The Studio

We Are Raven~! [Hiatus]

The now free members of Nu’est and Raven practically ran inside the studio and into the practice room. The strong heat that greeted them once they were inside warmed their bodies to the point that it hurt. Their cheeks were bright red and so were a few noises, but no one cared what each other looked like, they were just happy to finally be warmed.

“So this is our studio.” Jenny said and spun a bit. It was big, had green walls and very….empty.

“Looks like ours.” Ren commented.

“But it smells nicer. Smells like a girl.” Baekho pointed out

“Well duh. We’re girls.” Seyeon said and laughed, the other’s following her. Of course their dance room smelled nice, the girls came in wearing perfume or body mist and during practice they would put just a bit more on so they didn’t smell each other as they sweat.

“Do you mind if we get to see you practice?” JR asked as he looked at the girls. They looked between each other and nodded their heads some.

“Sure, why not?” Jenny said and grinned.

“Oh, but we can’t practice without Heather.” Tiffany said as she finally took off her jacket and sat it in the corner with the others. Now warmed, they stood before the boys in their very casual and comfortable clothes.

“Oh, yeah.” Seyeon said and sighed. “How long do you think it’s going to be?” she asked.

“I heard that she and Aron were recording the entire commercial in English. Do you think that’s easier for them?” Jenny asked.

“Maybe.” JR said.

“Heather’s second language is Korean right?” Minhyun asked. The girls nodded. “It’s the same for Aron, so maybe doing the commercial in English will be faster for them, since it’s a language they’re comfortable speaking, like Korean is for us.” He suggested.

“Why do you have to think so hard on it?” Baekho asked and laughed. “English is hard and complicated.” He said.

“I say the same thing about Korean.” Heather said as she walked in, Aron trailing behind her. “Do you know how many slip ups I make a day? I can never pronounce words right.” She said and pouted. “It gets so frustrating.” She whined, stomping her foot lightly, making the other’s laugh and coo.

“Aegyo queen.” Jenny said happily and patted Heather’s head. Heather rolled her eyes as she stripped off her jacket and sighed, rubbing her arms.

“Okay, it’s official; I’m a frozen pop idol.” She commented.

“So do you taste better?” Baekho asked and Ren smacked his arm. “Ow! Rennie you’re so mean.” He said with a slight laugh.

“Stop being stupid.” Ren complained and shook his head.

“Now, now, boys.” Tiffany said and smiled. “No need to get your hormones raging. Heather’s back and we can show you our dance now.”

“Huh?” Heather asked. She had snuck off into the corner and was checking her messages when the announcement was made. “When did we decide that?” she asked.

Aron chuckled. “Aw come on, it’ll be fun. Oh, do you have one of our songs? We can show you our dance too.” He said. “To make it fair.”

“Good idea.” JR said and nodded.

“Oh yes!” Seyeon grinned evilly. “Heather’s got them all downloaded on her phone.” She said.

“Hey!” Heather said and stood finally, walking over to them. “You’re the one that put them on my phone.” She accused Seyeon. “I saw you. Trying to make me look like-”

“But I thought you were their fan.” Tiffany teased.

“Yah! Unnie!” she cried out in frustration. “God you’re such a pain!”  She said in English. When she was greeted with confusing looks, she grinned and laughed, making her way over to the stereo. Aron chuckled and the girls looked to him then.

“What did she say?” Jenny asked confused.

“Ah…something that would get her in trouble.” Aron said and shrugged.

“Don’t betray me now!” Heather said and pointed an accusing finger over at Aron. The other just raised his hands and backed away. “Anyway, okay, you can watch us dance.” She said and looked to the girls. “Should we do Breathless?” she asked.

“Sure.” Jenny said. The three got into position as Heather shuffled through her player before finding the song.

“Alright, here we go.” She said and started the song. She ran into position and as the song started; her feet carried her through the movements. Anymore, dancing was like second nature. Years of training, and now months of constant practice, she could do these dances in her sleep and sometimes she found herself dreaming about doing just that.  In English terms, she was on auto-pilot. Of course auto-pilot could get a person in trouble by having them start too early, or too late, or miss a step. Yes, even idols weren’t exempt from making mistakes on the stage.

When the song ended, the girls dropped their poses, panting heavily. Breathless was a fast pace song with a lot of fancy footwork. Claps and shouts filled the room and smiles crossed the girl’s faces. At least it was entertaining enough that Nu’est liked it. Maybe their comeback would be a great success.

“That was awesome.” Aron said with a grin.

“Thanks.” Tiffany said happily.

“Question.” Minhyun said. “Is Heather always the center?” he asked.

Heather stared at him before laughing, a blush tinting her cheeks. Yeah, she was the center most of the time, which she really hated. She wanted to be in the back, but their manager had caught on to what she had been trying to do and forced their dance teacher to make her center unless it was someone’s part, and even then they wanted her to be in front.

“Yes.” Seyeon said and smiled. “Heather likes to be a wall flower, so our manager made sure that no matter what dance we learn, she’s in the front so she can be seen.”

“Yeah, she tends to just fade away. In fact, a few fans thought Raven was a three member group.” Tiffany said with a laugh, and laughed harder as Heather’s blush increased.

“Alright! Stop making fun of me.” Heather pouted as she walked back to the stereo and turned off the player, taking off her phone and putting it back in her pocket.

“Sorry, sorry.” Minhyun said, blushing some himself. He hadn’t expected these girls to tease their maknae like they were. Next time he was going to carefully ask his questions.

“It’s okay.” Jenny said. “We love to tease Heather.” She said. “So don’t feel put off, most of the time, we’re just teasing. But now, that’s really what happened in this case.” She said. The other’s nodded in understanding. “Alright then.” Jenny said. “Let’s sit and rest for a moment.” The other girls were already sitting in a horseshoe.

“Ren oppa, sit here.” Tiffany called, patting the seat in between her and Heather. Heather shot Tiffany a glare as the blond sat down before looking to the others. Aron sat on the other side of Heather, Seyeon next to him, Baekho next to her, Jenny next to him and lastly JR and the Minhyun.

“So what about this show?” Baekho asked. “What do you think they’re going to make us do?” he asked. Ah, the question that had been on everyone’s mind. The groups really had no idea what this show was about or why they had been picked. Their managers just told them randomly one day that they were going to be in a show together.

“I don’t know. Maybe like MTV diary?” Minhyun asked.

“But why put us both on at one time?” Seyeon asked.

“I was told that this show was to boost our popularity.” Jenny said and smiled.

“How does it do that?” Baekho asked.

“Well, why not, pair us up with a popular boy band.” Jenny explained. “People will watch a show with Nu’est in it.”

“Well if they wanted that, why not put us with EXO?” Tiffany asked and Jenny shook her head.

“Because SM is really hard headed. They didn’t want to let outsider groups mix with their groups. Besides, Pledis is the best record label ever!” Jenny said.

“Yeah!” the other’s cheered and laughed.

“But back to the question.” Tiffany said and sighed, sitting back some. “Mmm, do you think we’ll get missions?”

“It wouldn’t be fun if we didn’t.” Heather said and nodded before frowning. “Oh, but missions are so hard sometimes.” She said, remembering some shows she had watched.

“Don’t worry, Oppa will take care of you.” Aron said and patted her shoulder lightly. Heather stared up at him and nodded then.

“Thanks.” She said.

“Aw!!” Tiffany cooed happily.

“No scandals!” JR said with a smirk.

“What scandal?” Aron asked and raised a brow. “I think we should be worried about you.” He teased and blushed, laughing.

“Alright you guys.” Ren said and shook his head. “Stop with the scandal nonsense. There isn’t going to be any of that. We’re just good friends. There is nothing wrong with having some fun between friends.” He said.

“Ren’s right. So let’s not walk on eggshells and just have fun.” Minhyun added and the other’s agreed. Maybe this whole show thing wouldn’t be so bad after all. Heather could only hope, but she highly doubted that. She just had this feeling her unnie’s were going to mess things up.

 


(Author's note: For more information on these girls, please read my updated Forward!)