to breathe. As she arrived upstairs, she saw a familiar figure, laying on the benches reading,... MANGA!!! Hayi goes closer, it was him, the person she's been wanting to talk to for weeks. Moon Jongup. Jongup puts his book down and jumped in surprise of seeing Hayi in front of him, Hayi jumped also and fell.

Hayi: I'm sorry! I'll leave!

Hayi turns around and went towards the stairs.

Jongup: No....

Hayi stops her steps and turns around.

Jongup: You can stay here, Hayi-ah.... I needed to talk to you anyway.

Jongup closes his book and placed it aside and he patted a spot next to him. Hayi went and sat at the spot he was patting on.

Hayi: What is it?

Jongup: I quit.

Hayi: (looks at Jongup confused) Quit? What?

Jongup: I decided to quit the bet.

Hayi: Eh?

Jongup: (looks at Hayi) Our bet, dummy! You forgot too, huh?

Hayi: What?

Jongup: (shakes head) So you did forget our bet....

Hayi: Bet about what?

Jongup: (heavy sighs) Ahh~ My best friend is the worst of all times!

Hayi: What is it!!?

Jongup: You don't remember?

Hayi: (shakes head) No.

Jongup: You deserve another week then.

Hayi: What is it? Tell me!

Jongup: Remember I supposed to give you the silent treatment for as long as I like?

Hayi: Ooh~!!!! I remember..... (feeling embarrassed) Is that why..... you've been ignoring me?

Jongup: (nods) Of course. That's the reason. Why? Did you think I ignored you for something else?

Hayi: (smiles in relief and shakes head) No.

Jongup: Liar. You probably thought I was mad at you for not showing up at the game huh?

Hayi shakes head slowly.

Jongup: Then is it because of my injury that I blamed you?

Hayi shakes her head again.

Jongup: Hayi-ah,... I already read your letter.

Hayi sits up straight with wide eyes.

Hayi: Le...l...l... Letter? What lettter?

Jongup: Hanbin gave me a letter yesterday from you, so I read it and thought about it a lot and decided that the silent treatment can stop now.

Hayi: Really? (blocks face)

Jongup: (looks up and nods) Yeah....

Hayi: Well, thanks?

Jongup: Unless you break another promise then I won't forgive you.

Hayi: (unblocks face) Okay! I promise I'll keep this one well!

Jongup: Really?

Hayi: (nods) Really.

Jongup: Then date Hanbin.

Hayi: (eyebrows grew closer) Hanbin? Date? Why?

Jongup: (looks out in the open) Because he likes you a lot... He really does. You should give him a chance.

Hayi: But why?

Jongup: Does there need to be a reason? If a person likes you, take the advantage and try to like them, if you end up not liking them, you'll learn how to tell them.

Hayi: Did Hanbin tell you he asked me out?

Jongup: (smiles and shakes head) No... Jenny told me last night when she came to my house.

Hayi: Jenny knows where you live?

Jongup: (nods) She visited me because of my injury. (clears throat then looks at Hayi)

Hayi: (looks away) Oh my goodness.... I'm sorry! I must've felt too down to not even come see you at your worst! But you ignored me! So I thought you hated me, so I didn't bother.

Jongup: It's okay. At least I'm feeling a lot better, right?

Hayi nods, then she thinks of what Hanbin told her last night.... Hayi suddenly turn to look at Jongup.

Hayi: Jonguppie~.....

Jongup: Hm?

Hayi: Are you and Jenny dating? No.... Do you and Jenny like each other?... No.... Do you like Jenny?

Jongup: (looks at Hayi) That's a secret.

Hayi: Secret? Why? Just tell me.

Jongup: No. I won't say anything about those things to you, especially you!

Hayi: Why? We're best friends, right?

Jongup: (smiles on one side) No, you've been a stranger to me for two weeks.

Hayi: Aww, that's mean to say.... (pouts)

Jongup: Yah~ Stop acting that way, alright?

Hayi: But I just wanted to know.....

Jongup: Did you skip your lunch again? You've skipped it for so many days. You need to start eating again.

Hayi: Huh? You've looked at me when I was doing things? Aren't you supposed to be mad at me?

Jongup: No, Moon Jongup doesn't angry for no reason.

Hayi and Jongup shares some laugh together and jokes around, just like they did before,... Last year. Before going to their next class...

Jongup: But Hayi-ah.... Give Hanbin a chance, poor guy really likes you.

Hayi: It's okay to date him?

Jongup: Go ahead, you don't even need my permission.

Hayi: You mean it?

Jongup nods. Hayi looks away then down.

Hayi: Then I'll go tell him our date is still on.....

Hayi goes down first, while Jongup remained sitting there with his manga.

Jongup: I don't really mean it, but go on ahead, you guys already seem like a couple.... (sighs) But if she's happy, I have to be, right?

Hayi walks down till the end of the stairs on the bottom and sat down on the last stair.

Hayi: Why do I feel like this? Talking with Jongup for the first time in a long time and all I feel from him is him pushing me away from him..... (looks down)


A/N: Hi my fellow readers! I'm so terribly sorry I haven't been able to update for the last 4-5 months :( But that's why this one is longer! Well, at least, it felt long, hopefully you guys like my update a lot more.... I honestly don't know where to write after this or what to write, but so far, I probably will try to rush it a bit so they can just go through school years & no more breaks for them or something.... Also, I might make a new poster for them, I made such an ugly poster of them, I'll try to make another one soon. But I'm sorry for making such a late update, I know I haven't updated it at all, but I'd say I had a good summer & it's been a busy & good semester for me so far. That's why it took me a while for this chapter. I'm sorry for the delay & late update, but please enjoy. Until next update, let's meet again :) Thanks. Have a nice day! -adurrrh94<3

P.S - Also!! HISUHYUN's new subunit & single, right? Can't wait for the MV xD Hehe, k, bye. xD