The Start

We Are Raven~! [Hiatus]

Heather took in the bright lights of the stage, the hustle and bustle of the stage crew and the nervous feeling eating away at her. Rehearsal was only hours ago, but this was different. Hundreds, even thousands of people were seated, cheering, screaming with anticipation. M! Countdown was the place to either make it or break it. Heather knew that they already had fans after their teasers had been released. But now…now was the time moment that counted. She had worked hard to get to this point, to be on stage and hear the roar of the crowd. This was every person’s dream (at least those that aspired to be an entertainer). She never realized just how terrifying performing for a live audience really was!

“Heather.” Heather jumped when she felt the hand on her shoulder. Turning, she stared at Jenny, the leader of Raven, their girl group. Brown eyes stared worriedly at her. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah.” A nervous laugh left her. “Just nervous, a bit anxious too.” She commented and peeked back out to the crowd. Currently, a group called Nu’est was performing. They were beautiful boys with magical voices, but not even the hotness of the K-Pop performers could take the nervousness away.

“I know. Tiffany and Seyeon are doing their breathing exercises.” Jenny said, a small sigh leaving her. “Look, we’ve practiced for months, we’ve got this. We’re going to go out there, perform and make Raven a household name.” she encouraged. Heather grinned and nodded. Jenny wasn’t the leader for nothing. She did a great job at encouraging the other members. Heather adjusted her mike that rested in front of her face. A piece of her reddish hair got caught over the mike, and she moved it, blowing it out of the way. It was something to do to try and distract her, though it wasn’t really working well. The music ended and the MCs for the night were going over the next line up and building up the anticipation for their debut.

As they talked, the all-boy group made their way backstage. AS they passed, they bowed and Heather and Jenny returned the bow. Heather’s hazel eyes locked with the blonde’s, who stared at her as they passed. She felt some sort of spark, but she always felt that when a hot guy stared at her. She followed them with her eyes until they disappeared, lost in daydreams.

“Oh! Who were those cuties?” Tiffany asked as she moved to stand next to Heather.

“Nu’est.” Jenny replied.

“Nu’est? Aren’t they a group under our record label?” Seyeon asked, arms draping over Tiffany’s shoulders.

“I think so. “Heather said. “I hope so.” She added. The lights dimmed and the cue came through the ear buds.

“Alright guys. Fighting!” Jenny said, smiling happily.  The girls nodded, repeating the word.

 Taking a breath, Heather walked out with the others and got in position for their song Hey Boy! Facing the back of the stage, posed, she stared at the screen that displayed their name in different effects. And as the music started and the crowd cheered, Heather felt a rush of adrenaline course through her. This was it. This was the beginning of hopefully a bright future!

The routine went smoothly, every one of them performing with all their might. Side stepping to the middle, heather dipped slight as she sang her part, belting out her notes that had the crowd going wild. AS the song wound down, the last moves were made and the girls got into the pose.

“Hey boy!”

The music ended and the lights dimmed. The girls gave their goodbye bows before heading back stage. They bowed to the next group going on stage as they passed, moving to their changing room. Walking in, they were attacked by their staff (make-up artists, hair-stylists).  They accepted the attack though, letting the women work to get their microphones off and touching up their hair and makeup.

“Great job girls!” their manager came over. She was a middle aged woman, very stern looking, but a very sweet woman once one got to know her. “Spotless performance. I see high popularity in the future.” She praised. AS the people clapped in the room, Raven joined in before bowing.

“Thank you Auntie.” They said.

“Alright, sit, breath. Get some water.” The manager said. “WE have about half an hour before the award ceremony. Then it’s pack up everything and leave.” Nodding, the girls found different spots to sit at. Heather sighed, leaning back against the couch she claimed, eyes closing. The adrenaline was wearing off and she was feeling exhausted. Good, but exhausted. While resting, she tried blocking out all the noise and had nearly succeeded when voices were heard at the door. Opening her eyes she lifted her head and looked to see who was there, eyes locking with a familiar looking blonde.

 


Author's Note: First Chapter. Not sure how well it went. I know it will get better eventually! Next chapter to come, working hard to get it just right! Please be kind and review! Thank you! *bows*