Freshman Year

STUPID LOVERS (PABO LOVERS)

It's the middle of the year of freshman year in high school for Hayi already. It's Spring and it was a pretty chilly day and Hayi and her friends wanted to go to the movie theaters with her two good friends Jimin and Ahyeon. Hayi walks to the movies to wait for her friends to come, but she's been waiting for thirty minutes. Hayi goes sit on the bench outside the movie theaters to wait for her friends.

*Hayi's Thoughts*

That Jimin said to meet here 30 minutes ago. I've been waiting that long already. Where is she? I thought she was suppose to make me meet her new friends and her friend's friends. I know Ahyeon was going to run late, but, seriously? It's been exactly 33 minutes now and I wanna go home. (ends)

Just then, a random guy walks by and sat at the opposite side bench of Hayi. Hayi stares at the guy and thought he looked quite clueless. Hayi ignores him and starts playing games on her phone. Then her friends called out her name real loud to catch her attention.

Jimin: Hayi-ah!

Hayi looks up and pouts, then she puts her phone away and walks towards them. Hayi playfully hits Jimin's arm, along with Ahyeon.

Hayi: Do you know how long I've been waiting here, huh? It's been almost fourty-five minutes.

Ahyeon: Sorry, we had to see what we was going to wear today. Do we look good?

Hayi stares at them, she then noticed how dressed up they looked.

Hayi: But we're just watching movies.

Ahyeon and Jimin stares at Hayi.

Jimin: Exactly.

Hayi: (furrows her eyebrows) Then why are you guys so dressed up?

Ahyeon: Because we...

Ahyeon went to whisper in Hayi's ear.

Ahyeon: We have dates.

Hayi: (mugs Ahyeon) Date?

Jimin nods excitedly. Hayi was so grossed out, because she somehow knew this was going to happen, it was no wonder her friends took so long, they didn't even tell Hayi that they were dressing up. Hayi looks at what she was wearing, she was wearing her black combat boots with her olive green jacket. Hayi then felt here hair, it was in a top knot bun. Hayi then looks at Jimin and Ahyeon.

Hayi: Why didn't you guys tell me to dress up?

Jimin: Oh, because... (looks at Ahyeon)

Ahyeon: Because we know how much you don't do dates, but we set you up with one anyway. I heard he was lonely, just like you.

Hayi was sort of offended, but she knew what her friend meant.

Hayi: But I look too crappy today.

Jimin: (shrugs) It's okay, you should have gotten bangs with us last month, you would have looked fine.

Hayi felt her forehead, it was clear and bangless. Hayi then pouts.

Hayi: I'm going home.

Just when she was going to walk away, Jimin and Ahyeon's date came over to approach them.

Jimin: Hyunsang oppa!

Ahyeon: Seunghoon oppa!

Hayi looks at Jimin and eyed her. Jimin gave Hayi a big smile.

Jimin: Hyunsang oppa, where's your other friend?

Hyunsang: My other friend? Isn't he here already?

Jimin: I don't know.

Hyunsang: Well, he said he was already here, but he must have left to the restroom or something since I don't see him.

Jimin: Well, okay. Hayi-ah, since he's not here, did you still want to watch movies with us or go home?

Hayi was tired anyway, so she wanted to go home.

Hayi: I'll go home.

Ahyeon: You should totally stay!

Hayi: No, I still have homework to do, so I'll just go do my homework. Maybe next time.

Ahyeon: Okay. (made a puppy face)

Hayi knew Ahyeon was going to use her puppy face, she didn't want to look at her, but she glanced up and saw it.

Hayi: Fine, I'll stay, but I won't sit with you guys.

Ahyeon smiles at Hayi happily and led the others behind her to go inside. They went inside to buy their tickets and such then was finally inside the theater room. The movie they were going to watch was Sector 7. While they were waiting, Hayi got up to buy some popcorn because she knew how bored she was going to be during the movie. She got out of the theater room and out to the food court, she then bought her medium size popcorn box and was set to go. As she turns around after paying for her popcorn, a guy bumps into her shoulder causing her to drop her popcorn. Hayi thought to herself how this was the worst day ever in her life. She gets up and cleans herself by brushing off the crumbs and such off of her. The guy picks up the popcorn and puts them in the box, Hayi's popcorn was gone for good. Hayi was upset.

Hayi: You owe me next time. (grunts)

Hayi left the food court not helping the guy pick up her popcorn and going back to her seat, and sitting with her legs and arms crossed. Hayi was really upset because she didn't bring much cash with her, so she couldn't get herself a new batch of popcorn. The movie finally began, Hayi was trying to get into the movie, just then, someone sat next to her and offered her some popcorn. Hayi just took the popcorn that was there and ate it and ate it and ate it, until she realized that she didn't buy any popcorn, she lost it all earlier, so she turns and saw that it was the guy from earlier who caused her to drop her popcorn. Hayi points at the guy, the popcorn in drops.

Hayi: Hey, you're the guy who owes me.

Guy: That's why I'm buying you the popcorn and owing you popcorn. Are you not satisfied?

Hayi: (furrows eyebrows and took the whole popcorn batch) Then give it.

Hayi was eating the popcorn all by herself, Hayi was really hungry, she forgot to offer the guy some, she was so busy eating that she forgot about the movie. After she finished her popcorn, she looks at the guy, he was gone. Hayi then shrugs her shoulders and began watching the movie, but she didn't really like the movie, so she tries to sleep. As she was going to fall asleep, someone taps her shoulder. Hayi looks up, it was the same guy from earlier.

Hayi: What is it now?

Guy: (hands her a cup of soda) Here. I know you'll be thirsty.

Hayi: Oh. Thank you.

Hayi began sipping her soda, then she looked at the guy, he was still standing.

Hayi: Are you going to sit or stand for another hour?

The guy sat next to her. Hayi kept looking at the guy and noticed that  he doesn't talk much.

Hayi: Since we're both not that into this movie, let's just talk?

The guy gave Hayi a weird look and nods in agreement. The rest of the night Hayi and the guy just whispers back and forth to each other, trying to get to know each other. The movie ended quickly it seems like. Hayi and the guy laughs once more before getting up to leave. Hayi's friends and dates found them together.

Seunghoon: So you guys know more about each other now right?

The guy nods. Hayi looks at the guy.

Hayi: You know him?

The guy nods. Hayi thought it was weird. Anyways, they all rode the bus home together since they all lived around the same place that the bus takes. Jimin and Hyunsang sat together, along with Ahyeon and Seunghoon. On the other hand, the other guy just sat across Hayi. Hayi's stop was the last stop, so she had to wait a long time, so she decides to sleep. Hayi slept so good, she didn't wake up until the bus driver woke her up.

Bus Driver: Hey you, wake up!

The bus driver shook Hayi's shoulder for her to get up. Hayi gets up and rubs her eyes, just then something fell below her seat, Hayi picks it up. It happen to be a guy's jacket. Hayi took the jacket with her and walks out of the bus after getting herself situated. Hayi then walks over to the benches near her house and sat on one of them and looks at the jacket. Hayi opens up the jacket, it had a sticky note on it and it read:

"Hey sleepy head~ I know you won't get off anytime soon that's why you're sleeping, so I gave you my jacket as a pillow. Next time we meet again, give me back my jacket.... WASHED. And yeah, enjoy your sleep! ^ ^"

After reading the letter, Hayi wander who gave her this jacket, but she just kept it. The next day, Hayi woke up late so she gets ready and got dressed and ran to Jimin's house since it was the place where they always meet before going to school together. Hayi was in such a rush this morning that she forgot her lunch. Hayi felt that this week was a terrible week for her, hoping it'll end already. Just then, Jimin comes out the house along with Ahyeon. Hayi was surprised to see Ahyeon come out also.

Hayi: Did you sleep over? (pointing at Ahyeon)
Ahyeon nods. Hayi felt so left out not being included since she doesn't have a "lover".

Jimin: Are you guys ready?

Hayi and Ahyeon nods and left to school. When they was walking to the main gate, Seunghoon and Hyunsang approached them.

Seunghoon: Oh, Ahyeon-ah!

Ahyeon: Oh, oppa!

They both linked arms and walks inside. While Jimin and Hyunsang just smiles at each other and links arms shyly as they walk inside. As for Hayi, she just walks behind them. Suddenly, a random person walks next to Hayi. Hayi looks at the person, it was the same guy from yesterday.

Hayi: Oh, it's you!

The guy nods and smiles at Hayi. Hayi looks at his name tag, she thought he had a weird and irregular name.

Hayi: Oh, Moon Jongup? Never heard of Jongup before.

Jongup: I never heard of Hayi before.

Hayi fake smiles at Jongup and grins. They both got inside the school. During lunch time, they can go outside to eat their lunches, so the couples and Jongup went outside to sit and reserve a table for them. Hayi forgot her lunch so she didn't go outside with them. The couples settles down, while Jongup looks around and noticed that Hayi wasn't there.

Jongup: Jimin-ssi, where's Hayi?

Jimin: Oh, Hayi? She's still inside the class because she said she got some extra homework to do.

Hyunsang: You don't?

Jimin: (looks at Hyunsang and smiles) Oppa, that's not important right now. (gives Hyunsang some of her meat)

Jongup: Well, I need to go use the bathroom, so I'll be right back.

Jongup walks off from the table and took his lunch with him. Jongup walks around the school to find Hayi.

Jongup: I don't know what class she'll be in right now.

Jongup looks inside the rooms, they were all empty, he checked all the floors, so he decided to go up to the rooftop. Hayi was sitting at the table there alone looking at the scenery. Jongup walks up to Hayi.

Jongup: Hayi-ah, why aren't you outside?

Hayi: I am.

Jongup: How come you didn't come out to sit with us?

Hayi: Oh, because, I had extra work to do.

Jongup nods and sat down in front of her.

Hayi: Why are you here?

Jongup shook his head.

Jongup: I was just trying to find where you were so I can keep you accompany.

Hayi looks at Jongup with big eyes and tries to hide her smile and looks away.

Hayi: Oh, okay.

Jongup notices that Hayi wasn't eating.

Jongup: So did you eat yet?

Hayi: (nods) Yes, I did. I'm not very hungry though.

Jongup: Okay, then just watch me eat.

Jongup opens his lunchbox, he had three containers, first one was rice, second one was kimbap, and the last one was some fried noodles with some pork. As Jongup was eating, Hayi was looking at Jongup eat because she was really hungry, Jongup notices.

Jongup: Did you want some?

 Hayi: (swallows her saliva) Oh no. It's okay. I already ate.

Jongup: (stops eating and puts down his chopsticks) Oh really?

Hayi nods.

Jongup: (crosses his arms) Then look me in the eyes and tell me that you are not hungry and that you do not want my food.

Hayi: (looks at Jongup) Why?

Jongup: Because for some reason, I don't believe you.

Hayi: I don't wanna do it.

Jongup: Then you're lying.

Hayi: No, I'm telling the truth.

Jongup: Liar.

Hayi: Fine.

Hayi clears and sat up straight. Hayi inhales and exhales and looks up to Jongup's eyes. Hayi never noticed how small Jongup's eyes were so she began to laugh. Jongup, confused as he was looks at Hayi.

Jongup: Why are you laughing?
Hayi: Because you have the smallest eyes I've ever seen.

Jongup: (opens his mouth) Are you serious? My eyes are not that small.

Hayi stops laughing and stares at Jongup.

Jongup: Fine, it is. But carry on, if you laugh once more, you're eating.

Hayi: Fine. (looks straight into Jongup's eyes)

Hayi thought to herself, "Oh my gosh, his eyes are so small, but so pretty at the same time. Oh wait, that's not the focus right now."

Hayi clears once again and looks Jongup straight in the eyes.

Hayi: I am not hungry right now and I am in no need of food.

Jongup remains looking at Hayi. Hayi tries to hold back her smile, Jongup looked so serious. Hayi couldn't take Jongup serious, but he looked really serious.

Hayi: Oh my gosh! I cannot look at you anymore. (covers her eyes)

Jongup: Why not?
Hayi: You look so funny right now.

Jongup: How? (uncrosses his arms)

Hayi: Oh it's nothing, just continue eating.

Jongup: Sheesh.

Jongup eats a spoonful and looks up at Hayi. Hayi was staring at Jongup's food.

Jongup: (swallows) I know you're hungry. Here.

Jongup gave Hayi all his food.

Jongup: (wipes his mouth with a napkin) Eat well.

Jongup leaves even before Hayi can say anything. Hayi looks at Jongup until he closed the door and began munching on Jongup's food. Hayi was truly in love with the fried noodles with pork, she wanted more.

Hayi: So delicious! (burps)

The whole freshman year, Jongup and Hayi stayed as close friends, and as for Jimin, Ahyeon, Seunghoon and Hyunsang, they were just dating, not even going out yet. And that jacket, remains unknown about the owner.