(Not a Date) At the Museum: Part II

Gameplay

 

[Yumi’s POV]

This day was so fun! I got to see lots of artworks from various artists and take note, Alexander Miller, one of my most favorite artists, had some of his famous works displayed in the exhibit too! Too bad I forgot to bring my dslr camera for picture-taking! But anyways, I have to thank Henry Lau for all of this!!

Today was all perfect for me, except when almost everyone in the museum thought of me and Kyuhyun as a…couple.

WELL THAT WAS AWKWARD!

Kyuhyun and I barely talk in class (coz we’re seated afar from each other unlike with Henry and Kibum who were my seatmates, and also coz he usually hangs out with guys and not much with girls and blah blah blah) and so this is my first time to hang out him with and to him know him a little bit.

Well, he was actually pretty cool. And for your information guys we’re NOT on a date okay!

Those awkward stares from people earlier are quite bothersome for me and for Kyuhyun! Good thing Henry and Kibum were not here, otherwise they would keep on teasing us the whole day (which is more awkward).

(Later On)

“So um..Yumi, anything you want to eat for dinner?” Kyuhyun asked as we walked on the side road after we left the museum.

I paused on walking as I checked my watch and realized it was past 7pm already. Hmm, I am actually craving for pizza and pasta tonight, but I’m not sure if Kyuhyun would like it…

“I see. You want to eat there, don’t you?” he asked as he pointed towards an Italian Restaurant to which I didn’t notice I was staring at for a minute.

I nodded shyly.

“Okay. Let’s go then.” He tapped me on my shoulders before going ahead.

-

“Are you sure it’s fine for you to eat here?” I asked as I took my seat. Well, I don’t want to be blamed afterwards if he doesn’t like the food here..

The waitress handed us two menu books and then left for a minute.

“Yup...I’m up for anything as long as they’re not vegetables,” Kyuhyun replied as he looked over the menu book.

“You don’t like vegetables too?” I asked before checking out the menu book.

“Oh, you too? No wonder we’re both skinny,” he replied. Then he raised his hand to call the waitress.

“Good evening, sir. May I take your order?” the waitress smiled and asked.

“Ah ye, one bowl of chicken soup, a plate of lasagne, two pieces of garlic breads, and a glass of water please.” Kyuhyun ordered in a fast manner. The waitress nodded as she attentively wrote down all of them fast as well.

“How about you, Yumi?” Kyuhyun asked me.

“Hmm. Spaghetti Bolognese, five pieces of garlic breads, one slice of Pepperoni pizza, and…” I ordered while looking for more. “…and a glass of mango smoothie.” Again, the waitress wrote down everything and gave us a number before leaving to the kitchen.

“Wow…you like garlic breads?” Kyuhyun asked.

I nodded. “Yeah. They’re my favorite.”

Another waiter came in and offered us some red wine while we wait for our order.

Kyuhyun and I made a toast before drinking. I saw him drank up all the wine in one shot.

“Hey, slowly!” I told him.

Kyuhyun made an ‘aahhh~’ sound and then he chuckled. “C’mon this is just red wine and for you to know, I have a very high tolerance in alcohol so this won’t take any effect on me.”

“Whoa.” I said in surprise. *insert obama’s “not bad” meme here* lol

“Yep..how about you?”

“Well, I only drink in special occasions and I think my alcohol tolerance is just average.” I replied as I took a sip of my wine.

“I see.” Kyuhyun said.

(Few minutes later)

Awkward silence again.. Okay topic! I need to start a topic! But I’m shy!! Gahhh *crickets*

Why is our food taking so long?! Huhu. I can’t stand this awkwardness anymore. Zz

“So,” I turned to Kyuhyun. “I heard from Henry that you guys were living in a dorm with 15 boys? How is that…possib..” my words had faded.

I can’t think of any topic. So yeah.

“Yep..that’s true. We are a group of friends consisting of 15 boys. But we’re being split into two dorms. Henry and I live in the 8th floor along with the others, while Kibum lives in the 9th with my other hyungs.” Kyuhun replied.

“Oh...are they from Gyongdu High too?” I asked.

“Uh-huh. Me, Henry and Kibum are freshmen, right? Well my hyungs are sophomores and juniors now. You’ll get to know the rest of them maybe next time.”

“I see. How long have you guys been friends? I mean…you’re quite a lot.”

“Some were during childhood or kindergarten, some were during middle school, family friends, etc. Quite a lot, indeed. But we all consider each other as real family members. And we’ve been living together in the dorm since middle school, so our friendships have already deepened over the years.” Kyuhyun explained.

“Interesting..how about your parents? Where do they live?”

The more we talk about it, the more I get curious.

“Our parents live in our own hometowns. Sometimes, we go back and visit our hometowns during breaks. And our parents were also friends with the other parents, even our siblings, so it’s really like a whole family. They have agreed about us all living in a dorm before, and now they have appointed Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung, 3-A students, to guard and take responsibility for us, like to report any mess or whatsoever, and they’re also taking charge of the division of bills and other expenses.”

“Ohh..that’s great. At least you guys will learn to become more independent at an early age..”

“Yeap. Especially when things get serious, we have to follow what our hyungs would say, otherwise we’ll be scolded. Parents even gave them the authority to punish us if we don’t discipline. They could get scary at times, especially Heechul hyung.”

Kyuhyun acted as if he really feared his two hyungs. I saw him shivered as he mentioned the last parts.

-

And…ALAS!! After 4857129869 years, our food finally came! My stomach had been growling awhile ago. Damn those chefs!

*sniff sniff*

Ahhh~ Pizza and pasta…this is heaven. Kyuhyun and I have started filling in our hungry stomachs. And there’s this silence again.

 “Oh by the way,” Kyuhyun said in between bites. I turned my head on him. “Since we’ve been hanging out the whole time, might as well take this chance to get to know each other well, right?”

Really.. I didn’t know he’s interested in knowing me, like I said we barely talk in class.

“Sure, anything you want to know?” I asked him as I sliced my pizza.

“Yeap. Your name..are you a half-Japanese?” he asked as he took a bite from his garlic bread. His other arm was rested on the table.

“Not really. My mom is a Korean, while my dad is half-Korean and half-Japanese. I got my name after my grandmother who is a Japanese—Fuyuumi Yokozawa.” I replied in between bites.

He nodded his head to mean that he now gets it.

“That’s cute..so your parents live in..?” he asked as he finished off his last piece of lasagne.

“They are now living in Tokyo with my elder brother, Aki.” I replied.

“Oh cool, you’ve got an elder brother. How is he?” Kyuhyun asked after wiping his mouth with the table napkin.

“He’s fine. He is already helping out my parents in our family business which is a dealing company of different organic cosmetic products.” I answered as I took a sip from my mango smoothie. Aaahh~

“I see. Your family moved in Japan and you didn’t go with them? Why is that?” he asked.

“Well, at first I wanted too, but I changed my mind when I’ve decided that I wanted to try something different. I want to prove to my parents that I am responsible enough to become independent. Moreover, I want to study and finish my college in Hallym University. And then I can just move there afterwards.” I told him. I sounded like I’m doing a ceremonial speech. Keke

“And your family will never move back here again?” he asked again.

“It depends. The business is booming well in Tokyo. In fact, the original plan of stay was only five years, but who knows.” I shrugged and took my last piece of garlic bread.

“Oh..okay.” he nodded.

“How about your family?” this time, it was me who asked.

“Well, my parents are living in Mokpo right now. They run a business too, which is a Korean language school called UPI in Taiwan. And my noona is currently studying fashion designing in Paris.” He replied.

My jaw dropped. F-Fashion designing…in PARIS?! Big time.

“Oh my god. Son of a rich man. And I envy your sister like a thousand times!” I exclaimed.

“Well, I’m not…” he said, trying to act humble himself.

“Oh c’mon. If it was me, it would be like living in a dream,” I said tapping his shoulder.

Kyuhyun just shrugged and raised his hand again to call the waiter and gestured him for the bill. The waiter immediately grabbed the bill from the counter and walked towards our table.

As soon as Kyuhyun looked over the bill, he quickly grabbed his wallet from his pocket and took out some money.

“Hey, here’s for my dinner.” I offered him some money.

“No, it’s okay. I’m paying it all,” he refused.

“But—” I said but he cut me off.

“My treat.” He smiled as he handed the bill to the waiter. The latter bowed as he thanked us and made his way to the counter.

“You should have told me earlier so that I would have ordered less. But anyway, thanks..” I said and put my money back to my wallet.

Just when I ordered five garlic breads and he ordered only three…and I even ordered a mango smoothie when he just asked for some water! Poor Kyuhyun..he must be regretting for coming with me. Asdfghjkl.

“I told you it’s fine, and you’re welcome. By the way, it’s almost 9 o’clock. Shall we go?” Kyuhyun asked while putting his wallet back to his pocket.

I nodded and we both left the restaurant.