Chapter 5

Beautiful Stranger

Hello~! I hope everybody is still alive and anticipates my stories. So many things happened this past few weeks so i guess its a good reason to update :) this would be a nice present for YoonYul day and SNSD's anniversary. I hope you like it. Enjoy~!

*************************************************

 

Oh my love
Let’s go.
There were many more people now before I knew it.
You approached me, pretending you didn’t know that.

On my cheeks, in my ears and on my lips, whisper.
You were captivated in this song and the lights.
Without permission and forewarning oh you…
I tried to hide and cover this but oh I…

 

Yoona was listening on her Ipod as she look at the people around her. ‘Nothing beats a perfect spring at the park’. She smiled to herself. Just as she hum along to the song that she was listening, someone covered her eyes.

 

“Guess who?” the voice asked.

 

Yoona already knew the owner of that sweet husky voice.  As the person teased, she decided to play along.

 

“Hhmmm…your voice is so pretty, I guess you’re pretty, too.” Yoona smiled.

 

“Of course!” the person smirked.

 

“So confident, I see. I like it.” Yoona nodded. “So, you have pretty voice and pretty face. Perhaps, you’re an idol, aren’t you?”

 

“If I become an idol, no one will beat me.”

 

“oh jinja?” Yoona faked a gasp. “I bet many will fall in love with you!”

 

“Yep, but there’s only one person I really want to fall for me.”

 

Yoona blushed. This person has a lot of surprises. She never thought that this person could be such a smooth talker.
 

“Oh, who’s this lucky person would be?” Yoona grinned.

 

“Well, she can’t guess who I am and it’s making me sad.”

 

“Oh. Let’s try again…hhmmm…are you funny?” Yoona teased.

 

“Of course. I can make my love of my life laugh so wide that she could look like an alligator!” the voice teased.

“YAH!” Yoona yelled. “Well, I guess you’re not my Kwon Yuri,then.”

 

“YAH!” the voice yelled and removed her hands over Yoona’s eyes. Yoona turned around and so a pouting Yuri.

When they got together, she never thought that Yuri would be a different person. It’s the opposite of the cool, chic persona that she usually has. With Yoona, she’s kkab, cute and very bubbly, Yoona absolutely love her no matter what.

 

“What do you mean I’m not your Kwon Yuri?!” Yuri pouted cutely which Yoona had to fight the urge to pinch her cute cheeks.

 

“Well, my Kwon Yuri is cool, rebel and has a cold demeanor. You’re the opposite.” Yoona said.

 

“I’m cool!” Yuri insisted which made Yoona laugh and hug her sulking puppy.

 

“Yes you are. And no matter what, you’re still my Kwon Yuri.”

 

Shine under a street light
I’ll glomp in your warm overcoat and hear you breathing.
Oh like a movie
Shine it’s a special night which shines us.
I’ll walk around with you tonight on this awake street.
My love…

 

“Gaja.” Yoona said as she pulled away from Yuri and made her stand up.

 

As they were walking hand in hand,  Yuri asked Yoona,

 

“What are you listening to?” Yuri pointed at the earphone on Yoona’s ears which she completely forgot.

 

“Oh.” Then, Yoona took off one earphone and put it on Yuri’s ears so they could share.

 

“You’re listening to Girls’ Generation?” Yuri looked at her incredulously.

 

“What’s wrong with that? They’re pretty. Besides, one of the girls there looked just like you, minus the scowl and the coldness.” Yoona girlfriend.

 

“YAH!” Yuri yelled.

 

Just as they were bantering, a bike suddenly came towards them.

 

“GET OUT OF THE WAY! GET OUT OF THE WAY!” the biker yelled at the couple.

 

With Yuri’s fast reflex, she pulled Yoona into her to prevent from hitting by the bike.

 

Don’t do whisper too sweetly. I think I’ll get sad too fast.
Hold my hands and look at me.
I’ll allow only light kiss today…

 

Yoona looked up at Yuri whose also looking back at her. And like they do in movies, the couple slowly pulled towards each other and…

 


“IM YOONA! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!”

 

Yoona groaned and covered her head with the pillow. Of all the times that Sooyoung would her, it’s the time where she dreams about Yuri.

 

“YOONA! COME ON! WAKE UP! WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR THE FESTIVAL!” Sooyoung jumped up and down on her bed.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes and sat up. “Will you stop yelling at me? It’s too early! You’re not even part of the cheerleading team!”

 

“Yah! Why are you so grumpy? Did I ruin your dream about making out with Yuri?” Sooyoung sat beside her best friend.

“Yes, we’re about to kiss and you ruin it.” Yoona said as she stretched.

 

“Oh. Well, you’re going to get more than your dreams if you start preparing. You invited her to the festival remember? It’s time to seduce her with your performance later.” Sooyoung teased.

 

Yoona just rolled her eyes. She remembered that she invited Yuri to the festival last week when the girl brought her home due to her injured foot. Good thing she recovered quickly just in time for the festival. Thanks to her friends and to Yuri she recovered fast. This past few days, were quite normal for Yoona. She still waited at the school parking lot for Yuri but they never had a conversation, just timid smile and a nod from Yuri was just enough to make Yoona’s day complete. Of course they both knew their status in their school. Yoona is the popular one while Yuri was the outcast. But it still made her heart skipped a beat whenever someone left a simple note in her locker. It’s common that students left gifts on the girls locker but Yoona knew that the simple note was from Yuri. She just knew.

 

“YAH! IM YOONA! WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE! EVERYBODY IS ALMOST THERE AT THE CAMPUS!” Sooyoung yelled at her which made her scramble to the bathroom.

 

**

At the campus, Sooyoung and Yoona were surprised that their school turned into real life circus sans the wild animals but cute animals instead. As they were at their dressing room, preparing for their performance, Sooyoung blurted out,

 

“I gotta say that Taeyeon and her team did a very good job with the festival this year.” She said as she sat in one of the chairs to eat her chips and watch over her girlfriend.

 

Hyoyeon paused her stretching and nodded, “Yeah, it seems like Taeyeon is levelling up every year for the festival. Who ever knew that behind that small frame comes a brilliant mind?” she said as she elbowed Taeyeon’s girlfriend, Sunny.

 

“I know.” Sunny sighed, “Taetae got very busy these past few days and it breaks my heart whenever she told me she couldn’t eat due to her busy schedule. But I’m glad that all her hardwork paid off. It’s sad at the same time because now she’s super duper busy that we’re not going to enjoy the festival together.”

 

“Aaww…that’s too bad, unnie. Don’t worry, I’m sure Tae unnie will find a way to be with you today.” Yoona hugged her unnie.

 

“I wish, you know that every year, Taetae is always busy at the time like this. Heck, I didn’t even get the chance to talk to her since I woke up this morning.” Sunny pouted.

 

“There, there, my little danshin. Stop worrying too much, knowing Taengoo she will do something for her bunny.” Sooyoung hugged Sunny.

 

“Yah! Stop hugging me, Choi Sooyoung! Your hands is so dirty from eating chips!” Sunny whined.

 

**

“FOR OUR NEXT PERFORMANCE, PLEASE WELCOME, OUR CAMPUS CHEERLEADERS!” the DJ announced.

 

“WOOOAAAHHHHH!!!! GO IM YOOOOOOONNNAAAAA!!!!”

 

“YOOOONNNNNAAAA SSSAAARRAAANNGGGHHHHAAAEEEEE!!!’’

 

“YOOOONNAAAAA!!!! JJAAAAANNNGGG!!!!”

 

The crowd went wild as the music started and Yoona’s team started to dance in their lacy outfits and tiny shorts. The one who cheered for their school, turned into circus seductress who lured the audience.

They dance seductively by swaying their butts with their fans waved along with them.

 

“OOOMMOOONNNAAA!!!!! YYYOOOONNNAAA YYYOOOOUUU’RRREEEE SSSOOOO SSSEEXXYYY!”

 

“YOONA MAAAARRRYYY MMMEEE!!!”

 

The crowd went crazy as Yoona seduce them with their dance. It’s without a doubt that Yoona was the lead cheerleader. Besides her talent for dancing, her charisma attracts the audience. No wonder why many people fell in love with the doe eyed girl.

 

Little did they know, Im Yoona is in love with one person.

 

And that one person surprised Yoona by watching her performance.

 

Yoona gasped and almost lost her concentration on her performance when she saw Kwon Yuri watching her among the crowd. How she saw Yuri with that many people is a surprise for Yoona, too. But seeing Yuri watching her made butterflies in her stomach.

 

Sunny saw Yoona almost forgot her steps and it rarely happens unless someone important to her distracts her. She looked over the audience and saw Yuri watching their performance. She immediately knew why Yoona got distracted, so as she danced side by side with Yoona, she whispered towards the young girl,

“I know that Yuri’s watching right now. Don’t make a fool yourself in front of her by messing the routine.”

 

Yoona looked at her and mumbled, “Arasso.”

 

Yoona kept her eye on Yuri as the other girl kept an eye on her its as if they were the only people there. As Yoona turned around and looked back at Yuri, she was surprised to see someone covered Yuri’s eyes and it even surprised her to see the beautiful girl again from the diner.

 

‘she did what Yuri did to me in my dream!’  Yoona gasped.

 

 Good thing their routine was about to finish and they’re doing their final pose. She doesn’t want to see Yuri and that girl. She doesn’t want to be there right now. She wanted to walk away.

 

Their routine was over and the crowd went wild again. They bowed and all of them went backstage. Yoona caught the last glimpse of Yuri and the beautiful girl who were walking away from the crowd.

 

“Yoona!” the coach BoA called her.

 

“Coach.” Yoona bowed.

“Congratulations on the performance, you did great!” Coach pat her back.

 

“Thank you, coach. I’m glad that our group did our best for the performance.”

 

“Well, I know I can count on you and your team. For the mean time, just enjoy the festival with your friends, okay?”

 

“Ne, coach.” Yoona smiled and went to the dressing room.

 

Yoona entered the dressing room and heard that her friends were talking animatedly with each other. She also saw Hyoyeon and Sunny were already dressed their normal clothes for the festival.

 

“Congratulations, Yoong Unnie! The performance was great .” Seohyun smiled at her unnie.

 

“Gomawo, maknae. You and Tae unnie did great at the festival as well.” Yoona congratulated the maknae.

 

“Thank you, unnie. As a celebration, we plan to enjoy the festival. Yong oppa is waiting for us outside. We’ll be looking for Tae unnie later because she has some things to take care of.”

 

“Yeah, Yoong. Change your clothes, let’s enjoy the festival.” Sooyoung said .

 

Yoona smiled timidly. “Why don’t you guys go ahead. I’ll just look for you outside.”

 

The girls nodded and went outside and let Yoona change her clothes. Now that she’s alone, she couldn’t help but remember what she saw earlier.

 

‘I’m glad that Yuri went to the festival this time and even watch my performance but I didn’t know she’s going to bring someone with her’

 

She sighed.

 

‘what were you thinking, Yoona? You think that Yuri will like you back? She has a girlfriend remember? She’s very beautiful, she’s even more beautiful since the last time I saw her.’

 

“Im Yoona, it seems like you will never have the chance on Kwon Yuri. It’ll be just a dream.”

 

**

 

She walked out of the dressing room to look for her friends. She saw Sooyoung and Hyoyeon by the food stand where Sooyoung was busy munching the food as Hyoyeon wiped the dirt on the shikshin’s face.

 

‘Typical Sooyoung’. Yoona said to herself.

 

Yoona walked and she was greeted by the students, some were congratulating her, some were asking her to be their date but she politely refised.  She saw Seohyun’s boyfriend, Yonghwa throwing balls to hit the pile of bottles as Seohyun cheered for him. She also saw Taeyeon and Sunny by the animal corner where Sunny is playing with a bunny and Taeyeon took a picture of her girlfriend.

 

‘It looks like every couple was having fun. It’ll be a bummer if I’m there as the third wheel.’  Yoona sighed. ‘Maybe Yuri is having a great time with her girlfriend, too. I don’t want to bumped into them.’

 

 She decided to go home instead of spending time with her friends.

 

**

While walking towards home, she suddenly decided to walk to the park instead. ‘Maybe fresh air will do me good.’ She said to herself.

She find a nearby bench at the park and sat on it. She sighed and opened her iPod.

It was the first time feeling like this
My entire heart has been taken from me
What do I do? What should I do?

 

She listened to the song that speaks perfectly about the condition of her heart right now. She sighed.

In front of you, I become ice
I ruin it all with good-for-nothing words
You might have thought
that I was stupid
Why did you make me like this


“Why did you make me like this, Kwon Yuri?” she said to herself. “since I met you, you made me like this and it makes me crazy because I’m the only one like this, not you. What are you doing to me?”

Give it back to me,
my heart that you took without knowing
Why did you come inside without permission,
without warning and shake me up?
You burn me up and make me cry

 

“Whenever we talked, I feel so happy that my heart burst, I just can’t do anything but stare at you for a very long time. And then when we part ways, I replayed the times when we talked , you even told me we could be friends and it made me so happy.”


I pray every day for the day you will look back to me
Can’t you see me as a woman? Is it already too late?
It was the first time I got to know love

 

“Then, I suddenly thought that you already have someone special. A very beautiful girl. How can I measure up to her? She’s very elegant and perfect while I’m the opposite of her. I just wanted to cry.” She sighed and looked down.

 

I can’t hide this face
Everything about me was caught
What do I do? What should I do?

When I see you, I turn white
I run away like a child
You might have thought
I was arrogant and strange
Why did I change like this?

“Kwon Yuri, what will I do now? How can I stop myself my feelings for you? You’re letting me in but I can’t stop thinking that you already have someone else. I think I’m going crazy.” She sighed again.

 

“Damn it, Kwon Yuri.” Yoona mumbled and started to walk home.

 

As she was walking, she didn’t notice the bike coming her way, good thing that just in time, someone pulled her at the side. She looked up to the person whose arms were around her.

 

It’s not Kwon Yuri.

 

“Are you okay, miss?” the good looking guy asked which Yoona nodded.

 

“Th-thanks for saving me.” Yoona said shyly.

 

It saddened Yoona that it’s not Kwon Yuri who saved her this time just like what happened in her dreams.

 

“It’s nothing. A beautiful girl like you needs saving all the time.” The guy smirked. “Say what, what if I invited you for a cup of coffee?”

 

Yoona looked back at him and said, “I really appreciated you saving me, but sorry, I have to turn you down.”

 

“W-what?” the guy was taken aback. He’s not used to girls turning her down.

 

“I don’t do this.” Yoona said as she waved her arms around her.

 

“What?”

 

“I don’t date guys.” Yoona said simply.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m gay.” Yoona rolled her eyes at the guy’s stupidity. “I like girls. I like girls who were cold, who rides motorcycle, who’s into underground fighting, who’s into prim and proper girls and…” she rambled on.

 

“Okay, okay, I get it. You’re into badass chicks.” The guy said.

 

“Yep.” Yoona said. “Thanks for saving me, anyways. I gotta go.” She started to walk away.

 

“wait! I didn’t catch your name!” the guy yelled.

 

“Im Yoona!” Yoona yelled back as she walked away.

 

“My name’s Lee Seunggi!” the guy smirked.

 

**

Yoona greeted their security guard, Mr. Park and started to walk upstairs since the elevator was not yet fixed. She turned up her iPod and started to walk up to her floor.

 

Why is it so hard? You’re filled with mystery
I used to be chic but feels like I’ve become a different person

(Seems like I’ll catch you) seems like I’ll lose you (lose you) or catch you, a mysterious irony

 

“Why does every song has to be reminded of Kwon Yuri?” Yoona whined as she walked upstairs. “What if I decided to stop this feelings towards Yuri?”

Then she stopped.

“That would be impossible.” She sighed.


(Push) then pull (turn it around) catch it tight, there’s no time, come on now

Oh my gosh, the gestures toward you, the vague gestures

 

She finally reached her floor. She noticed that there’s someone sitting on her front door. “Maybe it’s just Sooyoung.” She mumbled and start walking towards the figure. As she walked closer, her heart started to beat twice. She finally stopped infront of the person and mumbled,

“Y-Yuri?” she called out.

The person looked up and Yoona felt her heart stopped beating for a second. Even with those tired eyes, Yuri was breathtaking.

 

“W-what are you doing here?” Yoona asked.

 

“I…I d-don’t know.” Yuri replied.


Just once, stop right now and confess your love
All throughout the dark night, I can’t sleep at thoughts of you
Wait a minute, stop everything, turn your head, look at me

Just wait a minute…

“W-what?” Yoona asked again.

“I don’t know why I’m here. All I know is I can’t find you anywhere at the festival so, I…I c-came to look for you.” Yuri confessed.

Yoona smiled at Yuri’s stutter. She find it cute that a very cold Yuri stammers every once in a while.

“Why are you looking for me?” Yoona asked as she sat beside the girl.

“I…uuhh…I just w-want to make sure you’re okay.” Yuri mumbled.

Yoona nodded, “I’m fine, thanks for asking.”

They kept silent for a while.

It’s so dizzy, my world that is filled with you
I tightly close my eyes but I still hear your voice

(Seems like I’ll catch you) seems like I’ll lose you (lose you) or catch you, a mysterious irony

 

“Y-you were great earlier.” Yuri started a conversation.

 

“Jinja? Thanks. We worked really hard for that and I’m glad that people liked it.” Yoona smiled but she immediately frowned as she remembered Yuri’s girlfriend.

 

“Do you really like to dance?” Yuri asked.

“Y-yeah. Ever since I was a kid, I enjoy dancing.” Yoona smiled. “how about you? Aside from your hobby what do you like to do?”

 

Yuri stiffened and looked down. “It’s quite embarrassing but i…uhh…I like to dance, too.”

 

Yoona gasped.  She never imagined that Yuri likes to dance, too.

 

‘We got one thing in common! EEEEEEPPP!’ Yoona screamed to herself. Before she couldn’t contain herself, she cleared and asked,

“Really? Wow! W-why didn’t you go for it? I mean join clubs?”

 

Yuri smiled sadly and said, “I love to dance but nobody knows about it. Nobody has seen me dance so I don’t know if I’m great.”

 

“I’m sure you’re a great dancer.” Yoona smiled. “But I hope that I could see you dance someday.”

 

Yuri just smiled at her.


(Push) then pull (turn it around) catch it tight, I don’t know, don’t know how

Oh my gosh, the gestures toward you, the vague gestures
Just once, stop right now and confess your love
All throughout the dark night, I can’t sleep at thoughts of you

 

“So, what are you listening to?” Yuri asked as she gestured to Yoona’s ears.

 

Yoona forgot that she still have her iPod on and put off the other earpiece. “Uh, it’s---here.” Yoona put the earpiece on Yuri’s ear and let her listen to it.


Wait a minute, stop everything, turn your head, look at me

I think I know but then I don’t, do you like me?
I’ll pretend to have no choice but to accept you so be a man and tell me

Oh my gosh, what is happening to the chic me?
Oh my heart, my heart is acting up and pounding

“You’re listening to Girls’ Generation?!” Yuri exclaimed just like in Yoona ‘s dream which made her feel weird.

 

“Well, they’re pretty and…Hey! How come you knew them? Are you a fan of them?” Yoona teased.

 

Yuri blushed and said, “No! it’s j-just my cousin is a fan of them and it’s getting into my nerves! She kept on repeating their album all day!”

 

Yoona looked at her mischievously, “So, what is your favorite song?”

 

Yuri was taken aback. “W-what?”

 

“What is your favorite song from Girls’ Generation?”

 

“NONE!” Yuri yelled.

 

“OKAY FINE! JUST DON’T SHOUT!” Yoona yelled back.

 

They kept quiet for a while until Yuri mumbled, “Romantic street”.

 

Yoona turned towards her, “What?”

 

“My favorite song, it’s Romantic Street by Girls’ Generation.”

 

Yoona gasped not because of Yuri being a fan of Girls’ Generation but her favorite song is one in her dreams.

 

“You know, it’s quite funny because one of the girls there looked just like you.” Yuri commented. “Even the way you laugh is the same. That big Aligator mouth that you have.” Yuri teased.

 

“YAH!” Yoona yelled as Yuri laughed.

 

As much as it creeps Yoona out that her dreams is sort of happening right now, it didn’t matter to her. As long as she could hear the wonderful sound of Yuri’s laugh and her teasing personality, it’s a wonderful feeling for Yoona.

 

Don’t move an inch, where are you going, leaving me here after falling for you? (Leaving me here?)
Look at me, what should I do? I think I’ve completely fallen for you
I’m already lost in your sweet eye smile, lost in your love
Softly tell me, that you feel the same way


They kept quiet again just listening to the song. Yoona suddenly blurted out the thing that’s bothering her mind the whole day.

 

“So, how’s your girlfriend?” Yoona asked. Yuri looked at her confusingly but nodded.

 

“She’s―” Yuri started but just then her phone rings. “Yeboseyo?...Ne…Arasso.”

 

Yuri returned the earpiece back to Yoona and started to get up. Yoona frowned that their moment is over.

 

“I better go.” Yuri mumbled.

 

Yoona thought that Yuri’s girlfriend might be looking for her she just nodded and stood up.

 

“You better come inside, it’s getting dark.” Yuri said.

 

“I will.” Yoona replied and turned to unlock the door which made Yuri started to walk away.

 

“Uh, Yuri?” Yoona called out which made the girl turned back.

 

“Ne?”

 

“Thank you for keeping your promise and for your notes on my locker.” Yoona said shyly.

 

It’s Yuri turned to blush. “It’s uhh…nothing. I never got that much friends so I guess it’s a better thing to do. We’re f-friends right?”

 

Yoona felt her heart break when she heard the word, “friends”. For Yuri, they were just friends.

 

Yoona nodded slowly, “Y-yeah.”

 

“You have nothing to worry about. I got your back.” Yuri smiled. “Go inside.”

 

Yoona nodded again and mumbled, “Bye.”

 

“See you.” Yuri said as she turned around to walk away. Yoona sighed for the nth time.

 

‘Maybe it’s better this way than nothing.’

 

TBC.

**

A/N: I didn't get the chance to proofread this chapter so i apologize for the mistakes. lol.